TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

Destination X matches announced tonight at tapings

Guest LooneyTune
Kevin Nash vs. Billy Gunn no DQ added to DX on Impact today.

Oz vs. Rockabilly... when both were far past their primes. Order now with your hard earned $30!

What name are they calling the ex-Billy Gunn? since WWE still has the name trademarked, TNA can't use it (legally).

Yyyeeeesh, this card's booking smells strongly of something. *Sniff* Paul Heyman? Cornette? *Sniff*, Hmm, seems impossible, but it smells WORSE than Cornette. (Rimshot) OK, it smells like some guy. Vince. Not McMahon. This guy's name sounds familiar, but can't bring myself to say it. Russell? Oh yeah, it's...

Guest LooneyTune

Dusty Rhodes has the power, not Vince Russo. It's been well documented over the last few months that Rhodes has been making some significant booking changes, and the usage of the wrestlers (come on, let Gilberti gone). Russo has been gone for quite some time now.

Regardless, Dusty is the wrong man for the job, considering he doesn't want any younger talent really showing up the old guys that have no fucking future in the business.

Guest LooneyTune

I'm actually thinking Vince Russo would be a better choice than Dusty Rhodes. At least in WCW, Russo usually was pushing for the younger guys and was phasing out the older ones.

Guest MikeSC
I'm actually thinking Vince Russo would be a better choice than Dusty Rhodes. At least in WCW, Russo usually was pushing for the younger guys and was phasing out the older ones.

I'm thinking NEITHER guy is a good choice.

Why do people keep wanting to recycle guys who tanked repeatedly in the past?

-=Mike

Guest LooneyTune

Vince Russo hasn't had a chance with the book with the monthly 3 hour shows... in TNA. And it wouldn't hurt to try him again.

Honestly, who else would TNA bring in as a head booker/whatever the title of the week is?

Guest MikeSC
Vince Russo hasn't had a chance with the book with the monthly 3 hour shows... in TNA. And it wouldn't hurt to try him again.

Honestly, who else would TNA bring in as a head booker/whatever the title of the week is?

Somebody totally different. Russo has NEVER been a solid writer. You're never going to succeed if you keep trying to beat the same dead horse that you've beaten for years. If Russo can't book a 2 hour show coherently, I doubt a 3 hour show will be any better.

-=Mike

Guest LooneyTune

Not that I'm a fan of Russo, but the best shows from TNA were from the tailend of 2002 through the early Summer of 2003, right around when Russo had power, and before Dutch Mantell turned the show to shit. When the stars are aligned correctly, he can book some good shows.

No one has mentioned yet that Ron The Truth Killings won a qualifying match on iMPACT! to get into the X division challenge thing on the PPV. Trying the Truth in the X Division is interesting. At least it gives him something to do.

By the way, the X division deal on the PPV will be a 3 part thing:

-First a tag team match with all 4 competitors, losing fall gets eliminated.

-Remaining 3 will fight a triple threat match, loser gets eleiminated

-Final 2 face off for the title in the Ultimate X.

Never done an Ultimate X with just 2 people before so it should be an interesting challenge. So there you go, it will be 3 X division themed matches on the show. With Styles, Daniels and Killings as locks and either Sabin, Williams or Skipper as the final participant.

Furthermore DDP vs. Jarrett for the title which WILL be the title change, I mean it just has to be. In fact, if they're smart, they continue the mentor deal with DDP and Brown and lead up to a title match between the 2 in a month or 2 and do the switch to Brown they should have done a while ago, like a passing of the torch deal.

I don't get Brown vs. Trytan either since neither one can afford a job, but if one does, Trytan better feel the POUNCEEEEEE. Period.

So...here's your card, likely with one or 2 more matches added...

NWA Title: Jeff Jarrett vs. DDP

X Title, Ultimate X Challenge: Styles, Daniels, Killings, ?

*Tag Team Match

*Triple Threat Match

*Ultimate X Finals

Falls Count Anywhere: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy

No DQ: Kevin Nash vs. New Age Outlaw

Bullshit....errBullrope match: Dustin Rhodes vs. Raven

Monty Brown vs. Trytan

Trinity/Tracy Tag Team Challenge: Phi Delta Slam vs. DOA

I don't know, the card seems at least as good, maybe better then last month's show, although I agree doing another 8 man, 7 match X cup deal, with say a Jarrett/Outlaw/Roode/Young vs. DDP/Nash/Waltman/Brown big ass tag and then the the bullrope and falls count anywhere rematches would be a more attractive card, but Dusty just does not believe in the drawing power of the X division...at least one attribute Jarrett had over him...

Guest MikeSC
Not that I'm a fan of Russo, but the best shows from TNA were from the tailend of 2002 through the early Summer of 2003, right around when Russo had power, and before Dutch Mantell turned the show to shit. When the stars are aligned correctly, he can book some good shows.

That was only because of the neato spotfests, much as nobody wishes to admit it. They'd eventually become old and tired --- and then Russo would have REALLY overused them.

-=Mike

...When two options fail, a third option might be a better choice...

Guest MikeSC
Does anyone have Ole Anderson's number ?

Hmm, Ole and Russo joint booking?

That might be fun. :)

-=Mike

Guest LooneyTune
So...here's your card, likely with one or 2 more matches added...

NWA Title: Jeff Jarrett vs. DDP

X Title, Ultimate X Challenge: Styles, Daniels, Killings, ?

*Tag Team Match

*Triple Threat Match

*Ultimate X Finals

Falls Count Anywhere: Abyss vs. Jeff Hardy

No DQ: Kevin Nash vs. New Age Outlaw

Bullshit....errBullrope match: Dustin Rhodes vs. Raven

Monty Brown vs. Trytan

Trinity/Tracy Tag Team Challenge: Phi Delta Slam vs. DOA

I actually think lasts months lineup looked more interesting. (AMW/Canada, Hardy/Abyss, Daniels/Styles all had a hope in hell of being at least good).

Calling this card good makes the baby Jesus cry. Outside of the X-Division Title Match (which we still don't know who will be doing what yet), the card looks like WWE left overs... after the expiration date expired.

Killings in the X-Division I can TOTALLY buy. Why? Because he started his career off (well, "started" isn't the completely right word) as K-Kwik in the WWF, and what was he labeled? A high-flyer. His finish was the 450 Splash, and he does a damn fine one, too. Killings, to me, is the PERFECT choice to have as a World champion or constant contender, because the man can wrestle ANY style given to him, and make the fans love it.

Guest MikeSC
Killings in the X-Division I can TOTALLY buy. Why? Because he started his career off (well, "started" isn't the completely right word) as K-Kwik in the WWF, and what was he labeled? A high-flyer. His finish was the 450 Splash, and he does a damn fine one, too. Killings, to me, is the PERFECT choice to have as a World champion or constant contender, because the man can wrestle ANY style given to him, and make the fans love it.

But why not stick him in the World Title ME scene, where he MIGHT actually draw some money?

-=Mike

...JJ has proven he won't draw. Ever...

By the way, the X division deal on the PPV will be a 3 part thing:

-First a tag team match with all 4 competitors, losing fall gets eliminated.

-Remaining 3 will fight a triple threat match, loser gets eleiminated

-Final 2 face off for the title in the Ultimate X.

So they're expecting these guys to do a spotfest when they're worn out from already having wrestled twice that night? Great move, TNA.