TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Star Wars: Clone Wars

Did anybody watch the new season which began on Monday and ended on Friday? They were longer than two-three minute ones in the first season. Matter of fact, they were fifteen minutes longer and it ends where Episode III begins. Seeing General Grievous in action makes me wonder what he will be like in the movie. This is the best thing to come out of the prequel trilogy minus Nute Gunray.

grievousheadshot7dz.jpg

jediknighting9fn.jpg

thecityisunderattack8zp.jpg

whodyouthinkyouare6pf.jpg

thebeginningofepisodeiii1xj.jpg

If you want to see them go here. You can watch Chapter 1-25 in small screen version.

I recommend it.

Uh, I'd say that in the movies, he will be WORSE, because of one reason:

Genndy T. is a fucking action GOD when it comes to cartoons. See: Samurai Jack, as well as all the fights in this season of Clone Wars.

Seeing General Grevious weaving back 'n forth, weilding a light saber in each hand and one in a foot, with the one jedi just like backing away fearfully was QUITE an ending to the first season.

But this season has been crazy with the action. Go to cartoonnetwork.com and stream them asap. I tell you, the Clone Wars cartoon is far better than the Clone Wars movie.

There is no Clone Wars movie. Episode II is the beginning, and Episode III is the climactic battle at the end. The three years between them is left out.

?

There's a series on cartoon network about the battles of the Clone Wars.

Bullshit.

The Clone Wars cartoons are better than both the prequel movies.

That's a sad fact - but it's reality.

The goddamn cartoons are leaps and bounds better than the two prequel movies Lucas spent years creating. And I'm willing to bet that the cartoons will probably be better than Episode III as well.

And sadly, as far as I can tell, when Lucas lost Gary Oldman as the voice actor for the movie, they didn't even attempt to cast Bender.

Instead, they got their sound department guy, Matthew Wood, to play the role.

Not that it has hurt my anticipation for Episode III, but I really wish they would had got John Di Maggio though.

Especially now.

I just have a general apathy towards EU stuff, and that it's animated just kills it for me. It's hard to look at it on the deeper human levels when the people aren't humans, and are drawn like they are. Yipes. Not a good animation style for it. I don't have apathy towards the EU, I'm outright hostile to 90% of it.

I just have a general apathy towards EU stuff, and that it's animated just kills it for me. It's hard to look at it on the deeper human levels when the people aren't humans, and are drawn like they are. Yipes. Not a good animation style for it. I don't have apathy towards the EU, I'm outright hostile to 90% of it.

See, I'm the exact opposite way. Some of the EU stuff is crap, but there's a lot of good stuff that's been done with it. Especially the stuff that Zahn's done. Zahn's probably one reason why I dislike the prequels so much - because Zahn work 10 years ago in the EU is infinitely better than the stuff Lucas himself is doing now.

The animation for the Clone Wars cartoon is pretty much classic Genndy, though, so I suppose if you're not into his style, I can see where one wouldn't be too interested in the cartoons.

I love ya, Kotz ol' buddy, but I can't help but point out the delicious irony here. ;)

This must be from where Grievous kidnaps Palpatine to set off the start of Episode III (and even that doesn't explain the smiling), otherwise there's no reason they should be interacting at all since Grievous's boss is Darth Sidious and NO ONE outside of Dooku knows that the Chancellor is also the Sith Lord.

This must be from where Grievous kidnaps Palpatine to set off the start of Episode III (and even that doesn't explain the smiling), otherwise there's no reason they should be interacting at all since Grievous's boss is Darth Sidious and NO ONE outside of Dooku knows that the Chancellor is also the Sith Lord.

Judging by Chapter 25, Grievous has no idea Palpatine = Sidious. Look at this dialogue: [after Grievous kills two Jedi] Grievous: You're mine, old man. Palpatine: I'm not afraid of you. You wouldn't dare harm the Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Whatever would your master say? Grievous: You're lucky they want you alive!

That's still kinda inconsistent. It's either a jab by Palpatine at Grievous's mostly droid nature or something else, but unless the Republic knows that the Sith are heading the Seperatists there's no reason to use "master" there.

Wait. Dooku/Darth Siduous knows that Palpatine = Sith lord. and the Sith Lord Emperor Palpatine met with Grevious and Siduous and gave them their orders. But Grevious doesn't know that Palpatine is a Sith Lord or whatever his title is.

Wait. Dooku/Darth Siduous knows that Palpatine = Sith lord. and the Sith Lord Emperor Palpatine met with Grevious and Siduous and gave them their orders. But Grevious doesn't know that Palpatine is a Sith Lord or whatever his title is.

Yes.

Grievous is another pawn in Palpatine's game.

My guess is Dooku and Sidious didn't tell him because he didn't need to know.

I think you mean Dooku/Darth Tyranus. Tyranus is Dooku's Sith name, and Sidious is Palpatine's.

Could be confusing for some.

They really should have used "Lord Tyrannus" more often. I mean, Vader was always called "Lord Vader." Dooku is a criminally ignored prequel character. I find him to be a really neat "old world" Jedi, the kind that Obi-Wan was referring to when he said that the lightsaber was "more refined than a blaster, a graceful weapon for a more civilized age." Not to mention his lightsaber is probably the coolest in the whole saga besides Luke's ROTJ one.

They really should have used "Lord Tyrannus" more often. I mean, Vader was always called "Lord Vader." Dooku is a criminally ignored prequel character. I find him to be a really neat "old world" Jedi, the kind that Obi-Wan was referring to when he said that the lightsaber was "more refined than a blaster, a graceful weapon for a more civilized age." Not to mention his lightsaber is probably the coolest in the whole saga besides Luke's ROTJ one.

Indeed. His training of Grevious is perhaps one of the more interesting scenes in the series. Calm, completely collected, egging him on for more. I really, really liked it a lot. :)

Edit: Also the vision that Anakin has in the second to last episode. That was incredibly well-played how it occurred.

Edited by Justice