TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CanadianChris

Championship Week

You really think they could get a 2 seed in the NCAA tourney over Kansas and OSU?

What was there seed the years they went to the Final Four and Elite 8?

They wouldn't be over either one of those teams. Kansas should still be a 1 or 2 seed, given that everyone else lost this weekend as well, and OK State is still a solid 2 seed. They've pretty much locked up a 3 at this point and can only improve.

Looks like Rider-Canisus in the MAAC finals tomorrow night.

Actually, it looks like Rider-Niagara in the finals. I really hope the Purple Eagles pull this one out. I just can't cheer for a team named Rider in the NCAA's.

Looks like Rider-Canisus in the MAAC finals tomorrow night.

Actually, it looks like Rider-Niagara in the finals. I really hope the Purple Eagles pull this one out. I just can't cheer for a team named Rider in the NCAA's.

I meant Niagara/ I don't know why I was thinking Canisus...

Illinois fell 1 point shy of a perfect regular season. ONE POINT. Fucking hell...

Ah well... I still hold out hope for an Illinois vs. Wake Forest title game. That would truly be a dream come true.

Guest spidyfan77

Oh God, S. Illinois lost? Didn't see that one coming.

Jesus, Patrick Sparks is the most uneven basketball player I have ever seen. He basically won UK that Bama game last week and today he absolutely fucking sucked and cost them the FL game. I mean what the hell was he doing taking a 3 when they were up 4 with like 2 mins left? And then FOULING for a 3 pt. play?? Then being blocked by Roberson and fouling him too? This guy is a walking disaster some days, but other times a brilliant shooter.

U of L: one of the few survivors in the top 10 this week. Along with UNC...Wake is pending.

It doesn't matter too much if Southern Illinois loses, just as long as SMS, who beat them loses in the finals to either WS/Creighton b/c both of those teams are projected in right now. GW is still hanging in there and we have a realllly good side of the A10 bracket to at least make it to the finals.

NCState ALMOST did it! But Chris Paul showed why he is the man at the end of the game! That was awesome.

I still can't believe that OU is the Big XII champion. Ok co-champion but we beat those fools from Kansas. That's our first Big XII regular season title since 89. Crazy. That's two Big XII titles. Awesome. But they haven't mentioned it anywhere on ESPN! :(

Ok, you all know where the teams are seeded for the conference tournaments, but now it's time to find out where they're ranked in Iggy's weekly Top 25:

1. Illinois 29-1

2. North Carolina 26-3

3. Wake Forest 26-4

4. Duke 22-5

5. Boston College 24-3

6. Kentucky 23-4

7. Kansas 22-5

8. Connecticut 21-6

9. Oklahoma 23-6

10. Oklahoma State 21-6

11. Villanova 21-6

12. Washington 24-5

13. Louisville 26-4

14. Pittsburgh 20-7

15. Michigan State 22-5

16. Gonzaga 24-4

17. Syracuse 24-6

18. Arizona 25-5

19. Pacific 25-2

20. Wisconsin 20-7

21. Alabama 23-6

22. Utah 25-4

23. Florida 20-7

24. Texas 20-9

25. Cincinnatti 24-6

Tonight's championship games:

Colonial: (1) Old Dominion vs. (2) VCU, 7:00 ET

Metro Atlantic: (1) Niagara vs. (2) Rider, 9:00 ET

Missouri Valley: (3) Creighton vs. (5) Southwest Missouri State, 9:05 ET

West Coast: (1) Gonzaga vs. (2) St. Mary's, midnight ET

Jesus, Patrick Sparks is the most uneven basketball player I have ever seen. He basically won UK that Bama game last week and today he absolutely fucking sucked and cost them the FL game. I mean what the hell was he doing taking a 3 when they were up 4 with like 2 mins left? And then FOULING for a 3 pt. play?? Then being blocked by Roberson and fouling him too? This guy is a walking disaster some days, but other times a brilliant shooter.

That was an ugly, ugly, ugly game. That's all I can say.

Sparks is great when he's open. You put a defender on him and he can fall apart. Back in high school, around 2001 I believe, Chris Gaither shut down Sparks in the region tournament, which helped my high school win the tournment. Now Gaither left Temple after one year to play NAIA ball at Georgetown while Sparks is starting for one of the most respected teams in the NCAA. Go figure.

Yeah Paul took a groin shot at Julius Hodge, heard mention of a possible suspension.

It's kinda funny but U of L is really the only top 10 team this week that didn't have a near death experience, heh. I guess the DePaul game was kinda close but we were up 7 late in that one. Despite being 26-4 and 14-2 in Conf. play we're still getting little respect.

UK meanwhile has to be the weakest 23-4 team I have ever seen...they simply struggle too much on offense. Some days they can get 80+ points but then you saw yesterday.

Let's not even forget that JJ Reddick plays in the same conference as Shawn May and

Chris Paul. He's not even the player of the year in his own conference let alone the entire country. Vitale has problems with this Duke love.

I get yelled at work whenever I cheer OU. Even though I work for OU media I'm still supposed to be objective and not have a favorite.

Of course I am objective in my writing but it doesn't extend to this messageboard or talking with my friends.

However Dick Vitale is just totally bias in his writing and commentating. It's a disgrace!

I remember last year when everyone knew UConn was going to beat Duke and he was like "I give the slightest of edge....SLIGHTEST OF EDGE to UConn!" And you knew he was wanting to just scream "DUKE BABY!!!! YEAH!"

Let's not even forget that JJ Reddick plays in the same conference as Shawn May and

Chris Paul. He's not even the player of the year in his own conference let alone the entire country. Vitale has problems with this Duke love.

I get yelled at work whenever I cheer OU. Even though I work for OU media I'm still supposed to be objective and not have a favorite.

Of course I am objective in my writing but it doesn't extend to this messageboard or talking with my friends.

However Dick Vitale is just totally bias in his writing and commentating. It's a disgrace!

I remember last year when everyone knew UConn was going to beat Duke and he was like "I give the slightest of edge....SLIGHTEST OF EDGE to UConn!" And you knew he was wanting to just scream "DUKE BABY!!!! YEAH!"

Ok I mentioned it earlier and nobody else said anything but who saw Chris Paul's MAN SIZED shot? That was awesome.

Saw that and his MAN SIZED shot to Hodge's groin , which has earned him a one game suspension

Speaking of which, I have never been bothered by Dickie V's Duke bias until I saw that he has them ranked fourth in his own top 25. No way they are a top four team with that bench of theirs.

Please use paragraphs correctly. And stop pressing ENTER in the middle of a fucking sentence.

Please use paragraphs correctly. And stop pressing ENTER in the middle of a fucking sentence.

Have we given up on the whole bias/biasED thing, then?

Vitale isn't that far off though considering Duke is #5 in the actual polls this week. I absolutely hit the fucking ceiling when I read that. How can you job to someone and go UP in the polls? I can see Duke staying at 6 since everyone lost this week, but you can't move em up. U of L didn't quite pass them in the rankings....just the man trying to keep us down.

Isn't it curious that no one has mentioned U of L as a possible 1 seed while Kansas and Zona are getting hyped for it (hell even UCONN with 6 losses) despite being ranked lower? Fine by me though, I wanna slip in under the radar.