Guest Trivia247

Jan 25th shall be "Jim Ross Day"

Guest Trivia247

Press Release: Monday, 1/24/05 Proclaimed "Jim Ross Day''

(In Oklahoma that is)

(BUSINESS WIRE)--World Wrestling Entertainment

WHO: Oklahoma's Own JIM "J.R." ROSS

The Voice of Monday Night RAW

WHAT: For the first time ever, WWE will broadcast Monday Night RAW LIVE from the Ford Center in Oklahoma City. WWE RAW, which is broadcast in 20 languages in 150 countries, continues to be the highest rated weekly TV show in the history of cable television.

As J.R. returns to Oklahoma City for this momentous event, Governor Brad Henry has proclaimed Monday, January 24, 2005, as"Jim 'J.R.' Ross Day" in the State of Oklahoma, in order to honor of the many accomplishments of this Oklahoma native.

Join Ford Center General Manager Gary Desjardins as he presents the proclamation to J.R.

WHEN: Monday, January 24, 2005 - 12:00 PM

WHERE:York Icehouse at the Ford Center.

EVENT INFO: Tickets for WWE RAW are $40, $30, $25 and $20 and can still be purchased at the Ford Center Box Office, participating Oklahoma City and Tulsa area Homeland Stores, by phone at 1-800-511-1552 or online at Tickets.com.

Jim Ross was a great announcer until 1999 hit and he had his stroke. It was never the same with him after he suffered his bout with Bells Palsy and seeing his broadcast partner and TV brother ditch him for his jailbait cunt when she left the WWE in 2001.

He's an atrocious idiot to try and listen to now unfortunately.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's just sad watching old NWA shows and seeing how great he once was.

Well, it's a big day for him, at least.

I assume this means he will job/be humilated on RAW, though, as that's the general rule whenever RAW is in OKC.

Guest Archibald Mutombo
I assume this means he will job/be humilated on RAW, though, as that's the general rule whenever RAW is in OKC.

Good point!

:throwup:

Well, it's a big day for him, at least.

Bischoff: You see, JR wanted to meet and be reunited with someone very special tonight. He said his initials were S...C...S...A... but I didn't hear that, as I thought he said a few different initials...like B..B..Q... So, GOOD OLE JR...let me introduce to you...

...KAAAAAAAAANE~!

IIRC they used "off air footage" of JR and Lawler slagging off Bischoff, and Bischoff booked a match between JR and Lance Storm or JR/Lawler v Storm/Regal, my memorys a bit hazy

Maybe they'll have a JR appreciation ceremony that's interrupted by Hassan and Davari, thereby continuing their epic feud.

And maybe, I will change the channel.

Guest Sturgis

I think his announcing problem stem from The King. Don't belive me? Listen to his commentary with Tazz at RR 04'. To me it felt like I was listening to Jim Ross instead of Good Ol' J.R.