TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Destination X matches announced tonight at tapings

-NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Diamond Dallas Page

-Ultimate X Match for the World X division title held by AJ Styles as he faces three opponents TBD

-Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy, Falls Count Anywhere in Universal Studios

-Raven vs. Dustin Rhodes in a Bullrope match

Plus the spoilers make it look like they're going towards a Monty Brown and Trytan feud (uggh), and maybe AMW and Team Canada again.

I't imagine that Daniels and Skipper will be 2 of the 3 other guys in Ultimate X. It'll be cool to see them go at it (probably after starting out working together)...that should get a crowd reaction.

Of course...I'd much rather they do Styles/Daniels II...

But I guess that could wait.

Plus the spoilers make it look like they're going towards a Monty Brown and Trytan feud (uggh), and maybe AMW and Team Canada again.

I figured they'd do this feud after I saw the vignettes, but I don't think I get it. Monty can't afford to job after being Jarrett's bitch for 2 months and what's the point of pushing the new guy so hard to have him eat a Pounce in his first match. I smell a non-finish, which will go over real well with the PPV buying audience.

Yeah. Not ordering. Here's why:

1. While I mark pretty hard for DDP, he's nothing like he was in 1997/1998 WCW, which is when I first became a fan of his. Hell, he's nothing like he was in 2001 WCW, when he started picking up the pace again. Plus, Jarrett's going over, no doubt.

2. I hate Ultimate X. The gimmick itself is overplayed, and by doing this, TNA admits that they have no other way to make the X-Division interesting, because they can't build up a feud - or continue the Styles/Daniels feud - in four weeks.

3. Abyss is good. Jeff Hardy isn't. Jeff Hardy had a bad match with AJ STYLES, of all people. He's the one man in TNA nobody has had too bad of a match with. No excuse for this match to be here, especially since fans are getting sick of Hardy, and Abyss should be near the main event.

4. Raven vs. Rhodes AGAIN?! Didn't all reports of Against All Odds say that Raven/Rhodes was one of the worst matches they'd (the reviewer) ever seen? So adding a Bullrope, one of the most terrible of gimmick matches, makes it better? Fuck you, Dusty.

5. Brown/Trytan possibility? Well, I'm assuming Trytan is Ryan Wilson...so no. Monte Brown, even though I'm not a fan, deserves a main event run. Otherwise, the fans will not give two fucks about him.

6. Possibly AMW/Team Canada again? Why...has Team Canada not been buried enough with those two overrated, overpushed fucks against them?

I thought this was going to be an all X-Division show. I would have ordered it if it was. Oh well. Another $30 saved up for WrestleMania and NECW it is.

Guest LooneyTune

-NWA World Heavyweight champion Jeff Jarrett vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Depends on how this goes. If DDP goes with his "plan everything in advance" formula it could be good, but of course, it continues to ignore Monty Brown.

-Ultimate X Match for the World X division title held by AJ Styles as he faces three opponents TBD

These matches are getting less and less special since TNA uses them so damn much.

The previous match was OK apparently, so why not say "fuck the fans" and book the exact same match with almost the exact same rules minus a ladder?

-Raven vs. Dustin Rhodes in a Bullrope match

...See the above match, except this one sucked last time.

Now then, the really important question:

If they happen to fight all the way out to the Univeral Studios in Hollywood, will those falls count?

After all, the rules don't state WHICH Universal Studios.

ACK, this is the second month in a row I'm let down by the initial lineup for the ppv upcoming.

I saw DDP v. Jarrett on a wall and I think this will lead to a title change since even Jarrett and Rhodes know he is not getting the right kind of heat right now and needs the title off NOW. While I'm ok with it (just because its off JJ), it should fucking be Monty Brown, but Rhodes doesnt think he's ready yet (Jarrett actually wanted to give the belt to Brown before the booking plans changed when Rhodes came in). He sure as shit better be the next champ after Page though, or in the least the next babyface champ after Page. The thing that irks me about this is that this, once again, is not going to draw the casual fans they seemingly want to grab at. They dont get it - these main events with Jarrett-Nash and DDP were main events in the shitstage of WCW! I'm just waiting for them to sign up Scott Steiner or Sting here to face Jarrett next in more WCW rehashness.

I think they are going way too fast again with Ultimate X. Big mistake and I'm sure it will turn out solid (they work hard to try to one up each match against the previous one) but I just dont see the point to rush this. They'd be better off doing a new innovative X division match concept or something here.

I can partly see why they are doing Abyss-Hardy and Raven-Rhodes in gimmick matches, to hopefully make up for the crap last ppv, but this just isnt the place and time to do it. This should be nothing but X division except a tag title match and world title match. PERIOD

It sounds like this will just be another TNA ppv with a little bit of everything with no emphasis on the X division. BIG MISTAKE.

Guest LooneyTune

Sting/Jarrett has happend twice on the weekly PPV's, and really didn't do anything. I'm sure the first time Sting appeared (1 Year Anniversary vs. Styles/Syxx-Pac) got a little boost in buys, but otherwise, eh.

