TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Catcher8C

What if they?

Guest Catcher8C

It's been mentioned in passing a few times but I really think that they really could have Batista lay down for HHH. It wouldn't be the right decision, but I could see how HHH could argue for it with some valid points.

Here's why:

It would instantly turn Batista into the biggest heel in the business. It would also give HHH more heat.

Also, there really isn't anyone who Batista could carry a PPV buyrate with as a face. Edge? Orton? No.

Being a heel would better hide Batista's weaknesses in the ring. He isn't great at timing comebacks and his comeback offense is really lacking. Punch, clothesline, spinebuster, power-bomb won't work for long if they ask him to do 20 minute main-event face matches.

What do you think?

Guest Shadow

A real russo swerve would be Batistia winning and losing to Edge ala Bret/Yoko/Hogan IX.

With Edge using the "contender" card on the spot against a weary batista.

It's been mentioned in passing a few times but I really think that they really could have Batista lay down for HHH. It wouldn't be the right decision, but I could see how HHH could argue for it with some valid points.

Here's why:

It would instantly turn Batista into the biggest heel in the business. It would also give HHH more heat.

Also, there really isn't anyone who Batista could carry a PPV buyrate with as a face. Edge? Orton? No.

Being a heel would better hide Batista's weaknesses in the ring. He isn't great at timing comebacks and his comeback offense is really lacking. Punch, clothesline, spinebuster, power-bomb won't work for long if they ask him to do 20 minute main-event face matches.

What do you think?

Heres a better idea, Batista beats Triple H 1..2..3, Batista is the New Champion. everyone goes home happy.

I would laugh myself silly if that happened. Better yet, have Hogan challange Batista at the end of the match, then have Batista totally fuck him up with one powerbomb and get the pin.

A real russo swerve would be Batistia winning and losing to Edge ala Bret/Yoko/Hogan IX.

With Edge using the "contender" card on the spot against a weary batista.

That's actually a ... really... good idea.

Na you dont want to do that at Wrestlemania after Batista wins the title. Any other PPV or Raw then yeah sure perfect. Not Wrestlemania.

hell...anybody going into that spot would be a great swerve, and it would be funnier with a Benoit/Y2J/Kane victory over HHH after he cheated to beat Batista.

I don't see Kane walking out of WM with the title, but Y2J doing it (since it was HIS match idea in the first place) would be sweet.

Note: I would not want to see a Y2J/Cena celebration mid-ring with confetti. I'd kill myself.

Guest Shadow

I do like the idea but it would bury the company almost as much Batistia laying down would. It would be worst then Yoko losing the title to Hulk(at least he was a over face) and worst the Triple H over Rock @ 2000(at least HHH was a billed part of the match).

It would be wiser for Edge to pull that card at Backlash after Trips/Batistia have some sort of "life-alterning" gimmick match.

Guest Shadow

Here's the question, Does Edge just go in there and SPEAR batista and pin him and walk away with the title or do a promo before starting the "impromptu" match, would the fans need explanation?

It would be funny if Edge did come out and demand his title shot, but instead of taking advantage of a tired Batista, Batista destroys him. After Edge's angle of never being able to pick up the big win, that would actually make a tiny bit of sense.

I'd laugh my ass off over it.

Guest Thrashist

If Vince Russo were given the book today, he would immediately change the stip to a Taxi-Driver-on-a-Pole match. Then after ten ref bumps and fifteen chairshots to Batista's head, Triple H would retain. JBL would then come out with 39 strippers and they would party. Until the music hits, and number one contender Edge comes out and challenges Triple H to a match. He accepts. Midway through, Matt Hardy would come out, stop the match, and shoot about how Edge is feces and how he betrayed him. Then Lita would come out, hit Matt in the head with a chair, and dryhump Edge in the ring. Russo himself would then come out, call Matt Hardy a piece of shit for ruining the worked finish he wrote for the match, wish he was the one in the car accident and not Shannon Moore, and then proceed to put Matt Hardy in the sharpshooter, ring the bell himself a la Sur Series '97, and then declare himself, Vince Russo, the new world champion. Triple H and Russo would then hug, and with Lita, Edge, JBL, and the taxi driver on the pole (who will unmask, and reveal himself as Batista omg swerve?) they would reform the nWo and spraypaint Matt Hardy and the 39 strippers to end the show.

Guest Shadow

Yes it would be cool but Jericho or Benoit going over? let's be a little realistic here.

If Benoit or Jericho won the ladder match and beat Batista or HHH, that would be cool. Not Edge, because come on, he's Edge.

But then he could snarl and look like he's passing a really hard turd, only with a belt on his shoulder.

I remember Orton and Batista had a good match on RAW in November. So yes Batista and Orton can have good matches together. So a Heel Orton Vs. Batista would work.

