TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Did anybody get a PSP?

Most video game forums are shit. Ask away here if you need to.

You're going to need to use the USB cable, obviously. See the manual for more about that.

If you already have the cable, PSP Video 9 is a program that not only converts movies to PSP spec, but also copies them to the PSP with thumbnails and everything.

PSP having MK II, MK3, MKD, SFA 3 and Darkstalkers is tempting me to pick one up.

Yeah, having to block with Start/Select, or lightly tap/push long to get different strength button presses sounds great. Of course, you can do that on GBA already and don't have to pay 200 bucks + for the privilege.

Didn't you already say you think portable fighters suck?

Got PSPvideo9 and it works fine, but I can't get it to convert a file that's already MP4.

I've got 40 year old virgin in MP4 and no matter what I do, it won't read it on the PSP. I tried changing the file name to tie in with what PSPvideo9 does, but it just comes up saying unsupported data.

Maybe it's the file or the way it's put together.

Didn't you already say you think portable fighters suck?

Yeah but since when has that stopped me from buying a fighter? I know they'll be weak and I'll never play them but it's still tempting. Plus for collections sake I'm going to have to buy the MKs for PSP so it'd be nice to at least be able to play them. I have a couple of MK games that I don't even own the system for and it sucks.

From 1up:

PSP UK Launch is a Smashing Success

In spite of illegal imports, a great opening weekend.

by Jane Pinckard, 09/06/2005

UK gamers finally got their chance to buy into the official launch of the PSP, although some hardcore gamers had already ordered the console through e-commerce sites. The numbers rack up to be the biggest console launch ever: over 185,000 units sold according to some estimates, smashing the previous recod held by Nintendo DS at 87,000.

There was no stand-out game title hit, but Ridge Racer topped the list with around 37,000 units sold, followed by Wipeout Pure, Virtua Tennis, and Metal Gear Ac!d.

Free Running is pretty cool to watch. I can see it being a decent Tony Hawk's style game, and it should do well in Europe.

So...they have a game....that you just....Run....

that shit really better be free.

Run, jump, spring from wall to wall, dive down flights of stairs and slide around. Granted, it seems rather redundant with tons of great PoP-style games out there (including a revival of the original series), but depending on the environments, goals, modes of play, etc. it could be a quality title.

So....

I started playing my PSP on the way to work, and it turns out that my analogue stick is broken. Or rather that the little rubber bit has come off. Anybody know where I can get a replacement for it?

So....

I started playing my PSP on the way to work, and it turns out that my analogue stick is broken. Or rather that the little rubber bit has come off. Anybody know where I can get a replacement for it?

I don't have one, but I'd say either a gas station men's room or...

this should do: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259205.asp

So....

I don't have one, but I'd say either a gas station men's room or...

this should do: http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/259205.asp

Superlative.

"Capcom has delighted gamers with its Capcom Classics on PS2 and Xbox, and the PSP is getting its turn. Aside from offering old gems like 1942, Final Fight, and Street Fighter II, this handheld collection will throw in titles like Strider and Side Arms, which weren't on the compilations for the larger systems." -- Game Informer

In fairness, it is supposed to be more of a tutorial to tell you how to do those things and and to show you the possibilities. We know it plays games, and you should know how to make it do that.

But the acting on display is terrifically awful.

And there seems to be some trickery on display there with the picture--it doesn't look that bright in any real light. At least as far as I've seen.

So, after constant denials and rumors, the PSP redesign is official, announced at E3.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v70/spin...pslimsilver.jpg

Specifics:

Lighter, faster.

Less loading times.

Can stream video live to your TV (it has a video out port, so you can play your games on a TV without any need for an accessory/mod! Supposedly only works on d-terminal/component, though.)

Bundled with Daxter, a 1GB memory stick, and the Family Guy movie.

Launches in silver and black colors

Retails for $199.

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCEI) today unveiled an enhanced design for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system (PSP-2000) that has a more streamlined form factor and a video-out port which will become available in stores from September in Japan, North America and Europe.

While succeeding the basic functions and design philosophy of the current PSP including a 4.3 inch wide high resolution LCD screen, overwhelmingly large for a handheld device, new PSP is 33 percent lighter and 19 percent slimmer than the original version, making the all-in-one handheld entertainment system even easier to carry around at approx.189g in weight (weight of current model is approx.280g) and approx.18.6mm in thickness (thickness of current model is approx.23.0 mm).

Adding a video-out port(*1) enables new PSP users to experience high quality UMD™ (Universal Media Disc) Video, pictures and movies from Memory Stick Duo and game software titles(*2) on their TVs at home. Also, new PSP is equipped with enhanced feature to temporarily store game data from UMD, reducing load time during game play(*3). Moreover, the ability to charge the unit through PLAYSTATION®3 or PC via USB cable during data transfer is newly equipped(*4), further positioning PSP as a true handheld device.

A new PSP comes in three basic colors of “Piano Black”, “Ceramic White”, and “Ice Silver” to meet a variety of lifestyle and preferences for all ages(*5).

During the two and a half years since the launch of PSP in December, 2004 strong support from users worldwide as well as an abundance of exciting software titles from publishers around the world have resulted in PSP achieving cumulative shipment of 25 million units for the hardware and 100 million units for software titles worldwide by March, 2007. The expansion of the PSP platform is being boosted worldwide along with its exciting lineup of software titles as well as the introduction of color variations.

SCEI will continue to further expand the PSP platform and create a new world of computer entertainment with innovative and exciting new titles and a new PSP.

Good news all around. I'll likely pick this up soon after it's released. Sure, it costs more than the current core, but comes with a game and a memory stick, so still sounds really good.

http://kotaku.com/360928/red-psp-comes-sta...r-summer-bundle

I'm not huge into GoW, but June may just be when I invest in a PSP and a PS3 both. Nice deal.

gow_psp_front.jpg

gow_psp_back.jpg

SCEA also announced the June 2008 availability of the limited-edition God

of War® PSP Entertainment Pack for $199.99 (MSRP). The God of War

Entertainment Pack will include a "Deep Red" PSP with God of War himself,

Kratos, silk-screened on the back of the unit, a copy of the highly

anticipated upcoming God of War: Chains of Olympus game for PSP, the hit

comedy movie from Columbia Pictures, "Superbad," on UMD (Universal

Media Disc), and a PLAYSTATION®Network voucher to download Syphon Filter®:

Combat Ops from PLAYSTATION®Store. The stand-alone version of God of War:

Chains of Olympus launches on March 4, 2008.