TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
JoeDirt

DOI reporting that Chris Candido has died...

poor siaki, it's not his fault. shit happens...it's not like he dropped him on his neck.

It's just weird how life works. Candido only was in the match because Kid Kash quit, and they thought Hoyt vs. Apollo by itself wouldn't be good enough.

Siaki is going to take this hard, no doubt, but hopefully he's able to move on. It's not going to be easy, though.

Steve Stone (Candido's partner in the IWA:MS):

When most people join the wrestling business there long term goal/dream is to make it in the WWE and make a living at it. For me the biggest goal/dream I had was to work with Chris Candido. Since the first Candido match I saw (which was a 1993 Smoky Mountain Wrestling Match) he was always my favorte wrestler. To meet him at the Tedd Petty was an honor and to see how nice of a guy and how down to earth he was was a breath of fresh air. My biggest dream came true when I got to team with my idol Chris Candido vs Ian Rotten and Dusty Rhodes. That was the most fun I've ever had and will always remember that moment until the day that I join Chris in heaven. If you didnt know Chris, he was genuine,caring and the funniest guy I ever knew. He could say something that had no reason to be funny and have a room cracking up. My condolences go out to his wife Tammy, family and friends.He will me missed by many. And to Chris, i know you can see this, I love you man and thank you for everything you've done for me, I'll never forget it

poor siaki, it's not his fault. shit happens...it's not like he dropped him on his neck.

It's just weird how life works. Candido only was in the match because Kid Kash quit, and they thought Hoyt vs. Apollo by itself wouldn't be good enough.

Siaki is going to take this hard, no doubt, but hopefully he's able to move on. It's not going to be easy, though.

I forgot about the kid kash thing.

So now we can blame the whole thing on Kid Kash.

SCAPEGOAT!

Guest Salacious Crumb

Watching the end of Impact was really weird, especially since there was so much focus on him. At least they managed to get in a spot to mention his death.

Guest Salacious Crumb

They open and closed the show with 1972-2005 pictures of him. They also ended in a moment of silence.

Did they do a 10 bell thing as well? Its going to be weird watching TNA today.

Guest Fook_Theta

Not to mention the entire fucking show was about Candido and his new role as a manager that gets his boys their titles.

The entire show was creepy. It is sad and happy to see Candido die holding onto the tag belts cutting atleast two amusing but good promos as the last thing he will ever professionally do.

This is really depressing to find out, especially since in the last year or so he got his life back together. I met him and Sunny a few years back and they were both very pleasant and nice.

More from the Observer site:

In lieu of flowers they would like donations for Chris's school for a Scholarship.

The wake is on Monday, May 2nd

2 to 4 PM and 6 to 9 PM

O'Brien Funeral Home (732) 449-6900

State Highway 35

New Bedford Road

Wall Township, NJ

Church Service is on Tuesday, May 3rd @ 9:30 AM

St. Catharine's Church

215 Essex Avenue

Spring Lake, NJ

DIRECTIONS

From the North: Take the Garden State Parkway Southbound to Exit 98 (Belmar, Manasquan, Point Pleasant). Exit Parkway and follow signs to Spring Lake which lead to Highway 34 heading south. At the first traffic circle, go three-quarters of the way around the circle, picking up Highway 524 east to Spring Lake. Continue east two miles. Turn right just after second traffic light onto Warren Avenue (before Wendy's) Stay on Warren Avenue 1.9 miles (through one traffic light and past the train station) to St. Catharine RC Church on your right.

From the West: Take Pennsylvania Turnpike to New Jersey Turnpike Northbound. Take New Jersey Turnpike to Exit 7A (Shore Points). Exit NJ Turnpike, pay toll and follow signs to I-195 East. Proceed East on I-195 approximately 30 miles and exit to Highway 34 South. At the first traffic circle, go three-quarters of the way around the circle, picking up Highway 524 east to Spring Lake. Continue east two miles Stay on Warren Avenue 1.9 miles (through one traffic light and past the train station) to St. Catharine RC Church on your right.

