TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dangerous K89

So, I was wondering..

It's rather obvious that Kash is trying to be RVD, mock him, or SOMETHING in TNA. One, let's look at his t-shirt:

kash_LRG.jpg

What the hell. He almost has it down to the same font on his t-shirt, too. Then, there's the whole him doing the Van Terminator in the early TNA days and now his, I believe, constant use of the frog splash (to the point where it's even in one of TNA's main shill videos for Impact or something).

So, why?

RVD is too cool to get mad, while Kash goes nuts if someone looks at him the wrong way. So they both use Ying/Yangs on their shirts, they're characters are like polar oppposites.

Just as Slapnuts! said, the characters are COMPLETELY different. Plus, that whole "hey, Kid Kash is better in the ring than RVD" factor. Maybe not as charismatic, but DEFINITELY an overall better wrestler.

Plus, Kash's somersault Van Terminator OWNS the original Van Terminator.

Just as Slapnuts! said, the characters are COMPLETELY different. Plus, that whole "hey, Kid Kash is better in the ring than RVD" factor. Maybe not as charismatic, but DEFINITELY an overall better wrestler.

I feel the complete opposite, I think Kash is more charismatic and better on the mic, but RVD is a superior worker...Kash tends to get pretty sloppy at times.

Guest LooneyTune

That Sommersault Terminator looks like shit on a 50/50 basis, plus when RVD does it in WWE (the three times he did it) he went from corner to corner no problem, while Kash can barely get the whole distance in a ring that is smaller.

Guest Deadbolt

Absolutely. It's painfully obvious. As for why, it's probably because his old gimmick was made to act/look like Kid Rock but nobody gives a damn about Kid Rock anymore. Plus, TNA probably saw how well RVD's gimmick worked for him and said "We need one of those guys."

I wish they wouldn't make it so obvious that they are stealing RVD's gimmick because Kash does have some talent and potential. I'd hate for his career to be remembered as "that dude who ripped off RVD".

Its no different then Abyss being a Kane clone or Monty Brown as Goldberg.

TNA = WWE-lite

Uh, Abyss > Kane, and Brown >>>>>> Goldberg.

Plus, saying Abyss is a Kane ripoff is just like saying Kane is a Lord Humongous ripoff or something. Not every big masked guy is a ripoff of the previous one.

Brown has tons more charisma than Goldberg. Only similarities is that Brown pummels opponents in quick fashion, something than many big men did en route to making them seem indestructible.

Kash is nothing like RVD, save for what, a few moves? Funny this was mentioned though, since Kash was RVD's protege in the dying days of ECW.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I feel the complete opposite, I think Kash is more charismatic and better on the mic, but RVD is a superior worker...Kash tends to get pretty sloppy at times.

Kash's match with AJ Styles on Impact last week blows anything RVD's done out of the water since 2001.

Absolutely. It's painfully obvious. As for why, it's probably because his old gimmick was made to act/look like Kid Rock but nobody gives a damn about Kid Rock anymore. Plus, TNA probably saw how well RVD's gimmick worked for him and said "We need one of those guys."

I wish they wouldn't make it so obvious that they are stealing RVD's gimmick because Kash does have some talent and potential. I'd hate for his career to be remembered as "that dude who ripped off RVD".

Do you even watch TNA?

Abyss wears a Mankind mask not a hockey mask, is intense like Kane, and has the Big Boss Man trademark slam.

The way the Kid Kash shirt is designed it looks like he is a straight edge RVD fan.

Goldberg's charisma came from his over-the-top entrance with the pryo and the security posse while Monty's charisma comes from a few catch phrases like "DA POUNCE!" and "See-ree-get-ee" and wiping his head on the ropes. They are similiar due to the squash matches and finishers which are basic football tackles.

Guest Deadbolt

That's even an RVD pose he's doing! Blasphemy.

Meh, it's not the first time he's done it. I remember him wearing Jerry Lynn's old tights. He used to have that whole 'Kid Rock' gimmick going on. And wait a second! One of his first ring names was 'David Jericho'!!