If Vince Russo were given the book today, he would immediately change the stip to a Taxi-Driver-on-a-Pole match. Then after ten ref bumps and fifteen chairshots to Batista's head, Triple H would retain. JBL would then come out with 39 strippers and they would party. Until the music hits, and number one contender Edge comes out and challenges Triple H to a match. He accepts. Midway through, Matt Hardy would come out, stop the match, and shoot about how Edge is feces and how he betrayed him. Then Lita would come out, hit Matt in the head with a chair, and dryhump Edge in the ring. Russo himself would then come out, call Matt Hardy a piece of shit for ruining the worked finish he wrote for the match, wish he was the one in the car accident and not Shannon Moore, and then proceed to put Matt Hardy in the sharpshooter, ring the bell himself a la Sur Series '97, and then declare himself, Vince Russo, the new world champion. Triple H and Russo would then hug, and with Lita, Edge, JBL, and the taxi driver on the pole (who will unmask, and reveal himself as Batista omg swerve?) they would reform the nWo and spraypaint Matt Hardy and the 39 strippers to end the show.

Wow. That's the best fantasy booking I've ever fucking read.

This man is the future of TSM.

If Benoit or Jericho won the ladder match and beat Batista or HHH, that would be cool. Not Edge, because come on, he's Edge.

But then he could snarl and look like he's passing a really hard turd, only with a belt on his shoulder.

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH AND I WON BUT I AM STILL! NOT! HAPPY! GRRRRRRRRR

Seriously, how did Edge go from being one of the best workers on the stick in the E&C&Angle days to this sort of Gene Snitsky-esque so-bad-it-loops-full-circle-to-be-perversely-good thing he's got going?

If Vince Russo were given the book today, he would immediately change the stip to a Taxi-Driver-on-a-Pole match.  Then after ten ref bumps and fifteen chairshots to Batista's head, Triple H would retain.  JBL would then come out with 39 strippers and they would party.  Until the music hits, and number one contender Edge comes out and challenges Triple H to a match.  He accepts.  Midway through, Matt Hardy would come out, stop the match, and shoot about how Edge is feces and how he betrayed him.  Then Lita would come out, hit Matt in the head with a chair, and dryhump Edge in the ring.  Russo himself would then come out, call Matt Hardy a piece of shit for ruining the worked finish he wrote for the match, wish he was the one in the car accident and not Shannon Moore, and then proceed to put Matt Hardy in the sharpshooter, ring the bell himself a la Sur Series '97, and then declare himself, Vince Russo, the new world champion.  Triple H and Russo would then hug, and with Lita, Edge, JBL, and the taxi driver on the pole (who will unmask, and reveal himself as Batista omg swerve?) they would reform the nWo and spraypaint Matt Hardy and the 39 strippers to end the show.

I like how everybody completely forgets that Vince Russo booked the WWE for the two best years they ever had, storyline-wise. He'd probably just leave WM alone, build up a heel while Batista finished off HHH again at Backlash in a stip match, and then set up hot feuds for Batista throughout the summer.

exploding_head.gif

I have never laughed so hard in my life. That and razazteca's reply in the Warrior thread have ensured that I will be sleeping for the entire day today since I've been up all night laughing.

Thanks guys.

If Vince Russo were given the book today, he would immediately change the stip to a Taxi-Driver-on-a-Pole match.  Then after ten ref bumps and fifteen chairshots to Batista's head, Triple H would retain.  JBL would then come out with 39 strippers and they would party.  Until the music hits, and number one contender Edge comes out and challenges Triple H to a match.  He accepts.  Midway through, Matt Hardy would come out, stop the match, and shoot about how Edge is feces and how he betrayed him.  Then Lita would come out, hit Matt in the head with a chair, and dryhump Edge in the ring.  Russo himself would then come out, call Matt Hardy a piece of shit for ruining the worked finish he wrote for the match, wish he was the one in the car accident and not Shannon Moore, and then proceed to put Matt Hardy in the sharpshooter, ring the bell himself a la Sur Series '97, and then declare himself, Vince Russo, the new world champion.  Triple H and Russo would then hug, and with Lita, Edge, JBL, and the taxi driver on the pole (who will unmask, and reveal himself as Batista omg swerve?) they would reform the nWo and spraypaint Matt Hardy and the 39 strippers to end the show.

I like how everybody completely forgets that Vince Russo booked the WWE for the two best years they ever had, storyline-wise. He'd probably just leave WM alone, build up a heel while Batista finished off HHH again at Backlash in a stip match, and then set up hot feuds for Batista throughout the summer.

What's that Vince?

I HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH AND I WON BUT I AM STILL! NOT! HAPPY! GRRRRRRRRR

Seriously, how did Edge go from being one of the best workers on the stick in the E&C&Angle days to this sort of Gene Snitsky-esque so-bad-it-loops-full-circle-to-be-perversely-good thing he's got going?

They asked him to be intense.

Edge hasn't the acting ability in his body to be intense.

His expressions range from smile to "boy I'm hungry" to smirk to "gas pains angry".

Edge would have only worked as a heel if he played up the cool heel of RAW but that apparently was taken by Christian since HE can't do the intense heel role either.

Now THAT'S how you book a WrestleMania main event. I would so pay 50 bucks for that. :lol:

I want to see Batista beat HHH within 5 minutes  Now THAT would destroy the company...

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but it wouldn't. It's the best move they could do. Have Batista kill H dead, and he MAY have a shot. No shitty 20 minute Triple H match in which he tries to convince everyone he's really good by doing figure-fours and Indian Deathlocks or whatever.

Ok, that made me laugh! :lol: The sad/funny part is I can imagine Russo doing at least some of that...