TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black Lushus

One and Only Star Wars Geekiness Thread

I was checking the worldwide grossing for the movie and I noticed that ROTS is yet to open in Japan. Anybody know why it's taking this long for that particular country? If past history and current movie appeal is any indication, ROTS could gross about $100 million in Japan when it's all said and done. That could put the movie in the $900-950 million range for worldwide gross at the end of its run. Outstanding.

It should be huge in Japan, think about how they market things. Even non-fans were growing really excited going into this way back when on May 19th...

I always thought they dropped the ball on the frist three by only having Carrie Fisher from the cast on the commentary. They should have had Hamil and Ford as well.

That "to-be-determined" music video is probably a new version of 'Battle of the Heros'.

Incidently, Lance Storm gave his two cents on Ep. 3 on his website, and stated that Maul should have stayed around throughout the three movies, instead of killing him off and bringing in Dooku. This has probably been debated already here, but what do you all think? Should Maul have stuck around, or should Dooku been introduced in the first movie, or what?

I think they should've kept Maul around for a while, at least. Make the Sith seem like more of a threat; they could easily have had Count Dooku simply be Palpatine's political pawn and play much the same role (minus all the Sith stuff, obviously).

I always thought they dropped the ball on the frist three by only having Carrie Fisher from the cast on the commentary. They should have had Hamil and Ford as well.

That "to-be-determined" music video is probably a new version of 'Battle of the Heros'.

Incidently, Lance Storm gave his two cents on Ep. 3 on his website, and stated that Maul should have stayed around throughout the three movies, instead of killing him off and bringing in Dooku. This has probably been debated already here, but what do you all think? Should Maul have stuck around, or should Dooku been introduced in the first movie, or what?

I get the feeling Ford hates Star Wars, but Hamill would've been great.

I've always disagreed that they should've kept Maul around. Sure he looked cool, but he was really just a glorified button-man for Godfather Palpatine. He wouldn't have been able to carry the scenes the way Christopher Lee did as Dooku. Besides, you needed to get Obi-Wan over as a legit warrior by having him off a Sith.

Hard to say. He does hate ROTJ because he's said that, but I've never heard him talk poorly about the other two even if he does badmouth Lucas from time to time. Yet he acts pretty much the same way about Indiana Jones and we know he likes it, because he keeps pushing to get a fourth one made. Lets face it, Ford stinks in front of the camera when he isn't in character and it is tough to find out what he really thinks. He always speaks in this same monotone voice and you can't get any read on him.

Dooku was a far more interesting character. If they had shown him maybe in a cameo role in the first one trying to rally around some anti-corruption standards for the Senate, then in the second one explain his role against the Senate a little more (Maybe show a televised speech at that bar, talking about how the Republic no longer stands for what it used to), he would have been much better. Maul is pretty 1-dimensional when you look at it (I hate Jedi! Grr!). Dooku gives you the full 3D.

Spider-Man 2 is within reach this weekend or monday at the latest, so look for ROTS to be #8 on the All-Time list by then. ROTK will be bumped a notch more towards the end of ROTS's run, as I expect the movie to end up firmly at #7 with over $382 million at least. Too bad there's no IMAX release for it, as Batman Begins has made a ton of money there, so it would've reached $400 million with ease. Still, with all the movies due for a 3-D re-release by 2007 I certainly expect a new shifting of positions in the All-Time ranks. Maybe the majority of the films within the Top 10? There's 3 of them already there (ANH, TPM, ROTS) so it's a big possibility.

Guest Fook

Man, how many of those top grossing movies are from the last ten years alone?

I remember when ET was tops followed by Star Wars (the re-release in 97 pushed it over ET), and Jurassic Park rounding out the top 3.

Dooku was a far more interesting character. If they had shown him maybe in a cameo role in the first one trying to rally around some anti-corruption standards for the Senate, then in the second one explain his role against the Senate a little more (Maybe show a televised speech at that bar, talking about how the Republic no longer stands for what it used to), he would have been much better. Maul is pretty 1-dimensional when you look at it (I hate Jedi! Grr!). Dooku gives you the full 3D.

Justice/Powerplay and myself will always agree on this one thing, if nothing else.

Hard to say. He does hate ROTJ because he's said that, but I've never heard him talk poorly about the other two even if he does badmouth Lucas from time to time. Yet he acts pretty much the same way about Indiana Jones and we know he likes it, because he keeps pushing to get a fourth one made. Lets face it, Ford stinks in front of the camera when he isn't in character and it is tough to find out what he really thinks. He always speaks in this same monotone voice and you can't get any read on him.

I fairness, I've never heard him come out and say that he hates Star Wars. However, I can't say I've heard him really ever say anything good about it (iother than he had fun making the first one), and he never wants to talk about it. Combine that with how he lobbied to get killed off...well, its not hard to get the impression he hates it, or at least doesn't like it.

I'd love to see grosses adjusted to actual comparisons.

Ask and you shall receive:

All-Time adjusted chart

EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI! EMPIRE BEAT JEDI!

I noticed the Sith Snapshot this week features your hero and mine, Viceroy Nute Gunray, and his trusty sidekick, Rune Haako.

ep3nutegunrayrunehaakopublicit.jpg

Doomed Conspirators

Over a decade after their initial pact with a Sith Lord, Rune Haako (Sandy Thompson) and Nute Gunray (Silas Carson) finally get what's coming to them.

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/explor...ap20050715.html

Nute: Kill him, Skywalker. He was the brains behind your wife's assasination attempt!

Rune: WHAT? THAT WAS Y--*slash*

Just to let everyone know, the Lego Star Wars game for PS2 and Xbox will be on sale for $20 at Circuit City starting next Sunday. It's an incredibly fun game, but is too short and easy to warrant the full purchase price, but at $20, it's well worth buying. Just in time for my birthday!

Guest Essa_Angelico

Has anyone checked out the old Driods cartoon recently, what with it being released again.

I watched two of the droid tapes that i got in the early 90's(The battle against Sisse Fromm and The Great Heep). The great heep 2 parter still seems okay to me, very dated but ok.

What episodes are on the dvd?