TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Denny's in trouble

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3159637

Wow, racism from Denny's-haven't heard THAT before. Then again, this is Florida... (no offense to anyone from Florida who posts on TSM.)

While that's really shitty, $4 mil a piece? Can we pass some fucking tort reform please? If some asshole called me a stupid mic pollock, I'd feel entitled to about $100 and a kick in the nuts. Jesus Christ. Some guy called me a bad name so I never have to work again for the rest of my life! I'm starting to hate this country.

They'll probably just send the money back to Al Qaeda

The new terrorist plot in the US...

Next we will have a couple fat ass Arabs sue McDonald's for making them fat. Then another one will spill coffee on his crotch and sue. I don't know if they'll try for finding a finger in the chili, though...

Well, to be fair, this is probably the longest stretch of time without such an incident from Denny's

Can't believe no one made this reference yet, but:

"I'd expect this type of language at Denny's, but not here"

Guest MikeSC
While that's really shitty, $4 mil a piece? Can we pass some fucking tort reform please? If some asshole called me a stupid mic pollock, I'd feel entitled to about $100 and a kick in the nuts. Jesus Christ. Some guy called me a bad name so I never have to work again for the rest of my life! I'm starting to hate this country.

Let's raise taxes on contingency fees.

Big time.

-=Mike

Guest MikeSC
http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/nation/3159637

Wow, racism from Denny's-haven't heard THAT before. Then again, this is Florida... (no offense to anyone from Florida who posts on TSM.)

Why not wait until we have something more than the allegations of people SEEKING $28,000,000?

-=Mike

...You know, there's an outside chance they're lying. I know, we've never had somebody make up a story about a restaurant chain that was a total fabrication to try and make some money. NEVER happens...

I'm sure somewhere sometime MikeSC has insulted me. As a result of the extreme distress and emotional trauma, I'm seeking $10 million (USD) plus $50 million for pain and suffering.

Edited by Highland

As a result of extreme distress and emotional trauma, I'm seeking $40 million from the WWE and TNA folders, plus $15 million for bringing down my IQ 15 points to a putrid 153.

I went to Village Inn last night at 02:30. The place was filled with the worst kind: yuppies, fags, weedheads, etc. The food was pretty good, though. A table full of about ten drunk yuppies kept acting really stupid, like yelling and laughing and cussing. The waitress was trying to get rid of them by telling them she'd be right with them, and then never coming. We came in AFTER them and got our food right after their order was taken!

Maybe she should have told them that they don't serve John Edwardses there...

So...being denied the right to eat a Grand Slam omelette is worth $4 million?

I gotta check this omelet then.

(The one time I went to Denny's, it seemed slightly expensive compared to the usual fast food)

I went to Village Inn last night at 02:30. The place was filled with the worst kind: yuppies, fags, weedheads, etc. The food was pretty good, though. A table full of about ten drunk yuppies kept acting really stupid, like yelling and laughing and cussing. The waitress was trying to get rid of them by telling them she'd be right with them, and then never coming. We came in AFTER them and got our food right after their order was taken!

LessonInMachismo--raconteur par excellence.

I went to Village Inn last night at 02:30. The place was filled with the worst kind: yuppies, fags, weedheads, etc.  The food was pretty good, though.  A table full of about ten drunk yuppies kept acting really stupid, like yelling and laughing and cussing.  The waitress was trying to get rid of them by telling them she'd be right with them, and then never coming.  We came in AFTER them and got our food right after their order was taken!

LessonInMachismo--raconteur par excellence.

I can speak Spanish. I know a smattering of Arabic, Urdu, and Italian. I know a little Hebrew. But I never learned anything of German or FRENCH. This handy tool will aid me here:

http://www.freetranslation.com/

Or not...

I dont know where you live, but 4 million dollars isnt nowhere near enough for you not to work again for the rest of your life, unless you are like 60.

And I'd jump in their boat and sue. You mean people actually LIKE working for a living?

I dont know where you live, but 4 million dollars isnt nowhere near enough for you not to work again for the rest of your life, unless you are like 60.

I'm thirty.

Assuming I'll live until I'm 80, $4 million would give me $80,000 a year.

Of course, by 2055, $80,000 a year might be minimum wage.

I can speak Spanish.  I know a smattering of Arabic, Urdu, and Italian.  I know a little Hebrew.

So worldy!

Yet you still use the word fag.

But I never learned anything of German or FRENCH.

They're all English words (derived from French).

(see American Heritage Dictionary)

Guest BDC

I'll sue Denny's for never being slandered against, which is discrimination. I'll take more damn money than I could ever know what to do with.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I'm thirty.

Assuming I'll live until I'm 80, $4 million would give me $80,000 a year.

Of course, by 2055, $80,000 a year might be minimum wage.

You could make some sound investments and stretch that 4 million out a lot more.

Guest MikeSC
So...being denied the right to eat a Grand Slam omelette is worth $4 million?

Hell, I think Denny's should be praised for community service in sparing ANYBODY their food.

-=Mike

Moons Over My Hammy and the grasshopper blender blaster are both worthwhile, or at least were back in the day. In my old age I've turned into a Waffle House man.

Guest MikeSC
Moons Over My Hammy and the grasshopper blender blaster are both worthwhile, or at least were back in the day. In my old age I've turned into a Waffle House man.

Your tastebuds haven't risen up to slaughter you yet?

-=Mike

...IHOP is the only way to go. Good God, man...

Moons Over My Hammy and the grasshopper blender blaster are both worthwhile, or at least were back in the day.  In my old age I've turned into a Waffle House man.

Your tastebuds haven't risen up to slaughter you yet?

-=Mike

...IHOP is the only way to go. Good God, man...

In my first year of college, a journalism student wrote a column wondering why Canada didn't have IHOP. Denny's and Waffle House are still pretty good, but give me a mom and pop greasy spoon any day.

Hussan better reference this the next time he's on the mic.

IHOP tends to be better quality food overall, but they are more expensive, some of them aren't open 24 hours, and the whole restaurant kinda has that "corporate" feel that you never get at a grungy little place like Waffle House. Of course, I've been present at more than one incident at the Awful Waffle where police were called to haul a late-night troublemaker away, but them's the chances ya takes.

Of course, I've been present at more than one incident at the Awful Waffle where police were called to haul a late-night troublemaker away, but them's the chances ya takes.

I thought that was half the point of going.