TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Karnage

WWE Wrestlemania 21

Guest COMMISSIONERHBK9
basically what I'm asking is how to upgrade it from Amatuer to say rising superstar? That sorta thing and seriously? So they do nothing at all? Thats sorta werid and can you use any of the wrestlers actual music for a CAW?

The way you upgrade from amatuer to rising is by doing the goals that are ask for you to do. The way you find out the goals are go to your profiles and click on access then view and then you go to goals and click on it. Also you have to change the the dificulity after you complete each dificulity goal.

No, I don't have the headset yet. I need to get a money order from the bank to cover shipping them mail my coupon.

As far as I've seen you don't need to change the difficulty, but maybe that'sa glitch. The only time I had to change it is for "Defeat a Legend", where doing so without being on Legend difficulty did nothing. Everything else worked fine on Amateur.

from www.wrestlingobserver.com:

--There is a manufacturer error in the disc for THQ's WrestleMania 21 game for Xbox. For those who have purchased it, or may purchase it, if there are problems during the replay mode, call 866-635-2345 and tell them you purchased the game with a faulty disc, Verify our disc code and you'll get a replacement disc at no charge.

The XBL download that allows you to play the game online also fixes that. Speaking of which, ran in to Mr. Blaenwing online the other day but a poor connection caused an ealry match abort... or perhaps he was scared off by The Mountie

Yeah, but for those without XBL now have an option.

I'd like to see sites post scores for this game now that a fix, or at least something of a fix, has been released.

Guest MikeSC

I'll be honest --- a lot of the criticisms I've seen in reviews didn't deal with the lack of XBL. The game just has a wealth of problems.

-=Mike

But see, the Live patch also fixed the majority of the problems the game had offline. It makes a big difference.

Then again, I liked the game even before the patch was released. It seems to be one of those "love it or hate it" types of games.

Guest COMMISSIONERHBK9

Guys, I don't know what to do. I have the old game with the downloadable patch on it. But THQ just ship out new copies of wrestlemania on May 3. A lot of people are saying that those copies that were ship out on the 3 is worst then those that download the patch with the old game. Has anyone here played the new copy that was ship May 3? Is there a big improvement from the new disc to the old game with the patch?

Guest MikeSC

I learned that EB's current trade-in value for WM 21 is, apparently, $0.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
so really, how bad is this game? is it WWE Warzone kinda bad or WCW Thunder/Nitro kinda bad? Warzone bad I can manage...

WarZone bad. It's a little better than RAW 2 with, IMO, a worse CAW mode.

-=Mike

The game itself would be good if not for all the freakin bugs. I mean, if you like Ladder matches and LIVE, I wouldn't fuck with it. And the CAW leaves alot to be desired. But once you learn the controls its a damn fine wrestling game IMO. Just way too many bugs.

I will buy it when it is 9 bucks, which at this rate will be in a few days.

^^

nile.gif

What am I in denial over?

I have seen it for 24 bucks already, and I have the most extreme patience in the world when it comes to games, so 9 bucks tops.

If you mean the game being a cool wrestler, then yeah, I meant that. Its just buggy as all hell. I still say DOR is the best wrestler to come out this year, and it was a step down from the previous Wrestlemania on GC(which I think was the best last year) but this game is alright.

I meant about the game being worth a damn or even being worth 9 bucks. :P

That's about the average I pay for my games in general anyway.

I meant about the game being worth a damn or even being worth 9 bucks. :P

That's about the average I pay for my games in general anyway.

Average? Hell...thats ALL I pay for video games tops.

And I don't use live and don't give a shit about ladder matches because the AI in every wrestling game in existance is stupid in them(will grab you and let another wrestler go and grab the gold) so yeah, I say it is worth 10 bucks.

Where can you buy games for $10? Clearly, I'm missing something.

EBs/Gamestops/Gamecrazy/GameRush kind of places I'm guessing Ripper means, but maybe he also hits pawn shops too.

I got a disc-only Metal Gear Solid 3 for 8 bucks and complete (looks brand new practically) Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for 10 bucks. They charge a flat price of 10 bucks per game for X-Box/GC/PS2 games, although some older games end up sitting there.

And I don't use live and don't give a shit about ladder matches because the AI in every wrestling game in existance is stupid in them(will grab you and let another wrestler go and grab the gold) so yeah, I say it is worth 10 bucks.

Since I got Revenge for 2 bucks and No Mercy for 3, still sounds like a gyp. :P

Fucking AWESOME cheat. (For those who want to do it at least...some might not want to)

But, there's a cheat out now to unlock EVERYTHING. (just found out, still have to buy attribute points I think)

At the start screen (i.e. the one that says "press start" at the beginning), hold both triggers while pressing white, black, and then all four buttons at the same time, then press start, and everything is unlocked.

It might take a little work getting your fingers in the right position to do that, but wow...I actually didn't believe it at first.

EDIT- damnit, I was teased :(. Evidently it's not permanent. I guess it resets after every match..For instance, I did the cheat, then had a match at one of the unlocked arenas. Then went to WWEshop again and everything was back to how it was before.

My EB is still trying to sell me No Mercy for $25. Way to fucking much for me!

Is it one of those new copies that still has the white sticker on it, but since it isn't technically "used" they aren't selling it as much?

I go to those used DVD places.

I got halo, splinter cell, Hitman 2, and DOA3 for 3.99 each. That is my price range.

Or I hit up Blockbuster sometimes.