TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest hhheld_down

The 2005 Rumble

Guest hhheld_down

just hours before the show, i was wandering how many people will be ordering tonights event and what makes you want to order should u choose to?

I'd probably order it if I could. Unfortunately I don't have PPV capability. Both of the world title matches have me intrigued and have been built up pretty well, and the Rumble is the Rumble (which surprisingly, they haven't seemed to put as much emphasis on this year, other than the "qualifying matches").

Guest Trivia247

Any Rumble is worth it. the big four PPV's

Rumble, WM, Summerslam, Survivor Series should be almost manditory for any Wrestling fanatic to get, the rest you can shoot for or perhaps subconciously miss on purpose.

Guest Coffey

I don't think any WWE-related, 3-hour PPV is worth $35. Hell, I don't think I've ever seen a show in the past worth that much either. They just charge too damn much nowadays.

If you're looking at it from a workrate perspective, this card is trash. The actual Rumble match itself is what the selling point is, and it's just a glorified battle royal.

Rumble, WM, Summerslam, Survivor Series should be almost manditory for any Wrestling fanatic to get, the rest you can shoot for or perhaps subconciously miss on purpose.

Survivor Series often stinks. Usually there is at least one non-Big 4 that is better than it, like with Backlash & No Way Out last year. The other 3 are almost always hits, except for 1999 where all three sucked.

But yeah, I will always order the Rumble, even during the dark times. The Rumble match itself is worth it, no matter what the rest of the card is like. It is usually my favourite match of the year, although not necessarily the best.

I ordered it as part of the DirecTV "Road to Wrestlemania" 3 pack, along with NYRevolution and No Way Out (this was before I learned what the "No Way Out" main event was).

I'm going to try and get up to Birch Run tonight, watch it on a theatre screen for $7.

OMG BIRCH RUN~!!! That's like a 15 minute drive from here.

Anyway, I haven't missed a RR since 1992 (which was the first one I had a chance to order), but it looks like the streak ends here. I even ordered it last year when I went somewhere else to watch it at the last minute. I'm too out of the loop and too apathetic about that fact to even get excited about what was once my favorite PPV.