TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
starvenger

The Amazing Race 7

I'll be doing the live Amazing Race recap over on Inside Pulse starting tomorrow, so wish me luck.

But for now, my predictions:

11 - Megan and Heidi. Die, hippies.

10 - Susan and Patrick. Can't see this parent/sibling duo going very far

9 - Uchenna and Joyce. I can see myself liking them, but I don't see them lasting too long.

8 - Debbie and Bianca. Once again, we will be disappointed with the chick team leaving early.

7 - Meredith and Gretchen - Taking a risk here, but these two look to be pretty good. Gretchen knows the flight lingo, and that could carry them.

6 - Ron and Kelly. Hey, you were a POW. I still don't have to like you.

5 - Ryan and Chuck. Knowing Portugese could be a huge advantage. And seeing these two reminds me that I still want to go to Cafe Nostra and meet Marshall and Lance

4 - Ray and Deanna. Not-always-dating couples seem to do ok on this show.

3 - Lynn and Alex. All I'm asking for is for these two to be normal guys who happen to be gay. And if that doesn't happen, I hope they're more blatantly gay than Cha Cha Cha. No Chip and Reichen, please.

2 - Romber. I'm thinking that, being fans of the show, they should know what's coming. Amber will surprise us, and Rob will do his best, as we saw during ASS.

1 - Brian and Greg. Not knowing how the Race works could be their downfall. Then again, they seem like they could go all the way, so they're my pick to win.

I can never tell just by looking at the previews. Hell, I thought Lena and Kristy were going to win the last race...you never can tell when you're going to run into two hundred bales of hay.

I have this strange feeling that Rob and Amber get eliminated first. Amazing Race plays WWF to Survivors WCW :)

Well, Allison and Donny finished 10th in TAR5, so Romber needs to do at least better than that.

I'm thinking they stick around, if only because they aren't totally useless. Besides, they're a selling point of the show, the producers will probably nudge them in the right direction.

The first leg is always a crapshoot, everyone is excited and freaking out and generally going way too fast. I think this is where Rob and Amber could do well, as they're somewhat used to a high pressure challenge or two.

I think that in the early stages, all you want to do is not finish last and stay with the pack. So as long as you keep mistakes to a minimum, you should be ok.

Lessons from previous first legs:

- Keep less athletic teams in your sight at all times, even if you don't think you're going in the right direction. (Avi & Joe, TAR 6)

- Don't go too fast and miss the clue box. (multiple teams, TAR 5)

- Don't show up out of shape. (Debra & Steve, TAR 4)

- Don't waste a Fast Forward on the first leg. (Monica & Sheree, TAR 4; Rob & Brennan, TAR 1)

- Keep an eye on your knapsack at all times. (Derek & Drew, TAR 3)

- Don't be an ass and tell another team you're going to kick their asses all around the world. (Tara & Weasel...er, Wil, TAR 2)

- Don't forget that you actually still need to race. (Paul & Amie, TAR 1)

USA Today's TV Critic acted like he had seen the first episode and said that Rob and Amber's "celebrity" led to strangers being more willing to help them out than the other teams.

Man, I hope they get eliminated quickly.

Let's be fair, Victoria had juggage going on as well.

Anyways, the short answer is probably no. There is some potential with the non-hippie blondes, and Amber isn't exactly bad looking.

I'll have to see if I can pull "double duty" posting here and on Inside Pulse.

USA Today's TV Critic acted like he had seen the first episode and said that Rob and Amber's "celebrity" led to strangers being more willing to help them out than the other teams.

I think TV Guide mentions that there is some animosity towards Romber (probably Rob more than Amber) in this ep.

Lessons from previous first legs:

- Keep less athletic teams in your sight at all times, even if you don't think you're going in the right direction. (Avi & Joe, TAR 6)

- Don't go too fast and miss the clue box. (multiple teams, TAR 5)

- Don't show up out of shape. (Debra & Steve, TAR 4)

- Don't waste a Fast Forward on the first leg. (Monica & Sheree, TAR 4; Rob & Brennan, TAR 1)

- Keep an eye on your knapsack at all times. (Derek & Drew, TAR 3)

- Don't be an ass and tell another team you're going to kick their asses all around the world. (Tara & Weasel...er, Wil, TAR 2)

- Don't forget that you actually still need to race. (Paul & Amie, TAR 1)

Dont forget the Ultimate #1 rule to end all rules..

Dont piss off a foreign cab driver.

It's hilarious how Rob keeps saying "us" and "we" when it comes to "winning" survivor. Amber looks kinda annoyed. And hot.

I hope she isn't, seeing as he carried her to victory in Survivor. I'm sure she has a prenup anyways.