TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Things that annoy the shit out of you

I only referenced my mp3 collection when telling people how I wished I had it on my new computer also.

I hate when people describe a band/group/act to me using people I don't know either to give me an idea of how they sound.

When people make broad generalizations regarding music styles and their quality. Not all bands in a style suck(duh), so people going "____(Enter Musical style here) sucks." annoys me to no end.

Guest Dr. Wrestlingphysics

I hate the People who automatically dislike old music just because it is old and that somehow makes it bad and irrelevant

I also hate the people who automatically hate new music just because it is new and not as good as old stuff or immedeately label it a poor immitation.

Sons of the Pioneers are so emo it hurts.

Borat and Selleck are emo, people with moustaches are also emo, and since you are the master of the stache that makes you emo as well. For shame emo boy. :lol:

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
When someone's proud of their mp3 collection. Way to download, dude!

You can make an argument that any sort of collector mentality is asinine, but at least somone with a huge record collection has something tangible.

does any ipod collection count? haha-haha. okay, thats enough.

I also hate the people who automatically hate new music just because it is new and not as good as old stuff or immedeately label it a poor immitation.

Otherwise known as Rolling Stone Magazine.

According to them, music hasn't existed since Nirvana.

People who diss "Love and Mercy" and "God Only Knows" annoy the shit out of me.

Having to act, or look, a certain way in order to like a band.

In high school, the "real" heavy metal fans used to hate me because I was nothing like them. I didn't have tattoos, didn't smoke, didn't use drugs, didn't have long hair, etc. and yet someone I wasn't worthy of listening to metal bands. Seeing as how rap was popular in the late 90's, and metal wasn't as big, it's not like I was listening to it to fit in or anything.

I don't know, the whole thing just bothered me. It's like I needed permission from these people to buy albums and t-shirts with my hard earned money.

You mean the magazine that gives three-and-a-half stars to almost every album they review?

Guest Vitamin X
Having to act, or look, a certain way in order to like a band.

In high school, the "real" heavy metal fans used to hate me because I was nothing like them. I didn't have tattoos, didn't smoke, didn't use drugs, didn't have long hair, etc. and yet someone I wasn't worthy of listening to metal bands. Seeing as how rap was popular in the late 90's, and metal wasn't as big, it's not like I was listening to it to fit in or anything.

I don't know, the whole thing just bothered me. It's like I needed permission from these people to buy albums and t-shirts with my hard earned money.

Simple solution: Don't hang out with these people, or at least take them seriously. I've run into similar situations because I have a very broad taste in music, so I never quite fit in with social groups whose main focal point is listening to a certain genre of music. And staying on topic, that would be the thing that irritates me also.

I also hate how everyone believes they have some kind of musical ability, I mean enough to make it big and create some kind of musical revolution whereas the majority of the time these same people create bands that end up being duplicative of another one, adding absolutely nothing to the medium.

You mean the magazine that gives three-and-a-half stars to almost every album they review?

Yeah, that piece of shit publication.

Great photos, though....

Those who think if it was recorded within the last 20 years, it sucks.

Those who treat Dark Side of the Moon as though it was the second coming of Christ.

I am also irritated by those who think if you like a band that gets radio play, you dont like "real music". Or likewise, if it gets radio play, it isnt "real music".

People who think all of heavy metal is like Slipknot, especially when Slipknot themselves aren't a metal band.

**waits for somebody to say "people who are elitist about their favorite style"**

Whenever I hear someone say "you're not cool enough to like this band" or something along those lines.

Whenever someone calls every band they don't like "a sell-out." Excuse the artists for wanting to make a living.

When a band puts out several albums and it becomes customary to only like the first album or two.

The time at Hooter's when Warrant's "Cherry Pie" came on and a group of hooligans thought it was Poison. I said it wasn't and they argued with me for over an hour saying that it was.

People who bash you for liking mainstream music.

When you give your opinion on a band you don't like and the other person bashes your favorite band and calls you stupid for liking them in return (they can dish it out but can't take it)

Every rap fan who thinks rock music is nothing but screaming and headbanging.

AND THE WORST ONE:

People who JUDGE you on your music preference (and yes, I know people like this)

REM fans that think they deserve extra credit for being into the band before they got big.

Also people who write off an entire type of music as crap because they don't like a band or song.

I hate people who feel the need to tell me that the kind of music that I listen to "sucks," then feel compelled to tell me that I should listen to something "good" like Nickelback, Linkin Park, or Limp Bizkit.

I'm guilty of this one myself: People who like an obscure band, then get bitter when they're not obscure anymore. Pretty much everyone is protective over at least one band that they like that not too many other people do, but nonetheless, it's annoying. "I loved Modest Mouse but now all these kids like 'Float On'! POSEURS!"

^ That's a good one too. I hate people who don't like bands because they're "trendy", listen to a band because you like their music, not because it's trendy.

And I also hate people who brag about liking bands before they got big: "OMG! I KNEW AEROSMITH WHEN THEY WERE AN UNDERGROUND PUNK BAND!!!!111"

People who JUDGE you on your music preference (and yes, I know people like this)

This is one of the ways I decide if a person is worth knowing or not. Therefore, it's great.