From the South: Take the Garden State Parkway Southbound to Exit 98 (Belmar, Manasquan, Point Pleasant). Exit Parkway and follow signs to Spring Lake which lead to Highway 34 heading south. Exit Parkway and follow signs to Spring Lake which lead to Highway 34 heading south. At the first traffic circle, go three-quarters of the way around the circle, picking up Highway 524 east to Spring Lake. Continue east two miles Turn right just after second traffic light onto Warren Avenue (before Wendy's) Stay on Warren Avenue 1.9 miles (through one traffic light and past the train station) to St. Catharine RC Church on your right.

St. Catherine's web site is, http://www.stcatherine-stmargaret.com/.

There is on the street parking in front of the church.

There is also a beautiful park across the street and the beach is a few blocks away.

I didn't get online at all yesterday, but all I knew was that he had broken his leg on Sunday at the PPV. Then I tuned into Impact and saw the graphic and was blown away. It came as a complete shock to me and watching the rest of Impact was just surreal. It was good to see him be so entertaining during the match and the final picture of him holding the tag belts with the smile on his face was great. It's sad that after he's gotten his life back together and makes a comeback that this happens. RIP Chris and condolences to all his friends, family, and fans.

I guess what comes so shocking is the fact that a lot of people expected him to die a few years ago but seemingly he's cleaned up his act and because of a surgery recovery gone wrong, he's dead at 33. When I first heard the news, I thought he ODed on the pain pills from his broken leg.

Can't help but feel so down even though I was never a fan of the guy (because I never watched him much.)

Especially reading what CM Punk had to say kind of hit me hard.

This honestly hasn't struck me yet, simply because I haven't seen Candido wrestle for a few years since I don't have access to IMPACT.

I feel for Siaki, who needs to be watched closely for quite a while.

I'd go to the funeral, but I don't think it'd be appropriate.

I'd go to the funeral, but I don't think it'd be appropriate.

I don't live anywhere near NJ, but i feel the same way.

Fans shouldn't go.

Guest jumpingbombangel

Why would it be bad to go if you're just a fan? Wouldn't they have kept all that info to themselves and the circle of family and friends if they didn't want people to attend? If you cared about the guy, then you should go and pay your final respects. If not, then don't go.

meh it's just not for me. If I didn't know them personally i wouldn't go.

But it did say something about donations. Anyone have any more info on that?

Guest BobbyWhioux

This is so surreal and sad and creepy, watching Impact this week.

Seeing those "get well soon Candido" signs in the crowd especially.

Like a punch in the gut...

Why would it be bad to go if you're just a fan? Wouldn't they have kept all that info to themselves and the circle of family and friends if they didn't want people to attend? If you cared about the guy, then you should go and pay your final respects. If not, then don't go.

Well, you have to keep in mind that there are probably a lot of wrestlers who Chris has worked with over the years who his family might not be able to reach out to but who read the Observer site. So that may be why Dave gave directions.

I'd guess that maybe someone'll be organising some sort of tribute show (ala Owen) or dedicating a show to Chris to do something for fans, rather than expecting them to turn up for the funeral. I'd imagine this year's IWA:MS TPI Tournament would be dedicated to Chris at least.

Guest nokia

No Gimmicks Needed Candido will be remembered for the love of this business we all want to be a part of

This hurts and sucks at the same time

Hope someone watching over Tammy & Siaki 24/7

Thanks Chris...

Never saw much of his work other than his mainstream stuff but he came across like a really likeable, easygoing guy. Sucks that shitty things happen to good people. Just a tragic way to go considering the circumstances. Prayers to his family/friends and I also hope that someone is watching over Tammy/Siaki.

I may have the chance to go to the funeral, but like others have said, it feels wrong. Imagine if a fan marked out to the appearance of other wrestling personalities....lol.

Well, not sure yet. I MAY Go.

Guest jm29195

Jesus, I've just got back on the net after being away for a week and find that this has happened, was only watching him get diamond cut at Destination X this morning, not realising that he had passed on, this really is a shitty business sometimes.......:(