Might as well face it. David Cash has approximately zero originality.

what do you mean

I mean do you actually watch TNA? Because if you did, you wouldn't be saying Kash is an RVD ripoff. RVD would do the little arm spot in his face and Kash would slap his face off. They're like polar opposites...

Oh and Kash can cut a promo too. RVD to my knowledge doesn't speak English.

Abyss wears a Mankind mask not a hockey mask, is intense like Kane, and has the Big Boss Man trademark slam.

Sadly, Heidenreich has that same finisher. Kinda takes the lustre out of it in a way.

Oh and Kash can cut a promo too. RVD to my knowledge doesn't speak English.

Actually I think it's Tommy Chong-ese...

Eddie, Chavo, RVD should do a Cheech & Chong gimmick.......then TNA would try to copy it by having Konnan, Kid Kash, Ron Killings do the same thing.

Kash was David Jericho during the mid-90's before Chris Jericho meant anything to anybody. He was also Davey Morton (as he was teaming with trainer Ricky Morton) and Davey Tyler. ECW then played on his numerous names by calling him Davey Morton Tyler Jericho during '96, before turning him heel briefly as an FBI associate "Davey Paisano".

I still fail to see how Kash is an RVD ripoff, and this is coming from someone who likes RVD.

Goldberg's charisma came from his entrance? How exactly do you get charisma from an entrance may I ask? As for the tackle-like finishers, does that mean Goldberg ripped off Jim Duggan, or Edge is trying to be Monty Brown? These arguments REALLY aren't going anywhere people.

Eddie, Chavo, RVD should do a Cheech & Chong gimmick.......then TNA would try to copy it by having Konnan, Kid Kash, Ron Killings do the same thing.

Um, WWE would be copying TNA, that's pretty much 3LiveKrew's gimmick (BG James is the white guy though.

Kash's match with AJ Styles on Impact last week blows anything RVD's done out of the water since 2001.

It blew away RVD-Guerrero? RVD-Christian?

Guest Deadbolt
Kash was David Jericho during the mid-90's before Chris Jericho meant anything to anybody.

Oh I know, I was being sarcastic. Sort of. I mean just cause Jericho wasn't a big name doesn't mean he wasn't well known on the indy circuit, which he was.

People need to realize, despite how Kash or RVD act in the ring or whatever. There is no denying that the Gimmick is trying to be capatalized on by TNA.

No, there is denying, that's complete bullshit! Again, do you watch TNA? If you don't you don't know what you're talking about, if you do, I don't know in which universe.

Kash's gimmick is that of a small, hotheaded, white trash misogynist who cuts angry sometimes worked shoot promos about how he hates everyone getting a push ahead of him, gets pissed off about it, even at fans who cheer him.

RVD's gimmick is that of an atheletic, new age, laid back gymnyst who likes to talk about pot and say "dude", he doesn't get angry because he's too cool for that and likes hearing the fans chant for him.

They both have a similar high spot oriented style but Kash has the fundamentals down way better then RVD and is less dangerous and reckless. Kash cuts way better promos and is a heel. RVD barely speaks and is a face.

So Kash has a Ying Yang on his shirt? Big deal. If your argument is:

"RVD's shirts are popular because they have Ying/Yangs on them, so TNA is copying that idea to sell shirts for Kash". Fine, you'd have an argument.

But the argument of "Kash is TNA's ripoff of RVD" is ludicrous.

People need to realize, despite how Kash or RVD act in the ring or whatever. There is no denying that the Gimmick is trying to be capatalized on by TNA.

That'd be a nice post and all if, you know, RVD HAD A GIMMICK. Other than surfer boy talk and pot references, he doesn't really have a thoroughly defined character.

It's not about JUST a Yin-Yang on his shirt. He has the Yin-Yang, the black dragons and black/yellow font for his name. It's pretty easily mistaken for a RVD shirt if you didn't follow this kind of stuff too closely if it didn't have his name on the front.

Then, like I said, he does the Five Star and did the VanTerminator several times before. It's not about his character. I'm just curious as to why he can't be original.

I never got the Jerry Lynn pants thing either. At least when Chris Candido wore Terry Funk's pants in ECW, he fought Terry Funk while wearing them.