They NEED to fight into Dr. Seuss-land. Need to.

BTW, not ordering this show (continuing the streak~). Might have if it was the rumored one night X Division tourney - not this crap, though.

I can usually count on Laz to say what I'm thinking, and he did. But here's one thing that nobody's mentioned yet: I thought the winner of the Abyss/Hardy match was to get a shot at the WORLD TITLE on Impact. I didn't see Abyss get his match in the spoilers, but even if he does, they're telling us with this lineup that there's NO WAY for him to win it. Jarrett is slated to face Page, and Abyss is continuing his fued with Hardy, with no mention of the title shot, or at least no mention that Abyss has any sort of chance to win the title. That's bullshit.

I can usually count on Laz to say what I'm thinking, and he did. But here's one thing that nobody's mentioned yet: I thought the winner of the Abyss/Hardy match was to get a shot at the WORLD TITLE on Impact. I didn't see Abyss get his match in the spoilers, but even if he does, they're telling us with this lineup that there's NO WAY for him to win it. Jarrett is slated to face Page, and Abyss is continuing his fued with Hardy, with no mention of the title shot, or at least no mention that Abyss has any sort of chance to win the title. That's bullshit.

Actually, the contract Abyss has is for a FUTURE WHC match... it doesn't say when he gets the shot, just that he'll get the shot.

My bet: If Page beats JJJ, he faces Abyss.

Guest LooneyTune

I hate how TNA is stealing the WCW "Title Shot at an indetermined time" rule, which 9 of 10 times means it isn't going to happen. There is a chance though, so I won't rule it out yet.

Why not another X-Cup instead of Ultimate-X?

Because TNA believes that Ultimate X is their best chance to draw interest in the X-Division, when all they really need to do is put some thought into its booking instead of just throwing a few small guys out there and saying "hit your highspots and then go home."

The Daniels/Styles feud is off to a very good start. If they use the Ultimate X to further it and have it lead to a logical rematch, I'll be happy. If they want me to buy this show, however, they need to do the following:

1) Set up the qualifying matches for the Ultimate X ON DESTINATION X. Daniels vs. Sabin, Skipper vs. Shane , Williams vs. Shark Boy.

2) Don't add anything else. 3 junior undercard matches, Raven v. Rhodes, X-Pac vs. Gunn, Jarrett vs. Page, Hardy-Abyss, Tag Titles, Ultimate X. That's 9 matches and some will be short.

If they did this, I'd have a bunch of matches to look forward to, and a bunch of different styles to watch. Jarrett and Page will have the exact same *** level match they had at Spring Stampede in 2000. I can deal with that. The two other "major" matches look like total shit, and I blame Dusty for that entirely.

Guest MikeSC
Why not another X-Cup instead of Ultimate-X?

Honestly, they beat that horse as badly as the WWE has beaten ladder matches into the ground.

-=Mike

I dont get why TNA doesnt come up with another inventive gimmick for X division guys to shine in - is it that much to ask? Hell, I think even doing a double elimination 4 way match (like the first match they did in 2002 to crown the first X title champ) would be better than bringing back Ultimate X again. If they wanted to make it a little more unique, do what that junior league that Bischoff was helping run in Canada, Mat-rats or whatever it was called, did - have springboards at each cornerpost/top turnbuckle for them to do some ridiculous high spots off of. Call it the "X Factor" match or something.....

Because when a concept gets hot, wrestling bookers tend to use it over and over again, because it's hot and it saves them having to come up with something else. They also keep going back to it if they want to try and spark business. The problem is they never know when to stop, and they eventually use the gimmick so much that it winds up meaning nothing.

It's not the first time Dusty has driven a gimmick into the ground.

Guest MikeSC
Because when a concept gets hot, wrestling bookers tend to use it over and over again, because it's hot and it saves them having to come up with something else. They also keep going back to it if they want to try and spark business. The problem is they never know when to stop, and they eventually use the gimmick so much that it winds up meaning nothing.

I'm still waiting for Dusty to book himself as World Champ.

-=Mike

It was more of a rhetorical question I has asked, but yeah I agree.

Because when a concept gets hot,  wrestling bookers tend to use it over and over again, because it's hot and it saves them having to come up with something else. They also keep going back to it if they want to try and spark business. The problem is they never know when to stop, and they eventually use the gimmick so much that it winds up meaning nothing.

-=Mike

He'll live that dream through Dustin. We all know Dusty is going to push for it at some point.

Guest MikeSC
Because when a concept gets hot,  wrestling bookers tend to use it over and over again, because it's hot and it saves them having to come up with something else. They also keep going back to it if they want to try and spark business. The problem is they never know when to stop, and they eventually use the gimmick so much that it winds up meaning nothing.

-=Mike

He'll live that dream through Dustin. We all know Dusty is going to push for it at some point.

Jesus, you're right.

Sad, because when he's not Goldust, Dustin is one boring mutha.

-=Mike