TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
res37618

Looking ahead to SummerSlam in D.C. . . .

I know that I'll get some die-hard hate posts after this statement, but it just happened to dawn on me this morning that SummerSlam could be shaping up this way (assuming that WWE has the foresight to even book that far ahead, I'm doubting it :P ). . . .

Is it possible that:

A) Batista walks out of WM21 as the World Heavyweight Champ (or Backlash at the latest)

AND

B) Muhammad Hassan continues to improve (I know, he's still a little green, but so is Batista at times), continues to gain heat, becoming a credible heel main eventer

SummerSlam is in Washington, D.C. - is it remotely possible that they're building to Batista/Hassan for the title this August? It's entirely within the WWE's realm of booking to let the Arab-American heel win the title from Batista in his hometown, also the nation's capital . . . with the controversy that Hassan is already creating, it would be a definite eye-opener, to be sure. I'm sure that mainstream coverage would abound, depending on how the title victory is handled by WWE.

Or am I just an insane, crazy person with too much time on his hands?

Discuss!

Yeah right, HHH not to main event a major ppv where its not involving the title? This will be the start or the middle of HHH's 11th reign of champion most likely.

Yeah right, HHH not to main event a major ppv where its not involving the title? This will be the start or the middle of HHH's 11th reign of champion most likely.

Uh, he didn't main event last year's SummerSlam . . . it's entirely possible.

I really think HHH will step down from the World Title for a while to let others have a run with it. Hassan/Batista would be fine in my book because I like Hassan and I think if he's more experienced he can put on good matches (better then Cena for sure). Also, Hassan has the mic skills to be a main eventer, I just don't know if the WWE is willing to take Hassan so far. I can see Hassan with the World Title... :cheers:

I really think HHH will step down from the World Title for a while to let others have a run with it. Hassan/Batista would be fine in my book because I like Hassan and I think if he's more experienced he can put on good matches (better then Cena for sure). Also, Hassan has the mic skills to be a main eventer, I just don't know if the WWE is willing to take Hassan so far. I can see Hassan with the World Title... :cheers:

Agreed, you can say what you want about his wrestling ability at this point, but the man gives a damned good promo, and I really feel he's got potential to "break out" very soon - I think he's got more potential than Cena, and it's pretty obvious that Cena is getting ready for his first WWE title. I too feel that HHH may step away from the title picture for a while, and I think he can have quality feuds with others on the roster . . . and it's not entirely out of the question that he could go to SmackDown and take the title from Cena, althought unlikely).

I could definitely see Hassan as a credible heel World Champ by the time SummerSlam rolls around. What he does at WrestleMania and Backlash will be a telling sign as to WWE's plan for him.

If they do go through with Hassan/Hogan at WrestleMania then Hassan should beat him, it would help his career SOOOO much. Hassan has a lot of potential, but just because he messed up a spot on RAW and isn't putting on damn good matches (yet) he isn't main event quality? Come on, it's all about charisma these days and Hassan can cut one of the best promo's in the WWE. He's got A LOT of heat. Why not push him to the World Title? Just give it a shot. I know he will succeed.

QUOTE (Scroby @ Mar 4 2005, 10:10 AM)

True but was he not involved?.....Let me just point out I forget the ending to Orton vs Beniot, it wasn't a clean finish was it?

This gimmick is a waste on Hassan. It's a cheap heat gimmick for a man who is capable of cutting a decent promo. As for his in-ring ability, like I've said before, green he may be but his psychology is nearly there - all he needs to do is actually USE the Camel Clutch that all his back work builds to.

QUOTE (Scroby @ Mar 4 2005, 10:10 AM)

True but was he not involved?.....Let me just point out I forget the ending to Orton vs Beniot, it wasn't a clean finish was it?

Completely clean finish - no HHH anywhere in sight, until RAW the next night when he shit-kicked Orton.

This gimmick is a waste on Hassan. It's a cheap heat gimmick for a man who is capable of cutting a decent promo.

A decent promo? He's just new and now he's already capable of making the crowd totally HATE him. Chris Masters wishes he could do that, Hassan owns Masters in every way. Maybe the gimmick is a waste because you can't really go far with it. I think Hassan could have been the next Rock if he was a Face. It will eventually become stale and boring if they continue doing the things there are doing now with Hassan. But the Iron Shiek was a main eventer for a long time too right? And Hassan is better then Shiek in the ring and on the mic so why can't Hassan be a main eventer? And RAW needs a good heel Main Eventer, so why not give Hassan a shot instead of wasting time on pushing Masters who is like a failed Rick Rude version 10203934.

