TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest INXS

Disturbing pictures from Over The Edge 99

Indeed, and only the WWE cameras took video of the incident. However, whether that video still exists or not is in question and we will probably never know for sure.

Guest Failed Mascot
Owen died in the ring unofficially. They were trying CPR on him in the back on the way to the ambulance. In the ambulance, efforts were stopped and Owen was pronounced dead.

This is wrong because Owen gave a thumbs-up to the crowd while being stretchered out causing them to clap and mildly pop. My grandfather still has the tape somewhere in his massive dresser of wrestling tapes.

Owen died in the ring unofficially. They were trying CPR on him in the back on the way to the ambulance. In the ambulance, efforts were stopped and Owen was pronounced dead.

This is wrong because Owen gave a thumbs-up to the crowd while being stretchered out causing them to clap and mildly pop. My grandfather still has the tape somewhere in his massive dresser of wrestling tapes.

I don't know about that one.

I don't know about that one.

I think FrigidSoul was being sarcastic.

Or an idiot.

Or a sarcastic idiot.

Guest Failed Mascot

no, he taped it back when he had the hot box. Its not like they just shut the whole PPV off. They panned the crowd and JR discribed what was going on the whole time. When they have him on the stretcher and he's about to be taken through the entrance way to the back the fans stand up and cheer and they show that. Its still from the far away shot. I read an article written by Bret Hart stating that small pop was because Owen gave the thumbs-up. It was the same article that said Owen died of a stroke from a brain aneurysm on the way to the hospital.

many fans of wrestling are still "marks" who because Owen was a "heel" when he died, they think it was deserved.

What. The. Fuck.

Idiot.

Sad fact is its somewhat true. Kids at my school said he deserved it for what he did to Austin a day after it happened.

Wow, that's honestly surprised me, as the business was beginning to open up a bit more then.

I guess me and my mates were relativly smart then for 14/15 year olds.

Guest Failed Mascot

I should have explained he used a VCR. I know most of the people that frequent the top part of the TSM board don't have the knowledge to run one, but my grandfather was quite capable of doing so.

Guest Lawlerm
That's mind boggling to think he survived the initial impact of the fall.

He didn't.

Look at the picture of his arm on the stretcher. Its completely limp and lifeless. Theres no way he could have given a thumbs up.

Guest Failed Mascot

I didn't say they zoomed in to show the thumbs up. From the same camera that did the panning of the arena they showed the finalk seconds of him being taken through the curtain on the gurney. You could see his feet at most and make out Sgt. Slaughter. They did show the fans however standing up and clapping while giving a small pop.

Seriously, some of you people have the brains of wooden posts. I saw it live on TV, I've watched the tape since then (albeit not recently). I know what I saw and remember what I saw. You people can however continue to argue amongst yourselves. I'm not going to bother anymore since its like talking to a brick wall.

WWE never showed Owen on camera after the fall, so it would have been difficult for FS's 'grandfather' to have a tape of Owen giving anyone a thumbs up.

I watched the PPV live and they did not show one iota of Owen after the fall. Anybody who claims to have video is a liar. Vince said they destroyed the footage immediately so no one could see it.

Guest Failed Mascot
Anybody who claims to have video is a liar. Vince said they destroyed the footage immediately so no one could see it.

taehung-vcr.gif

If anyone else here has a copy of OTE, I'd like to hear if they can see this supposed shot.

Yeah, I'd like to see this shot also.

This is rather interesting.

Guest Failed Mascot

I could have sworn remembering seeing his feet and Slaughter. I didn't say they show him stand up on the thing and do the fucking Cha-Cha dance.

Guest Failed Mascot

You may all crucifix me now for being mistaken over seeing a man's feet.

Guest Failed Mascot

Hunter's Torn Quad might want to e-mail Bret now and tell him his brother died from the impact rather than what Bret had typed. We don't want him being mistaken!

no, he taped it back when he had the hot box. Its not like they just shut the whole PPV off. They panned the crowd and JR discribed what was going on the whole time. When they have him on the stretcher and he's about to be taken through the entrance way to the back the fans stand up and cheer and they show that. Its still from the far away shot. I read an article written by Bret Hart stating that small pop was because Owen gave the thumbs-up. It was the same article that said Owen died of a stroke from a brain aneurysm on the way to the hospital.

THIS article? Nooope...

http://www.brethart.com/column/may31.asp

Man, you're a immature moron. MAGICAL VCR!

Guest Failed Mascot
Man, you're a immature moron. MAGICAL VCR!

Actually there's nothing magical about it. All VCRs come with a record function.

Guest INXS

I've got OTE on video tape and i've checked. I couldn't see Owen giving a thumbs up. Or hear a pop from the crowd.

Guest Failed Mascot
I couldn't see Owen giving a thumbs up.

I never said you could see that.