TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

This Week In Baseball

Guest Smues

Smoltz vs Pedro again on Tuesday (although I was hoping for Smoltz/Glavine) and Hudson vs Mulder on Friday. Atlanta just keeps having these great matchups fall into place. I'm still hoping Smoltz Glavine and/or Smoltz Maddux occurs this year though.

So instead of worrying about Hawkins, the Cubs feel safer giving the closer's role to a pitcher with a career 5.0 BB/9 rate. Wuertz would be a better choice, but Dusty would never trust a young player in a real life game.

Hey Al, can you/have you done a Keltner list on Jaime Moyer?

Will do. Keep an eye out later tonight.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I haven't really paid much attention to the Yankees. Why is it they either score double digits or just 1 run?

Their offense is horribly inconsistent. It's feast or fathom with them.

And while Fox got the ball today, sounds like it's going to be closer by situation for now. I'd rather see Wuertz get the ball if I had to choose from what we've got.

I haven't really paid much attention to the Yankees. Why is it they either score double digits or just 1 run?

Its all about hitting with RISP.

If they do it, like they did today, they'll score a shitload. If they don't, like they did against the Rangers and D-Rays, then they won't score at all.

I love how ESPN always schedules a Sunday Night game every year between the A's and Angels so Morgan can gush for three hours about how the Angels play and rant about how the way the A's play. Poor senial Joe still thinks the Angels won the 2002 World Series because they "manufactured runs."

Helps that the A's couldn't hit beachballs right now. This is just a horrific offensive slump to start the season as a team. Until Chavez and Durazo start doing something they aren't going to score with any consistency.

Has Sam Ryan ever done television before this job? She just seems completely unsure about every word coming out of her mouth. Oh boy, Sunday Night check is next!

Their offense is horribly inconsistent.  It's feast or fathom with them.

And while Fox got the ball today, sounds like it's going to be closer by situation for now.  I'd rather see Wuertz get the ball if I had to choose from what we've got.

Its feast or famine..

anyway..

This was one of those weeks I'd like to forget, although at the end of the week, the Os are still in first place. Getting a 3 game sweep in Toronto is good, since, as it was pointed out on the Toronto broadcast (heard via XM), the Jays have had the best record vs the Orioles over the last 3 years of any of the teams in the AL East. Ponson pitched well, although I will invest no confidence in his ability to make 2 straight starts like that.

Something new I'm going to try. A weekly wrap-up at the end of these threads.

If the season ended today...

Los Angeles Angels @ Chicago White Sox

Minnesota Twins @ Baltimore Orioles

NL Wild Card Winner @ Los Angeles Dodgers

NL East Champion @ St. Louis Cardinals

(There are complicated tiebreaker scenarios between the Braves, Marlins and Diamondbacks that I don't have the heart to get into.)

AL MVP: Brian Roberts, Balt

AL Cy Young: Rich Harden, Oak

AL Rookie of the Year: Jeremy Reed, Sea

AL Manager of the Year: Ozzie Guillen, CWS

NL MVP: Derrek Lee, ChC

NL Cy Young: Roger Clemens, Hou

NL Rookie of the Year: Clint Barmes, Col

NL Manager of the Year: Jim Tracy, LAD

These will undoubtably look silly in a few weeks.

And other moderators, I do not intend to close these threads.

Guest Mosaicv2
Ejections: Tampa Bay Devil Rays pitcher Lance Carter ejected by 2B umpire Rick Reed.  (7th); Tampa Bay Devil Rays pitcher Dewon Brazelton ejected by HP umpire Ted Barrett.  (7th); Tampa Bay Devil Rays Manager Lou Piniella ejected by HP umpire Ted Barrett.  (7th); Boston Red Sox right fielder Trot Nixon ejected by HP umpire Ted Barrett.  (7th); Boston Red Sox Manager Terry Francona ejected by HP umpire Ted Barrett.  (7th); Boston Red Sox pitcher Bronson Arroyo ejected by HP umpire Ted Barrett.  (7th).

Yankees vs Red Sox?

HA!

The new rivalry is D-Rays vs Red Sox!

Good... so the Red Sox can be the Yankees in this rivalry

Actually, haven't the Rays and Sox always had bad blood? I remember some brawls with Pedro and somebody from a couple years ago.

Gerald Willams: former Yankee.

Wasn't that the one where he charged Pedro and the whole Sox infield tackled his ass and pounded him before the Devil Rays could get there?

What I wanted to see when Ortiz was all hot at the picther was for him to grab the catcher that was restraining him and be like "David no like little man touching me!" and then toss his ass on the ground.

I want to see a game end at least once this season with both teams getting thrown out.

Guest Mosaicv2
Actually, haven't the Rays and Sox always had bad blood? I remember some brawls with Pedro and somebody from a couple years ago.

Gerald Willams: former Yankee.

Wasn't that the one where he charged Pedro and the whole Sox infield tackled his ass and pounded him before the Devil Rays could get there?

I think I remember seeing highlights of this game: The Devil Rays pitching seem so horrible that night that they seem to hit three Red Sox players, including Brian Dabauch twice! Pedro took acceptance to it by hitting Williams with a runner on in the middle of the game. Also not to mention that Pedro pitch a 1 hit 13 strikeout complete game masterpiece! :D

Guest Shadow
Damn you, Marvin!

And great. Wood can't go more than five starts without having some bullshit problem.

The Cubs need to re-sign former rookie senstation Henry Rowengartner...

Damn you, Marvin!

And great.  Wood can't go more than five starts without having some bullshit problem.

That movie was better than sex with two limber lesbian strippers. No Foolin'.

Damn you, Marvin!

And great.  Wood can't go more than five starts without having some bullshit problem.

Only if they can convince Chet Steadman and Phil Brickma to come in and work with the pitchers.

Brickma will shape up the bullpen in no time at all.