TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Banter

The Passion of The Clerks

The Passion of The Clerks Start Date?

Source: The View Asknewniverse

January 27, 2005

Writer/director Kevin Smith has given an update on The Passion of The Clerks, the sequel to Clerks, at his official website.

"We were hoping we'd start in January," says Smith. "But with all the Miramax/Disney stuff going on, we've been delayed." He says they will now probably start filming in early April.

The sequel to the 1994 independent hit picks up 10 years later. It's about what happens when that lazy, 20-something malaise lasts into your 30s. It's time for the Dante and Randal to actually grow up and do something more than just sit around and dissect pop culture and talk about sex.

Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Jason Mewes, and Smith will reprise their roles.

Wait, what happend to him not giving mewes work till he got clean or whatever?

That moment away from the J&SB verse didn't last long, did it? Not that I am complaining

I think he may be clean at the moment. He seemed fairly normal for the new commentary on the 10th Anniversary Clerks DVD, which is a change, since he was known for doing those things under the influence.

Guest Vitamin X

What, are you talking about him being under THE INFLUENCE OF THE EVIL DRUG MARIJUANA?

Guest BrokenWings

Yeah, it was heroin.

Anyways, I wonder if it'll still be out by the end of the year as Smith had earlier predicted.

Guest theanswer1824

i like smith and his movies and everything else but i can't stand the fans. let me rephrase that, the "weird" fans. i bought that 10 year clerks dvd mostly for the extra feautres. when they had the Q & A with the cast, they just had some guys asking stupid questions (the actor that plays Dante was annoyed too: 'This is the 10 year anniversery for clerks and we get questions like this?!') and fans making gay come ons/advances toward kevin. seriously, just that made me want to return it but i lost the receipt.

Considering I got the set for about $16, I thought the new commentary and the original cut of the film were worth the price of admission alone. I didn't even bother with all of the extra crap, since these were the main selling points for me.

fans making gay come ons/advances toward kevin. seriously, just that made me want to return it but i lost the receipt.

See: An Evening With Kevin Smith.

Good DVD, but every other person was wanting to suck somebody's dick. It was like they filmed it on Christopher Street.