TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deadbolt

What a difference a year makes!

Guest Deadbolt

I was watching SD last night, and something struck me. What a difference a year makes for two of the WWE's most respected and talented superstars. I am talking about Latino Heat Eddie Guerrero and the Crippler Chris Benoit.

This time last year, both men were poised to win heavyweight championships. After somewhat successful title reigns, which saw Eddie become the face of SD and Chris Benoit made technical wrestling fun to watch, they dropped the titles to two new faces in the main event scene. And aside two cameo appearances in the title picture (Armageddon and New Year's REvolution), they have mainly been in the mid card.

In all honesty there is nothing wrong with that. Every superstar should fall to the mid card at some point. Well that is except for one man.... So that is not the idea of this thread. What I want to ask is: who would have thought it would be Chris Benoit in a better spot?

This time last year, Eddie was the face of SD. the most popular man on the show. Since then he has watched as Booker T and now John Cena laid claim to that accolade. On the other Benoit did have his fans yes, and many, but not the same as Eddie.

Now, all indications point to Chris Benoit facing is friend Chris Jericho at WM in what should be a classic match and a dream for all us Canadian fans. Eddie on the other hand looks like he will face Rey Mysterio. Now nothing against Rey, but he is no Jericho. He is not someone that could at anytime main event the entire WWE. Benoit's feud could potentially lead him to another title shot. Eddie's, well probably not.

So what do u think? Who is in a better spot, Eddie or Chris?

Guest bigm350

Probably Benoit. I feel bad for Eddy because he's probably the most popular guy on SD, maybe the whole WWE, and he's treated as enhancement talent.

Guest Fook_Theta

Theoretically Eddie was punished because he couldn't handle the pressure. Benoit and HHH seem to have a good relationship backstage, and Benoit is a "team player." Benoit could be in the WWE main event if the circumstances changed a little bit(HHH in a coke-enduced coma.)

And to think quite a few didn't like the man BATISTA~! a year ago. (I liked him since when he came back by collecting the bounty on Goldberg a year and a half ago)

Batista wasn't very popular here until Wrestlemania when they showed him backstage wearing a suit. Then the whole board fell in love with him.

Guest Stress Truck
And to think quite a few didn't like the man BATISTA~! a year ago.

I think it's kind of amazing that in less than a year, Dave passed Orton in every conceivable category. Not just in the eyes of the smart marks, but the general fans and, even, it seems the company itself.

And Jericho gets to wear his "1,004" tights.

That reminds me, for some reason, I miss Ralphus

(I liked him since when he came back by collecting the bounty on Goldberg a year and a half ago)

Oh yeah? Well I liked him since he was collecting money for D'Von! I marked when he turned on D'Von and threw him through the door.

I say Chris Benoit and Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero and Rey Mysterio at WrestleMania 21, both teams break up mid-match and finish as Chris Benoit and Rey Mysterio vs. Chris Jericho and Eddie Guerrero. Very odd indeed.