TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
smh810

American Idol Season 4

no doubt Federov is toast...oh and obviously America doesn't always listen to the judges because he was panned pretty much the whole show...hell he's been panned since they narrowed it down to 8 after trimming away the fat...

OK, I was always hoping that someone would do a Tricia Yearwood version of "How Do I Live?", since it's much better than the Leann Rimes version, and I think Vonzell's a great singer and all, but what the hell was that? That was awful.

And Randy, SHUT THE FUCK UP. That was not a difficult song to sing.

Edited by starvenger

Somone had to have died in her family or something.

Surprise, surprise, someone's singing Lonestar and it's NOT "Amazed". Instead, it's their other pop crossover song... :(

Hey, Jailbait Trias was in the audience...

Edited by starvenger

Ok, I thought Vonzell didn't do that great, and the judges sort of complimented her. (well Randy did) And I just thought Carrie was great..especially on the ending high notes, yet the judges did. Odd :/.

Guest Rrrsh

I am in the west, so I just saw te eCountry part now.

Carrie did good, the rest blew ass. Carrie really looks like the winner the closer the fianle gets.

Guest Rrrsh

Its was average, Federovs was better. Bo ruled.

Worst of the night still goes to Vonzels first one. Randy is so biased towrds African Americans, its stupid.

The first set sucked

Carrie wasnt bad but the song sucked and was way too "hillbillyish" to quote my dad.

Bo was pretty boring

Vonz was awful, somethign must have happened to her as she was getting real emotional. anyhow it was a bad song for her, done way too slow and was flat at points.

Tony was nice, technically the best of the first set but not by much.

2nd set was better, well at least the last three songs.

Carrie sucked worse than ever

Bo stole the show again being back in his realm

Vonz was reernergized and obviously picked the right song

Tony did a obviously better job than Carrie with the song. Though Simon was right on the money about the whole "soul" thing.

Not sure on who I want to vote off here, but judging by tonite only it would be Carrie, but I dont see her going yet. Probably Anthony, unless we get another shocker.

Guest Rrrsh

Vonzel 1st song was far worse than Carrie secodn. It was just boring, it was vocally fine.

Vonzie goes.

Simon fired off one of the better lines he's ever said comparing Federov singing soul music to Woddy Allen playing Shaft...

Bo V. Carrie in the finals, I see Carrie narrowly edging him out...

I wouldn't be surprised if Vonzell was tossed tonight, regardless of the votes she may get based on how emotional she was...

It almost seemed like Bo didn't give a shit during the first song. I think that he knew he was going to nail that second one (and he did). His second song might have been the most impressive of the year.

Simon really took it easy on Vonzell after the first one. He could have destroyed her, but I think that he used better judgement. It looked like she might not have made it back out if he had.

I say the little white guy goes tonight.

Oh yeah, if they were doing the sounds of Philly, how was "Parents Just Don't Understand" left out. They obviously ran out of Gamble and Hoff songs, so they needed to have one Will Smith song. Or the Dead Milkmen. "Punk Rock Girl" would have been a nice surprise.

Can you imagine Bo busting out some Fresh Prince?

Anyways, he's my pick to go. Why? Because everyone else had some problems with one song or the other, so their fans will have voted like mad for them.

They obviously ran out of Gamble and Hoff songs...

I was huge in Philly back in the day.

Seriously, though, they went on about how many songs these guys had written, and then they couldn't find more than three to do. I mean, I know that it's what the contestants chose, but I still found it funny.

I always thought there were rules against that. I never saw it happen before.

Also, I wonder who does the arrangements. It didn't seem fair that Carrie was getting killed over her arrangement and Anthony was complimented on his if they didn't have a part in creating the arrangements.

to the best of my knowledge, I believe that's the first time Cowell ever acknowleged the band whether it was good OR bad...I wasn't paying attention at the time, was the song THAT bad that he would even knock the band? If anyone deserves more praise, it's the band for having to learn songs from top to bottom inthe course of a week...

I've never found learning an instrumental part any harder than learning a vocal one, except that you do have more room to improvise on vocals.

The arrangement of Carrie's piece was dull, but she wasn't exactly putting a lot of oomph into the vocals, either. Federov's performance was better, but not super-colossal or anything. I didn't think anyone has a really "great" performance tonight, although Bo and Vonz's second songs seemed...rejuvenated.

I would think that the contestants would have to choose relatively quickly to help the band out. But who knows, they very well could learn all the songs. If so I hope they're well compensated.

I always thought there were rules against that. I never saw it happen before.

Also, I wonder who does the arrangements. It didn't seem fair that Carrie was getting killed over her arrangement and Anthony was complimented on his if they didn't have a part in creating the arrangements.

Ruben Studdard and Josh Gracin did it in Season 2. It's generally pretty rare, as the contestants will obviously talk amongst themselves to see what they're singing.

well, i guess I meant more in the fact that they have to learn a dozen or so songs while contests learn two at the most...

They don't exactly have to learn songs...(the musicians that is). As don't most of them have the sheet music right there in front of them? (I never really pay attention to the band much, but I at least know they do when they have those 'Big Bands') But if you can play an instrument, just put the sheet music right there and front of you, and you don't really have to learn the song at all. Although of course, yea there are some amazingly hard songs out there for some instruments that would take a little learning.

I really hope Vonzell doesn't go tonight, she's the only person I like. BUT, they compliment her and go easy on her too much. She would have been no match for Jennifer, Latoya or Fantasia of last year. Yet they are treating her like a goddess.

But, I think it's going to be Vonz that goes.

Final 3 is Bo, Vonzell and Carrie. (blanked for the benefit of the West Coasters) No drama, no controversy about that. In a way, it's surprising that Sergei went home.