TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

Can a Afro American ever be a big main eventer?

And we've seen how they treated the half-black Rock. He was in the main event jobbing to everyone because he's the only one (besides Foley) who could be bothered to put guys over.

Oh my god. That might be the most nonsensical post ever. The Rock was jobbing to everyone because he was half black? He went THREE YEARS without a clean loss. He was more protected than anyone since Hulk Hogan. If Rocky was a jobber, I'd hate to see what it takes to be a real main event star.

Name who was better. Really. Chris Jericho and Shawn Michaels are the only two who come close, and there's nothing from either man AT THAT TIME that would suggest they were better than Booker T.

For the record, Shawn Michaels was the best worker on Raw at that point, as when he first came back, he was really motivated to show that he could still go, and was putting on consistently good to great matches. Jericho wasn't at his peak, but he was also wrestling much better than Booker T. Triple H wasn't that far removed from the Summerslam match that was better than anything Booker had done in his life, and despite looking bad when he got stuck with Scott Steiner, he was a better wrestler than Booker T as well. I'd even say that Rob Van Dam was a better worker than Booker at the time.

Triple H wasn't that far removed from the Summerslam match that was better than anything Booker had done in his life, and despite looking bad when he got stuck with Scott Steiner, he was a better wrestler than Booker T as well.

Bullshit. Shawn carried the Summerslam match and his matches with Steiner showed at most how bad he was from January 2002 to December 2003, or at least a definite lack of effort on his part. RVD, Jericho, Shawn fine, but certainly not HHH.

Booker T was carrying The Big Show to watchable matches, which was way more then HHH was doing at the time. And Booker's awesome tag match with Goldust.

Don't forget it was Booker T who carried HHH to his best singles match(not including the street fight, since it was a gimmick match) in YEARS.

I thought about this harder and now I wonder if maybe the question isn't about race at all

Maybe he wants to know if a wrestler with an afro could get over?

Like Carlito or that manager guy they sent back to OVW.

So no, I don't think a wrestler with an afro could be as over as Austin.

...that's not cool.

*bites into an apple, then spits it in your face*

carlito.jpg

This thread is not cool.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave

Orlando Jordan, The Coach, Mark Henry, Rosey, Viscera, and D-Von Dudley are the future.

Guest JMA
Eddie really got hammered on that deal bad.

The way that feud ended really pissed me off. Eddie never even pinned JBL in a singles match; it was horrible. Unlike the Booker/Triple H situation, though, there's still time to fix it. JBL would need to be greatly humiliated by Eddie, however. Maybe a hair vs. hair match would be in order.

Of course, WWE will probably move JBL to Raw or turn him face, so this won't happen... :angry:

No, a black wrestler will never be a big main eventer.

Everyone that wants to name The Rock has to remember that he WAS hald samoan, and looking at him, you people don't really think black. They think "other". So You throw him ou there with the straight hair, he looks like he has a really good tan. Its all about being able to be univerally accepted in the eyes of the WWE dispite the fact that its been disproven.

Ahmed Johnson and Booker T are two cases of black wrestlers that were over enough to hold the title. Ahmed was so goddamned hot at one point, you had to wonder WHY he was the big maineventer. Sure, later he got hurt by breathing too hard, and couldn't wrestle without killing himself, but hey...you know....hey. They got over because they were never mentioned as being black really. I mean think about it. Ahmed was just some intense big guy, then they went with the "Uncle Tom" angle with Farooq, and no one cared anymore. A majority white audience dosen't really care.

The WWE will never be able to duck the want to play to stereotypes. And honestly, there are no stereotypes for a half black, half samoan kid....there just aren't. But I dare you to name a black wrestler that they haven't played up the "stereotypical darkie" role with them. I think thats all the writers know how to do. I can honestly imagine a hollywood shuffle esqe writers meeting where they are saying how so and so's character is good....but just not quite "black" enough. I think Vince and co believe that to cater to the minority audience, every person has to be a character from a 70's blaxploitation film. This is what will always stop the black wrestlers from going all the way to the top.

