TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Black Lushus

One and Only Star Wars Geekiness Thread

It sounds like you need to read Peter David's New Frontier series of Star Trek books.

I know, there are so many, its hard to find the first ones. I recently lucked into the SCE books, finding a book store that had the first four.

It sounds like you need to read Peter David's New Frontier series of Star Trek books.

I know, there are so many, its hard to find the first ones. I recently lucked into the SCE books, finding a book store that had the first four.

So those are good? I noticed that Sonya Gomez is in them. She was the neurotic ensign who spilled hot chocolate on Picard.

New Frontier is the only Star Trek series I haven't touched. One of these days I'm gonna pick up every damn book, cuz Calhoun seems like a wicked character.

It's sort of weird. I like Star Trek just fine, but with Star Wars, you had 6 hours of film and that was it. Lots of room to expand. I think Star Trek hit every sci-fi plot known to man between its various series and movies. Is the Star Trek EU more space opera type stuff? (i.e. more like Star Wars?)

It's sort of weird. I like Star Trek just fine, but with Star Wars, you had 6 hours of film and that was it. Lots of room to expand. I think Star Trek hit every sci-fi plot known to man between its various series and movies. Is the Star Trek EU more space opera type stuff? (i.e. more like Star Wars?)

Perhaps a new thread? I'd be happy to answer the problem without fear of being lynched :huh:

Has anybody finished Betrayal by Aaron Allston?

Yeah, I finisheed it in a few days. Great book, and a great kick off to the new series. I'm looking forward to seeing how things develop

with Jacen becoming a new Sith Lord, how his and Tenel Kal's child fits in, and what Ben (or Luke and Mara) will do when tey realise exactly what Jacen has done so far, in regards to messing with Ben's mind).

I wouldn't call it a great book. It was very subpar compared to Allston's earlier Star Wars work. To be honest, I was quite bored through the first third or so. I predicted who the dark figure was right off the bat, so there wasn't any kind of payoff, but the end was very interesting, nonetheless. I may or may not read the next book. I don't know much about the author. I will wait for some reviews.

Go, buy and read the Rogue Squadron series RIGHT NOW.

Both Stackpole and Allston did a fantastic job with it.

There isn't ENOUGH hype for those books.

Agreed. Basically the concept was designed around a computer game and because of that, IMO unfairly, it kind of gets short shrift. I would put those nine books up against any other books in the EU.