TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
pochorenella

Lucas to Release Star Wars 3-D films in 2007

George Lucas plans to release all six "Star Wars" films in 3-D, starting in 2007. Lucas said at the ShowWest Convention that he hopes to have the original "Star Wars" in 3-D set to be released in 2007 (the 30th anniversary of the film) and then release each new film one per year.

Lucas has already redone the original trilogy twice, once for the "Special Edition" releases and once again for the 2004 DVD releases.

Credit: Hollywood Reporter

Cool or not? Your thoughts?

Well, the guy knows the Star Wars fanatics will buy anything he tries to sell em so I say good for him.

If he knows he can suck every last dime out of them by not actually doing anything new then more power to him.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Just fucking release the original trilogy in it's original form. That's all I give a damn about anymore.

Guest Essa_Angelico

Didn't 3D movies die out with the likes of Jaws 3d?

Since it's Star Wars it will probably sell but still, lucas you CAN make money in other ways.

Just fucking release the original trilogy in it's original form. That's all I give a damn about anymore.

You have a better chance of George visiting your house for beer and cheese doodles.

Totally agree. I haven't bought the recently released trilogy set on DVD, and I absolutely REFUSE to do so, because it's the "special edition" bullshit.

The rumor I heard way back when was that he was going to release all of the films in 2007 in one big DVD box set - including the originals. Until he finally DOES release the original versions on DVD, the SOB gets none of my money.

Didn't 3D movies die out with the likes of Jaws 3d?

Since it's Star Wars it will probably sell but still, lucas you CAN make money in other ways.

You forgot about Spy-Kids 3D.

And I thought Lucas was done with SW? He is a liar.

Guest DonVito

I hate 3-D movies. They always seem to be crap.

Lucas needs to quit sodomizing the original trilogy for every penny he can get.

You guys kill me. I've been reading some articles about this recently, and there is a whole group of technically-minded directors who want to push 3-D as something more than a "gimmick" technology. What better way to show "Hollywood" that 3-D is viable than to release one of the biggest movie trilogies ever in the format, assuring that there will be a 3-D movie in the yearly top 10?

Because I've seen it, I've seen it repeatedly and 3-D is nothing more than a gimmick.

You wanna prove to me it works? Here's a crazy thought, make new movies instead of showing the same ones over and over again just to make another quick buck off a trilogy that I'm starting to wish was destroyed in a fire.

Guest LooneyTune
I'll be front and center. Imagine that Star Destroyer flying over your head. Fuck.

Nothing to do with your post really, but was wondering who's that fighting in your avatar? I can't make out the faces, but maybe Anakin and Obi-Wan?

<---hasn't read spoilers yet, so I have no clue.

He won't.

"It's my trilogy, and I can do whatever I want with them." - George Lucas

My Star Wars tapes have aged, the covers are gone, and there is no use for them anymore sadly, so the DVDs are all I have now. :(

He wants us to forget about what made him famous.

I'll be front and center. Imagine that Star Destroyer flying over your head. Fuck.

Nothing to do with your post really, but was wondering who's that fighting in your avatar? I can't make out the faces, but maybe Anakin and Obi-Wan?

It's the beginning of the battle between Anakin and Obi Wan in the Mustafar control room. This is moments after Anakin kills the remaining leaders of the Separatist group, and force chokes a pregnant Padme Amidala.

Just fucking release the original trilogy in it's original form.  That's all I give a damn about anymore.

He won't.

"It's my trilogy, and I can do whatever I want with them." - George Lucas

My Star Wars tapes have aged, the covers are gone, and there is no use for them anymore sadly, so the DVDs are all I have now. :(

He wants us to forget about what made him famous.

You should be able to find DVR's of the original trilogy made from the laser disc version on e-bay, obviously not as great quality as the DVD releases, but it's nice to have. I still bought the official release because I'm a Star Wars nerd, but it's nice to be able to pop in the originals :D

Guest LooneyTune

It's the beginning of the battle between Anakin and Obi Wan in the Mustafar control room. This is moments after Anakin kills the remaining leaders of the Separatist group, and force chokes a pregnant Padme Amidala.

Oh my God... I need to see this movie. Anakin is bad ass. I just hope it erases the damage from the faggot kid in the first movie.

Guest LooneyTune

Fine... maybe it can erase the horrible acting of the little piece of shit who played Anakin that nearly ruined Darth Vaders badassness.

Oh my God... I need to see this movie. Anakin is bad ass. I just hope it erases the damage from the faggot kid in the first movie.

Episode 1 Ani: "Will I see you again"

George Lucas: "Yes you will......in 3D.....in HDTV.......in Blu Ray......on internet video streams.....in Virtual Reality......in my dreams...."

Guest LooneyTune

That made me think of the "Holographic Wow" in the Christmas Special... damn you razazteca.

I thought he wanted to move on to other projects......but it seems that he is just a one trick pony.

Do the Indiana Jones movies count?