I give it 3 months before one of Sheltons homeboys from the hood comes around and he is all GANGASTA. Or Shelton will turn heel and steal the faces car and strip it or something. Its coming and it won't suprise anyone here. The only way a black wrestler will become a big maineventer is if they are not constantly having their race shoved into the forefront, and the WWE will never EVER do that.

Guest Hass of Pain

There will be, and it isn't going to be Booker T or Shelton Benjamin.

lashley.jpg

Blaster Lashley. This guy is an absolute Hoss, and he's signed to WWE developmental and people are already saying that he's got the presence of Batista, only he's way more athletic, learning to wrestle way quicker and has a ton of charisma. He's already been called the most promising guy to enter into OVW since Brock Lesnar, and from the limited stuff I have seen and heard about him, he sounds like he's destined to be a World Champion some day. I'm going with Lashley as my guess.

I thought about this harder and now I wonder if maybe the question isn't about race at all

Like Carlito or that manager guy they sent back to OVW.

So no, I don't think a wrestler with an afro could be as over as Austin.

haku.jpg

Guest Hass of Pain

59.jpg

Guest Corino 1000
Booker T was carrying The Big Show to watchable matches, which was way more then HHH was doing at the time. And Booker's awesome tag match with Goldust.

Don't forget it was Booker T who carried HHH to his best singles match(not including the street fight, since it was a gimmick match) in YEARS.

First of all your fucking stupid. You don't know shit about wrestling! Big Show is a veteran, as well is Booker T and Show don't need anybody to carry him in a match. Personally I think he is one of the better wrestlers on the WWE roster.

As for Dark Age there are actually alot of phenomenal wrestlers in the WWE and the reason Booker don't get pushed as much is because he is pretty old and his back can't deal with too much.

As for Dark Age there are actually alot of phenomenal wrestlers in the WWE and the reason Booker don't get pushed as much is because he is pretty old and his back can't deal with too much.

plus, 28-30 is prime, 31- you decline (or so I've heard)

As for Dark Age there are actually alot of phenomenal wrestlers in the WWE and the reason Booker don't get pushed as much is because he is pretty old and his back can't  deal with too much.

Don't be ridiculous!

Prime is 28-32, and 33+ you decline. Duh.

I vote for Bob Sapp. He'd be the Shaq of wrestling!

And we've seen how they treated the half-black Rock.  He was in the main event jobbing to everyone because he's the only one (besides Foley) who could be bothered to put guys over.

Oh my god. That might be the most nonsensical post ever. The Rock was jobbing to everyone because he was half black? He went THREE YEARS without a clean loss. He was more protected than anyone since Hulk Hogan. If Rocky was a jobber, I'd hate to see what it takes to be a real main event star.

Getting pinned by Al Snow and Big Boss Man after being in the the title picture doesn't make any sense, either, but it happened.

And he also went three years without a clean win, either.

And yes, I think Rock was just a jobber, but not to the stars. To the up-and-coming stars. Who did WWE always go to first when it came time to job out to the next star that they want to matter? Jericho, Brock, Angle, even Triple H and Austin. Their really big pushes came after they beat Rock. He just happened to be half-black. It would have happened if he was all white, too.

As for Dark Age there are actually alot of phenomenal wrestlers in the WWE and the reason Booker don't get pushed as much is because he is pretty old and his back can't  deal with too much.

Don't be ridiculous!

Prime is 28-32, and 33+ you decline. Duh.

My mistake. I couldn't find the thread aboot it.

I refuse to acknowledge that.

You HAVE to acknowledge prime!

First of all your fucking stupid. You don't know shit about wrestling! Big Show is a veteran, as well is Booker T and Show don't need anybody to carry him in a match. Personally I think he is one of the better wrestlers on the WWE roster.

His matches aren't entertaining, they are boring, he needs a great wrestler to have a good match.

Booker T made his matches with Big Show atleast watchable.