Unless Hassan improves really really fast in the next five months, fans won't buy him in the main event. Yeah, you don't have to be a World Class worker to headline, but you can't be as green as Hassan is either. For the length of match WWE has in the main events, he can't cut it.

Guest BrokenWings

Wrestling has changed drastically since The Iron Sheik was champion.

Unless Hassan improves really really fast in the next five months, fans won't buy him in the main event. Yeah, you don't have to be a World Class worker to headline, but you can't be as green as Hassan is either. For the length of match WWE has in the main events, he can't cut it.

And JBL can? IMO Hassan is better then JBL in the ring. I'm sure Hassan will improve, just like Batista did.

And JBL can? IMO Hassan is better then JBL in the ring. I'm sure Hassan will improve, just like Batista did.

I'm not the biggest JBL fan in the world, but to say that Hassan is better in the ring than JBL is beyond absurd. At least JBL doesn't blow irish whips, and can be booked around. And Hassan probably will improve, but he'd have to improve a hell of a lot just to be average.

If they do go through with Hassan/Hogan at WrestleMania then Hassan should beat him, it would help his career SOOOO much. Hassan has a lot of potential, but just because he messed up a spot on RAW and isn't putting on damn good matches (yet) he isn't main event quality? Come on, it's all about charisma these days and Hassan can cut one of the best promo's in the WWE. He's got A LOT of heat. Why not push him to the World Title? Just give it a shot. I know he will succeed.

Not to pull the thread off-topic, but you have another thread arguing that Cena isn't worthy of a ME push, yet you say all this about Hassan?

I'm in no way saying that Hassan is ready for a main event run right this minute - but, a lot can change in 5 months and it's entirely feasible that given the location of the event, the nature of Hassan's character, and who may be champ at that time, Batista/Hassan COULD be the main event of SummerSlam. It may not be, either - he could just as easily get jobbed out between now and then. It's just a thought provoking question, that's all, given the nature of WWE booking and such.

Damn, ya'll get riled up really easily, don'tcha?

When a guy can blow something as simple as an irish whip, it doesn't bode well for his chances at improving enough to where he can carry his end of the main event of WWE's second biggest PPV of the year. Not to mention that Hassan's anti-USA stance would require Batista to be a strong patriot type in order to play off of the Hassan persona, which isn't what his badass persona should be.

Damn, you get defensive when a bad idea gets shot down, don'tcha ?

Blowing a basic move on national television isn't going to endear him to management. Maybe if he was a juiced up 300lb musclehead like Masters, it'd get overlooked. Not to mention he blew the finish, and I don't even know how he did that, considering it should have been obvious that he had the bell too far across to his right.

When a guy can blow something as simple as an irish whip, it doesn't bode well for his chances at improving enough to where he can carry his end of the main event of WWE's second biggest PPV of the year. Not to mention that Hassan's anti-USA stance would require Batista to be a strong patriot type in order to play off of the Hassan persona, which isn't what his badass persona should be.

Again, I'm not saying I WANT to see Hassan/Batista - nowhere in my question did I say "Damn, that's gonna be the best match - they should do it!" - I was simply posing a question based on where the show is, and who may be involved. And forgive me for thinking Hassan may have a glimmer of potential . . . heaven forbid we think well of anyone not named Benoit or London on this board.

I'm pretty sure Hunter's Torn Quad thinks I'm a retard anyway, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised or upset that I can't make a little joke without him trying to rip me a new asshole.

I guess it's not appropriate to engage in conversation on here, and make people actually think. It's better to just come on here and call HHH, JBL, and Cena worthless, and praise the likes of Benoit and Paul London simply because everyone else does it.

Just trying to start an interesting post, that's all. Guess that's not appreciated on THIS board, huh?

I guess it's not appropriate to engage in conversation on here, and make people actually think.  It's better to just come on here and call HHH, JBL, and Cena worthless, and praise the likes of Benoit and Paul London simply because everyone else does it.

People did think. They generally thought it was a bad idea, and gave some good reasons why it would be a bad idea. If you think you can counter their points, feel free to do so. Failing that, you could moan some more.

