TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GreatWhiteNope

More new DVD info

Like HTQ said, they should have fans vote on who will be in the main event and announce the winner two weeks in advance. They can build a mini-angle and have fans vote on a stipulation for the main event to be announced the night of the show.

The rest of the matches can have similar voting to last year that are given the night of the show.

Jason

I would just have the feud for the main event lined up, and have fans vote on the stipulation.

TT is also a good way to get someone from SD! or have a "loser leaves town" match for someone to head from RAW to SD! without completely pissing on their draft ideas. I could live without another chain match, though.

But wasn't the whole point of Taboo Tuesday that it was unpredictable? If the WWE picks the title contender, it becomes just another PPV.

I think the mistake was that there was no sense that the title might change hands.

The fans vote for the contender, they just announce who won before the PPV, so fans know the main event they are paying for. You'll likely get more buys if people know what they are going to get for their $24.95.

The fans vote for the contender, they just announce who won before the PPV, so fans know the main event they are paying for. You'll likely get more buys if people know what they are going to get for their $34.95.

I like that idea, also.

The fans vote for the contender, they just announce who won before the PPV, so fans know the main event they are paying for. You'll likely get more buys if people know what they are going to get for their $24.95.

And this should hopefully lead to some higher buyrates, assuming the true "most popular" choice won, rather than a rigged ballot where the WWE's choice wins. I wonder if the buyrate would've jumped a little last year if the HHH/HBK title match had been announced the week before, or if Benoit or Edge could've spiked the buys just a little more?

Or, do you think the buyrate would've hovered in the same ballpark because of a) the day of the week for the PPV being shitty, and b) most people believed the title wasn't gonna change regardless of who was in the match?

And this should hopefully lead to some higher buyrates, assuming the true "most popular" choice won, rather than a rigged ballot where the WWE's choice wins. I wonder if the buyrate would've jumped a little last year if the HHH/HBK title match had been announced the week before, or if Benoit or Edge could've spiked the buys just a little more?

Or, do you think the buyrate would've hovered in the same ballpark because of a) the day of the week for the PPV being shitty, and b) most people believed the title wasn't gonna change regardless of who was in the match?

I think a definitive main event would have added some buys, but probably not a great deal, primiarily because nobody would believe that Edge would have beaten Hunter, and because they'd just done Hunter v Shawn in the main event in June, and it was too soon to go back to it again and expect it to spike buys.

It's funny though, because IIRC, Vince WAS gonna have the title change hands @ Taboo Tuesday before Shawn hurt himself.

Guest Shadow

I was always under the impression they wanted to have Benoit win the voting, so Edge could "take" out Shawn in the tag match instead and not have to compromise the main event.

and it would have given HHH his job back, which surprises me to this day that HHH hasn't gone back for his job in a one on one match.

Which will likely happen this upcoming monday, since I believe it was announced this week

I was always under the impression they wanted to have Benoit win the voting, so Edge could "take" out Shawn in the tag match instead and not have to compromise the main event.

and it would have given HHH his job back, which surprises me to this day that HHH hasn't gone back for his job in a one on one match.

Which will likely happen this upcoming monday, since I believe it was announced this week

An all too real fear that I have had since the match was announced (but hey waiting a year to get his job back must be a new record for trips) But besides, it's not like Trips has not beaten Chris before (at least twice on TV/PPV- that being SD Benoits first WWF match and of course No Mercy 2000-which apparantly no longer exists)

as for dvds, hey at least we got some stuff to look forward to. and for the Bret one, you all might be on the wrong track here, just cuz its called Screwed doesnt mean it will be all about montreal, It may just be a main feature on Brets career plus dvd extra matches (like hogans, benoits, eddies dvd) Maybe Bret and Vince will come to a deal where he will be involved with the project somehow and get to tell the story of his life (doubt it somehow)

The Bret Hart "Screwed" DVD HAS to show how badly WCW botched his arrival and tenure there. That just defined the term screwed.

If it's a life story type thing I wonder if Vince will put that Owen stuff in there :huh: This title just doesn't sound like a good idea the more I think about it if they do add his match history on the discs. It will overshadow what he really did and just make him out to be a screwed wrestler in history.