TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mountie

Lame finisher names

Kanyon's Flatliner renamed the 'I'm Betta Than You' - what? Awful name for a finisher. Stratus' 'Chick Kick' is not so cool, and the 'Edgecution' is a little annoying as its quite a lame a pun. 'Edgeucator' would be much better IMO. Anyway, what oithers are out there?

When Edge first started using the Implant DDT back in 2001, he called it the Buzzkiller which I think was a shot at X-Pac. This lasted all of two weeks...

Guest LooneyTune

The "Moss Covered Three Handled Family Gadunza" has to take the cake. For current move,s the F.U. is a shitty name.

The "Moss Covered Three Handled Family Gadunza" has to take the cake.

Who used this again....and what was it. For some reason I thinking Jeff Hardy but Im not sure why.

Perry Saturn used it and it was a twisting fisherman suplex.

Oh right, now I remember. Still Jeff Hardy liked his stupid finisher names as well... What was that one he did? Willow The Wisp or something? Swanton Bomb is pretty bad too.

Taking care of business (UT's dragon sleeper)

Me and my friend call it "The Taker care of business" We love it :D

Guest LooneyTune

The Fame-Ass-er

Clothesline From Hell (whatever happend to "Lariat"?)

Didn't Flash Funks finisher have a funky name?

Guest Eric the Eagle

Hardy named one of his moves (the twisting press of the tope, IIRC) the "Whisper in the Wind", which I guess is the one you thought of.

Wasn't Angle's finisher named the Right Angle for a week or two? I always loved that name.

I never much cared for Spanky's "Sliced bread #2". That is, I love the move. Not the name...

All of Edge's move names are pretty awful.

Meh. I like the MCTHFG. Being that Saturn at the time was whacked out of his gourd, it made sense in the context of his gimmick to use something goofy and non-sequitur. Likewise with the Au Revoir, it fits with La Rez's entire schtick.

Guest Askewniverse

Yep. It was called the "Funky Flash Splash."

The Fame-Ass-er

Clothesline From Hell (whatever happend to "Lariat"?)

Funky Flash Splash = 450 splash

I second Sliced Bread #2, as well as the F.U. Both names make sense , but it doesn't take away from the shittiness of the name. On top of that, the F.U. is a shitty finisher.

Also in that vein, Catatonic.

I never much cared for Spanky's "Sliced bread #2". That is, I love the move. Not the name...

I thought it was funny in so far as being the best thing since sliced bread, but as an actual name, I agree, shitty.

The MCTHFG was a Dr Seuss reference I believe to tie in with Saturn's random character.

The Right Angle made sense, especially the way he lifts them so they are perpendicular to his body.

The Baldobomb was pretty bad.

Guest LooneyTune

Problem with Saturns was that it was called that BEFORE he turned stupid. He didn't start acting like that until a month or two after Wrestlemania, but was using it already and that was the name used.

FU was a throw away line in a promo Cena cut on Brock in April 2003. "Your finish is the F-5, mine's the FU!"

I think the Olympics asked WWF to stop using the name, so they changed it to "Angle Slam".

These are all dumb names for finishers:

Bookend

The Stroke

Steiner Recliner

Legdrop of Doom~!

What did "F-5" mean? I never got it. Maybe I'm retarded.

Thank you.

The name "Ghettoblaster" was cool for Bad News Brown in the late 80s but it was pretty lame for Booker in 2001 WCW.

West Coast Pop is a really queer name as well.

Guest BDC

F-5 is the highest intensity tornado

...oops, been said.

If I remember right, Hogan's was The Legdrop of Doom. Yech.

Edgucator was used: it was that weird reverse sharpshooter thing he used. Edgucator, Edgeacution, whatever, they suck.

Olympic Slam was a good name. Angle Slam is terribly vanilla. Angle Lock? Good God, kill me now.

Au Revoir doesn't bother me at all. Fits the gimmick fine.

Sweet Chin Music? That's... just horrid.

Guest LooneyTune

Hogans was the Atomic Leg Drop. Only idiots like useless moron Scott Keith called it the Leg Drop of Doom.

I think the name is fine. It makes sense since he kicks the guy in the chin and he does the "tuning up the band" deal.

Superkick is pretty hokey, though.

Guest Askewniverse

Not really a finisher, but the "BK Bomb" is a pretty lame name. It sounds like something from the menu at Burger King.

Sweet SHIN Music was a stupid name for something Dude Love did.

I think that was actually the point. Wasn't a finisher though - Dude kicked the opponent in the shins to setup the Double Arm DDT.

Speaking of which, add StevieT to the list.

Guest BDC
Hogans was the Atomic Leg Drop. Only idiots like useless moron useless moron Scott Keith called it the Leg Drop of Doom.

Point taken, but still a lame name.

QUOTE (BDC @ Mar 17 2005, 08:55 PM)

I think the name is fine. It makes sense since he kicks the guy in the chin and he does the "tuning up the band" deal.

Superkick is pretty hokey, though.

See, the other stuff is built on the name, but the name itself? No, no, just... no.

Guest LooneyTune
Hogans was the Atomic Leg Drop. Only idiots like useless moron useless moron useless moron Scott Keith called it the Leg Drop of Doom.

Point taken, but still a lame name.

Kinda hard to come up with a good name for a Leg Drop.

How about "leg drop"? I think the whole "Atomic/of doom" thign was Hogan copyrighting it. I don't ever rememebr it being called anything but a leg drop or "dropping the big leg" on TV.