TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChick

Moments you *did* see coming

Alright, to counteract the unexpected moments thread, what were some moments that you saw coming a mile away, but were suppose to be a surprise?

I'll say when Triple H attacked HBK to turn heel prior to their Summerslam '02 match.

Guest LooneyTune

I hate to beat a dead horse, but Austins turning at Invasion.

Triple H being "Assaulted" by Batista before his match vs. Benoit on the 11/22/04 RAW.

Triple H attacking Shawn Michaels to lead into Summerslam 2002.

Kane turning heel on Undertaker at Rumble '98.

Vince McMahon being the Higher Power.

Guest LooneyTune

Lita having a miscarriage was painfully obvious... unless someone smoked something they shouldn't have and had her give birth to a foot.

Guest LooneyTune

Kane is a good challenger to that statement. He's been heel/face so many times I've lost track. Big Show seems to turn on a semi-monthly basis. (this must be his longest face run... 4 months).

I saw this thread coming.

But I'll play along, I guess.

I saw Eric Bischoff counting Shawn's shoulders down too coming on the Dec. 03 Raw where Michaels "won the title" in San Antonio.

The way Eric shifted to clearly look at the shoulders (IIRC) and the way Michaels fell and Trips moved his own arm so Shawn could be flat on the mat gave it away.

Guest LooneyTune

I'm surprised they didn't do the same thing at Armageddon '03 (Shawn did the exact same spot against Batista).

Guest LooneyTune

I would put Stephanies as shocking, since we've seen her as the innocent type for the better of a year and she really didn't look like she could pull off a heel turn.

HHH being the one who put the Bradshaw vignette on Raw Last week,

leading to Batista finding out and they battle at Mania, and HBK interfering at Cena and Angles NWO no 1 contender match.

Guest LooneyTune
HHH being the one who put the Bradshaw vignette on Raw Last week,

leading to Batista finding out and they battle at Mania, and HBK interfering at Cena and Angles NWO no 1 contender match.

To be fair, the Batista situation is still being played out, so don't count your chickens before they hatch. Maybe Ric Flair did it... OK, it's really obvious, but still, we might get swerved.

Guest jumpingbombangel

Ryan Shamrock slapping Ken Shamrock at (I think it was) St Valentine's Massacre. :lol:

Guest LooneyTune
Ryan Shamrock slapping Ken Shamrock at (I think it was) St Valentine's Massacre. :lol:

Ken Shamrock: SLAP ME!

Kinda gave it away... unless you meant the angle itself, then yeah, that was quite obvious too.

Yeah, alot of WWF turns and big surprises such as...

Jericho's debut

Stephanie turning on Vince at Armageddon 99

Austin's turn at Invasion

Kurt Angle's turn at Survivor Series 2001

Jericho winning the Undisputed Title

Vince being the higher power

Bischoff's WWF debut

Ric Flair's WWF return

Okay, here is the question though, which of all of the ones you mentioned were not "surprising" because you've read rumblings to the effect that they would become on the internet

And also, which ones had the announcer acting the most shocked even though most people were NOT SHOCKED!

I'd go with HHH Turning on HBK as one that ranks up there with Ross's reaction.

I swear Face Play-By-Play men have to have the most gulible characters ever!

Steve