TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Opening Day Thread

Beautiful 2-hitter from Pedro today.

Still.....you can't celebrate when the team has just improved their record to 1-5.

The fact that they showed any signs of life at all is celebration enough.

GO METS!

Well, sucks that Batista blew the save after being *this* close to striking out Bellhorn, but this win was more exciting, anyway. That fucking scoreboard had me thinking the ball was gone, though.

damn since when did the orioles become the best offense in baseball?

cork_col.jpg?

LMAO

anyhow yea its a loss, but what can you do. Hopefully moose can get them back on tarck tommorrow and the sox have onyl won 2 games so far, but you never know. Call me when its august and we can make better predictions than the 2nd week of the season.

and is Pavano ok or what?

They took him to the hospital for precautionary measures. Hes fine, and he'll be with the team in Boston. Probably for the better he left the game, his stuff wasn't very good.

I'm regretting not starting Lilly on my fantasy team. I was worried about him having his first game back against that lineup. 2 out of 3 from the World Champions isn't bad, and they could have easily had all three.

Now Toronto is in first place all by themselves.

Man, the Cubs are taking years off my life. They loaded the bases in the 10th and couldn't score. Granted, this Delarosa kid has some great stuff, but man, these games are so addicting which is why the defeats are so crushing.

While being a Cubs fan must suck, and that compared to being a Yankee fan isn't really fair. But can you imagine how game four and five against the Sox might have felt? I felt like dieing.

And hasn't Lilly always owned the Sox? Didn't he have a complete game 13 k shutout against them last year?

While being a Cubs fan must suck, and that compared to being a Yankee fan isn't really fair. But can you imagine how game four and five against the Sox might have felt? I felt like dieing.

I guess you forgot about the 2003 NLCS.

I guess you forgot about the 2003 NLCS.

One game, lot shorter.

Phillies/Marlins start a three game set tomorrow!

No matter how good or bad the teams are, I always get amped for this series. Growing up in PA, I always hated the Phillies and most likely always will.

Leiter/Burnett/Willis go for the Marlins.

There is something about a Yankee fan trying to tell a Cubs fan that their Yankees have caused more heartbreak. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I wasn't trying to say that. Obviously the Cubs have had heartbreak a lot more than Yankee fans, but regardless.

Just because we've won it 26 times, I'm not allowed to be pisses and saddened and in total shock after watching the Yanks lose games four and five to the Sox last year? Maybe its just me, but I don't think games six and seven of the ALCS are comparable to games 4 and 5 from the 04 ALCS. game six defintley, you were four outs away. But we blew the lead twice, in consecutive days, going through the torture of 13 and 14 innings respectivley.

Phillies/Marlins start a three game set tomorrow!

No matter how good or bad the teams are, I always get amped for this series. Growing up in PA, I always hated the Phillies and most likely always will.

Leiter/Burnett/Willis go for the Marlins.

Hating the Phillies is like hating a retarded kid. Just look at our GM for the example of a retarded kid in a job...

Just because we've won it 26 times, I'm not allowed to be pisses and saddened and in total shock after watching the Yanks lose games four and five to the Sox last year? Maybe its just me, but I don't think games six and seven of the ALCS are comparable to games 4 and 5 from the 04 ALCS. game six defintley, you were four outs away. But we blew the lead twice, in consecutive days, going through the torture of 13 and 14 innings respectivley.

Sure you are. But ten consecutive playoff appearances, six American League pennants, and four World Series titles tends to deaden the pain. I personally cheer for a team that has reached the playoffs twice in my lifetime. True baseball pain is not watching your team lose a playoff series. True baseball pain is watching baseball in mid-September when your team has been eliminated from the playoffs. I got to watch my Phillies drop four consecutive games to the Marlins. In a row, at home, in June.

122 seasons, one world championship. That is futility that no team in baseball history could ever hope to match. So excuse me if I hardly weep tears of sorrow for the pitiful Yankees fans.

Torii Hunter reaches first on a ball popped 15 feet in front of the plate, and steals second before the ball even reaches the plate. I guess this is what they call "smart ball?"

I think it's more Cliff Politte is an idiot.

The Sox played pretty horrible today, no doubt about it. If I remember correctly, they were winless on nationally televised games last year (or close to it, including FOX, ESPN, ESPN2), and they're off to a good start on matching that again.

Jason

122 seasons, one world championship. That is futility that no team in baseball history could ever hope to match. So excuse me if I hardly weep tears of sorrow for the pitiful Yankees fans.

At least you had the As. Think of the poor fans in Cleveland.

At least you had the As. Think of the poor fans in Cleveland.

We try to ignore those years. It makes us less pitiful.

I would like to note that we also have the 1925 Negro League championship to our credit.