Just trying to start an interesting post, that's all.  Guess that's not appreciated on THIS board, huh?

Instead of pissing and moaning about the responses you get, how about responding the points made as to why this idea would not work ? Why not elaborate on how the pro-USA stance needed to play off of the Hassan character would fit into Batista's current badass persona ? Or you could explain why Hunter wouldn't be involved in the main event ? Maybe even add some real background to the Hassan v Batista match ?

I guess it's not appropriate to engage in conversation on here, and make people actually think. It's better to just come on here and call HHH, JBL, and Cena worthless, and praise the likes of Benoit and Paul London simply because everyone else does it.

Just trying to start an interesting post, that's all. Guess that's not appreciated on THIS board, huh?

I guess it's not appropriate to engage in conversation on here, and make people actually think.  It's better to just come on here and call HHH, JBL, and Cena worthless, and praise the likes of Benoit and Paul London simply because everyone else does it.

People did think. They generally thought it was a bad idea, and gave some good reasons why it would be a bad idea. If you think you can counter their points, feel free to do so. Failing that, you could moan some more.

Just trying to start an interesting post, that's all.  Guess that's not appreciated on THIS board, huh?

Instead of pissing and moaning about the responses you get, how about responding the points made as to why this idea would not work ? Why not elaborate on how the pro-USA stance needed to play off of the Hassan character would fit into Batista's current badass persona ? Or you could explain why Hunter wouldn't be involved in the main event ? Maybe even add some real background to the Hassan v Batista match ?

OK, I can go along with that . . . .

Agreed, in all likelihood, it's a bad idea, and something that probably won't happen. Hassan IS still green, and yes, things like blown Irish Whips don't necessarily look very good in front of a national TV audience, or a house show crowd that's dwindling as it is . . . . all I'm saying is that it's entirely within the realm of possibility that Hassan can be groomed and, with some extra work in the ring, be ready for some sort of push beyond wrestling Lawler and Sgt. Slaughter. Hell, they let him beat Jericho, so they're obviously trying to give him some sort of running chance out of the gate, as well as really pushing the "he's yet to be pinned or submit on RAW" statement that's started getting made every week.

But, there doesn't have to be a "pro-USA" Batista involved in order for the match to happen. All he's gotta do is piss Batista off. With Batista playing this "badass, I'll beat anyone's head through their asshole" persona, it could be something as simple as Hassan being in the wrong place at the wrong time, spouting off something stupid about Batista, or some sort of other nonsense. It's not like WWE has ever needed a fantastic reason to start feuds - hell, HHH and Kane feuded over having sex with a corpse. I'm looking at it from more of a "is it possible?" standpoint of, Batista, from DC - Hassan, anti-American - SummerSlam, IN DC. Something other than the same old "yeah, HHH is gonna get the belt back from Batista that night." As for Hunter's role, it remains to be seen who he could feud with in place of being in the main event, if anyone. THAT's what makes this scenario unlikely, I'll admit, but it's always fun to wonder "what if?" That's all I was trying to do, and I'm sorry if I came off as defensive or an asshole about it. Seems like every time I start a post, this happens. Guess I need to think them out a little better.

If they keep up the "never been pinned or made to submit" thing up for long enough, I could see them, if all other factors work out, putting Batista against Hassan, with Batista vowing to "not bother with pinning or submitting you; I'm going to knock you out."

As I said earlier, I don't see the pro-USA angle needed for this match playing well with Batista's badass persona. It doesn't make a badass seem like a badass to get all patriotic, and start waving Old Glory.

Batista v Hassan at SummerSlam ? No. I see it as 'B' Level PPV main event. I think Summerslam will be Batista v Hunter II/III, with Batista getting the win in front of his home town.

Guest Salacious Crumb

You guys are kidding yourselves if you think Triple H won't be the champion for WMXXII.

As far as Hassan, he'll still be stuck in the mid-card by the time Summerslam comes around. They can't even bother to elevate Edge to a serious heel, there's no way they'll resist cutting Hassan off at the knees like everyone else the last few years.

I'd say Summerslam is Batista vs. HHH II or III or maybe Batista vs. Edge but I imagine he'll be stuck with Jericho and Benoit in limbo by then. Are there even any other heels that he can face on PPV aside from HHH?