TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black Lushus

Cliches In Videos

Is hair metal relivent enough to still hate? MTV plays like 10 videos a day now, and I'm pretty sure Warrent isn't one of them. I thought it was more for videos you still have to put up with.

I watched MTV for an hour the other morning during their "Rock Block", and EVERY SINGLE band featured all the members dressed the same: slacks, button-down shirt, tie, all in matching colors. The bands also all played the same style of music. Also, whats the deal with all the new band's singers, straining to sing like its all they can do to make a little noise come out of their throats?

Ties: so ironic!

I think that's all the singers CAN do, actually. It's not an act.

Ever watch VH1? It is nothing but 80's metal now with the countless Top 100 lists hosted by Dee Snyder or specials like the Vince Neil make over or When Metal Ruled the World.

In his Comedy Central special, Patton Oswalt mentioned metal bands from the 80s that rocked so hard they could change the physical properties of things, like blasting holes in walls, or transforming crappy cars into sleek sports cars.

According to him, the epitome/moment of shark jumpage for this concept was when Ted Nugent deflected bullets in a Damn Yankees video.

Perhaps I'll reply with thoughts of my own at a later time.

That was a funny special. That had me rotfl

Seemed like for a while every rapper's first video was about growing up tough and poor in the ghetto...and their second video was cruising in Bentley's throwing hundred dollar bills around and dumping booze on stripper's asses.

name one.

Cash Money Millionaires #1 Stunna....

Thier first video was about look at all my money. All of their videos are about look at my money. THE RECORD LABEL IS CASH MONEY RECORDS. what are they supposed to show.

I never understood the phrase "Cash Money Millionaires" ...does that make Snoop a "Pot Weed Millionaire"? Is Micheal Jackson a "Child Touching Molester Millionaire" ... are were Milli Vanilli ".... .... Millionaires"?

It's just an incredibly self-redundant statement.

Or am I missing something and "cash" and "money" are two vastly different things.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

It's a psychologically satisfying phrase. The syllables increase by one with each word, adding up to six, a perfect number. Plus, who doesn't want to be rich? It's an excellent name.

Or am I missing something and "cash" and "money" are two vastly different things.

Yes, actually. Money is assets in whatever form, cashiers checks, bonds, gold... Cash is physical bank notes. It is the most reliable form of money aside from gold. Cash money means that your money is in the relatively secure form of cash. It's also a not uncommon phrase, I'm surprised you haven't picked up on it.

VH1 is nothing but D-List celeberities and shitty comedians making fun of current things, or old fads.

Yea, but its funny.

No... it's not

VH1 is nothing but D-List celeberities and shitty comedians making fun of current things, or old fads.

Yea, but its funny.

No... it's not

Yeah, D-Listers who've done nothing ripping on people with legit careers. Those shows suck and they're not funny

I want my job to just be to sit in on each of those VH1 shows and talk about whatever the fuck I want, not the direction I'm being steered as many of the comments obviously are. I'd switch it up, too. You know, only one out of four comments is dry or something like that. The rest would be good.

It seemed like there was some period of time, I want to say the summer of 2000, when I was forced by my circle of friends to watch near-lethal doses of MTV, and it seems like there were a lot of videos where a band was rockin' out in some impossibly small room or corridor, all smashed in there. Maybe it was the same video over and over, but I could've sworn this occurred in several.