TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

What was the point of the last segment...

Well, JR did win...

I'm more interested in the point of the Pedigree video package. It's not like it's a new destructive move that needs to be put over. The whole package just seemed like it was HHH's own personal middle finger to the roster.

Plus the MSG crowd got two shows and got sent home happy. It was rather pointless but whatever, it sent them home happy.

That was horrible, he just beat the hell out of him for 10 minutes straight. The crowd was quiet as hell, no heat, nothing. They were pretty much out of it by the time Batista came out. That ruined Raw for me.

That was done poorly, they built up JR having to go in there by himself the whole night, they showed JR pacing back and forth, they showed JR nervously walking into the ring. You expected Batistas limo to show up right at the start and save JR...but instead predicatbly HHH beats the living s*** out of JR for what seemed like eternity. And than the end, you think JR gives a damn that he won the match? He just got beaten to a bloody damn pulp.

I never understand why they every once in a while just have JR get his ass kicked. I don't like the guy but it's pointless. JR will be back in the broadcast booth next week and this segment will have served on purpose or helped anyone except Vince probably in the back laughing at JR getting beat down.

I might have missed something, but with so many topics regarding Raw. why isn't there an offical Raw thread?

They were abolished due to bandwidth issues relating to a million people posting "OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!" all at the same time.

I might have missed something, but with so many topics regarding Raw. why isn't there an offical Raw thread?

The thread was moved to a different board to prevent this server from overloading and bringing the site down like every Monday it used to be in the WWE folder.

Least that's what they told the public.

Seems like to me beyond JR being there, it is the early setup for Triple H, FINALLY hitting the pedigree on Batista at Backlash for the pinfall victory, so I have a feeling he won't be able to hit him with it until then.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's just going to worse from here on with Triple H in my opinion. Since Mania he's making his own matches and being the only one allowed to fight handicap matches. The show is in high gear to put Triple H over right now.

I figure we're about a year away from every Raw being a Gauntlet match where Triple H squashes 30 guys every week.

I think the point was to prove that not even a limo driver can keep Batista away from facing off against HHH. Haha...what did he do? Take him out, Jack Bauer style? And Batista didn't bring the belt out to the ring, so how did it end up in his hand in the closing seconds?

Also, Bischoff announced a Benoit vs Edge LMS match, but also failed to mention WHEN it was taking place.

I think the point was to prove that not even a limo driver can keep Batista away from facing off against HHH. Haha...what did he do? Take him out, Jack Bauer style? And Batista didn't bring the belt out to the ring, so how did it end up in his hand in the closing seconds?

It almost looked like Batista got out of the drivers seat. Maybe, the limo driver fainted and Batista had to drive the limo to the arena.

Why did Lawler say JR had to face HHH tonight, or he'd be fired? Did I miss when Bischoff made the match?

Edited by Vern Gagne

You didn't know? Batista is a master of black magic. He turned the limo driver into a dress shirt with his evil powers and turned the chair into his belt.

Cause otherwise, I have no idea how his belt got there. Unless he gave it to JR for luck...which would make zero sense since he didn't come out with it either.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It almost looked like Batista got out of the drivers seat. Maybe, the limo driver fainted and Batista had to drive the limo to the arena.

Why did Lawler say JR had to face HHH tonight, or he'd be fired? Did I miss when Bischoff made the match?

They've basically given up on trying to make it look like Triple H doesn't run the show.

Well, HHH wants heat. You see, he hasn't been able to sustain any over the past 6 years and keeps on using every trick in the book to get it. HHH knows Vince is a mark for the pop, so as long as HHH gets heat he can find a reason to stay on top. Beating up on JR is some of the cheapest heat a wrestler can get. The fans at NYC knew this and didn't respond.

What HHH REALLY should have done was fuck Edge and cheat on Matt Hardy.

Good job Rudo, somewhere a 300 pound 17 yr old girl has just begun work on one of the most disturbing slash fictions ever written.

And Batista didn't bring the belt out to the ring, so how did it end up in his hand in the closing seconds?

Wasn't it JR's belt? I seem to remember HHH taking it off before Lawler went out there...

Well, they did get an MSG SuperShow, and maybe they got their RAW OFF TV main event. But, they DID BORE the hell out of THE MILLIONS watching at home.

Guest FromBeyondTheGrave
What was the point of the Chris Masters segment?

To have his own version of the Angle Invitational each week, but with a $1000 on the line instead of gold medals.

I truly don't get the point of that segment. I said going in "If HHH somehow jobs to JR via Batista run in I'm going to have alarms going off in my head." Well, he did. Do you seriously think he'd job to an announcer without getting SOMETHING in return? Like, oh, the title.

And Batista didn't bring the belt out to the ring, so how did it end up in his hand in the closing seconds?

Wasn't it JR's belt? I seem to remember HHH taking it off before Lawler went out there...

no it was definitely the World Title

In regards to Lawler saying JR would be fired - Lawler said he tried to talk JR out of it but JR didn't want to fight it because it could lead to him being fired.

Guest CronoT

Good job Rudo, somewhere a 300 pound 17 yr old girl has just begun work on one of the most disturbing slash fictions ever written.

:headbang:

Guest Hass of Pain

The HHH/Jim Ross segment did a great rating I am betting. It wasn't meant to be Flair/Steamboat, it was supposed to help build an angle which it did. Batista is being used perfectly. They could have sent him out there to work a fifteen minute match that the internet wouldn't have completely hated, but he would have been selling for eight minutes, potentially would have turned the short attention spanned New York crowd against him and it would have exposed him. The last thing you want to do with a monster face with average mic skills is put them in a long match or a interview segment each week. WCW actually got this right with Goldberg. WWE builds the fans interest the entire show to see Batista, he appears in the last five minutes, pops a big ratings and leaves the fans wanting more. That's how you build a monster babyface champion as a draw, you don't throw him out there in a 20 minute television main event every week because if you do he's going to get exposed, lose his heat and the title is going right back to HHH.

Tonight, the WWE spent ten minutes with HHH beating on the sympathetic figure that is Jim Ross while the crowd and likely viewers at home had their anticipation built and built for a save by Batista. Then Batista runs in, destroys HHH and the show ends with viewers wanting more. It made me want to see the rematch, and it didn't make HHH look stronger than Batista. It was smart booking all around, and it's the kind of booking that's going to sell pay-per-views. You can't have a **** match every week, but you have to keep building angles that will bring in the most important form of revenue that WWE has, pay-per-view buys. The Jim Ross/HHH angle was a good way to go.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It was terrible booking. You could've done the whole thing in 5 minutes. The crowd was completely dead and anyone who's watched wrestling for more than a year knew exactly what was going to happen.

It's the same kind of cheap heat bullshit that Triple H has been doing since 2002.

Guest Super Pissed Smark

Next week: Triple-H and a metal hammer against a box full of kittens.

Guest Hass of Pain
It was terrible booking.

Vince McMahon has kept the WWF/WWE successful for 21 years where all others to come and go have failed. With all due respect, I think he knows what he is doing when it comes to booking better than someone on the internet calling it "terrible".

There is nothing more productive that could have been done with that five minutes when it comes to the huge rating that it is going to pop, and at least they used the time towards promoting a pay-per-view rather than towards some boring midcard match that casuals viewers wouldn't even remember come next week.

Guest Salacious Crumb

Yeah, that company is real successful. What with the falling revenue and everything.