TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest sek69

Wal-Mart to Canada Store: Fuck you and your Union

Women and black workers with a union make 30 percent more, and Latino union workers make 45 percent more.

Stats please.

http://www.bls.gov/cps/cpsaat41.pdf

Anecdotes are cool and all. But I can't argue with your own personal experiences, AoO and MikeSC. If that's what you guys have seen, then you're probably gonna feel that way.

The statistics show that unions help workers--better pay and better benefits on average. The World Bank even said so, and they're hardly left-wing. I'm not saying that they don't definitely have their warts, though.

I'd like to see if this includes such unions as the Screen Actor's Guild and the like that would ridiculously skew the numbers.

-=Mike

But are there not also non-union workers who make shitloads of money?

Guest Salacious Crumb
Not to the extent of, say, athletes or movie actors.

-=Mike

CEOs?

You're only getting into the 200-400k range for a lot of CEOs.

And I'd better not offer thoughts about the NHL labor dispute, since I don't have a sports management degree.

I'm shocked you haven't done that yet, since you are a fairly big hockey fan.

And I'd better not offer thoughts about the NHL labor dispute, since I don't have a sports management degree.

BigObCanuck.jpg

But I can't, you see. Will would yell at me because I didn't triple major in Business Ethics, Sports Management, and Labor Relations...

Seriously, though, I'm not the hockey fan I used to be. I still tune into the playoffs, but I used to go to about 20 games a year. On the occasions I can score free tickets to a game, I go, but that's about it -- the NHL is absurdly expensive. And on the lockout issue, I side with the players. No one forced the owners to start and then perpetuate a system built around irresponsible spending.