TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

Worked in 4 Feds...worked in only one fed

This includes WWE, WCW, NWA, and ECW.

Shawn Micheals has only been in the WWE.

The Rock has only been in the WWE.

Jerry Lynn has been in all four feds.

Shane Douglas, Steiner Brothers, Ron Simmons, Raven (if TNA counts...) all of them. I want to say Stone Cold Steve Austin was all of them but I'm not sure about NWA...I don't believe he was.

Kane's a WWF/E boy. Ditto with Angle.

Guest LooneyTune

No option of AWA, a promotion that was quite larger than ECW, which was nothing more than a glorified Indy promotion?

Sid Vicious has been in all 4 (NWA 1989-1990; WCW 1990-1991, 1993, 1999-2000), WWF (1991-1992, 1995, 1996-1997), and ECW for a show or two.

Guest LooneyTune

I was just wondering why you selected ECW over AWA. :P I can see why though, since AWA has been gone since 1991, and thus not many people have probably been in that, WWF, NWA, and WCW.

Bam Bam Bigelow was also in all 4. WWF from 1987-88; 1993-1995, NWA from 1988-89, WCW from 1998-99, and ECW from 1996-97.

Sting was (almost) in just WCW, but he was part of the NWA before Turner told them to fuck off and finally made the transition.

I'm ignoring most wrestlers WWE has called up in the last 2, since most of them haven't been around for most of the promotions to be around.

I think Shawn Michaels was in the NWA or AWA before he came to the WWE not sure though.

The Road Warriors were in the WWE, AWA, WCW & NWA

Guest LooneyTune

For not knowing that Michaels was in the AWA, you must watch a 6 hour tape titled "The Very Worst of Giant Gonzalez."

Speaking of HBK, his former partner Marty Jannetty has been in the AWA, WWF, ECW, and WCW. No idea if he was in any verisons of the NWA in the 80's before going to AWA, though.

Mick Foley

Chris Candido (if you count TNA)

Terry Funk

Scott Hall

Dusty Rhodes

Terry Gordy

Steve Williams

All in the first four mentioned (NWA, WWF/E, WCW, ECW)

For not knowing that Michaels was in the AWA, you must watch a 6 hour tape titled "The Very Worst of Giant Gonzalez."

I said that I thought he was in the NWA or AWA, I just wasnt 100% on it. Ironicly enough though, about that 6 hour tape called "The Very Worst of Giant Gonzalez" could also be called "The Very Best of Giant Gonzalez", and at the same time "The Very Worse of The Undertaker"

Guest LooneyTune

I'm guessing that includes the NWA versions from the 1910's-1980's (and throughout the 90's when it was no longer part of WCW), since the title lineage is the same (I think)?

Guest LooneyTune

No, I just wanted to make sure when you mentioned the NWA includes TNA post, because otherwise none of my guys for 4 promotions (minus Jannetty) would count.

Guest MikeSC
I'm guessing that includes the NWA versions from the 1910's-1980's (and throughout the 90's when it was no longer part of WCW), since the title lineage is the same (I think)?

Lineage only goes back to 1948, actually.

Speaking of HBK, his former partner Marty Jannetty has been in the AWA, WWF, ECW, and WCW. No idea if he was in any verisons of the NWA in the 80's before going to AWA, though.

He and Michaels were, I believe, both in the Central States territory, which was an NWA affiliate.

-=Mike

Guest LooneyTune

I thought the title that Jim Ross kept refering to in the NWA/WCW from 1988-1990's was the one that went as far back as 1905. That's the last time I trust J.R.

Guest MikeSC
I thought the title that Jim Ross kept refering to in the NWA/WCW from 1988-1990's was the one that went as far back as 1905. That's the last time I trust J.R.

That requires a huge stretch (when the NWA N. American Title was brought to the WWF for a while, they claimed the World Title stretched back to Abe Lincoln, so you can't really take it seriously).

The current NWA World Title is -- and this is even arguable since Flair's brief run with the belt after WCW left the NWA fucked up the lineage --- can be traced back to Lou Thesz beating Orville Brown (by forfeit, I think) in 1948 to create the Nat'l Wrestling Alliance World Title.

-=Mike

Guest jm29195

Jimmy Snuka- beat Jarrett on Nitro in Jan 00, was in very early ECW, WWF, not sure about nwa....

Rick Rude was in all 3

Eric Bischoff ditto

Guest LooneyTune

Bischoff was in AWA, WCW, and WWE. That's pretty good I think.

Guest MikeSC
Jimmy Snuka- beat Jarrett on Nitro in Jan 00, was in very early ECW, WWF, not sure about nwa....

Rick Rude was in all 3

Eric Bischoff ditto

Snuka was NWA US Champ in 1979 and NWA World Tag Champ a few times.

-=Mike

Lawler has been in the AWA, WWF, ECW...and he was at least involved in the old NWA at some point. Just missing WCW.

Ricky Morton: ECW, WWF, WCW, NWA...was he in the AWA?

Rick Martel and Perfect have been in AWA, WWF and WCW. I can't remember Martel ever doing an NWA or ECW gig though.

Scott Hall has been in all 5, hasn't he?

The Road Warriors have been in all four - ECW, WCW/NWA, WWE, AWA

Scott Hall has been in all four - WWE, WCW, ECW, AWA

Marty Jannetty has been in all four - ECW, WWE, AWA, WCW

Rick Martel and Perfect have been in AWA, WWF and WCW. I can't remember Martel ever doing an NWA or ECW gig though.

Morton appeared at that huge "Supercard" that had the Von Erich/Lawler bloodbath main event, but I don't think he was officially in the AWA.

Martel wrestled in some of the mixed AWA/NWA cards in the mid-80's (the big one at Comiskey & a time-limit draw with Flair when they were both world champs both come to mind) but I don't think he was ever officially in the NWA.

EDIT: swan pointed out that I fucked up and put AWA when I meant to put NWA in that last sentence ... that's what I get for posting while I'm in a meeting at work.

Martel wrestled in some of the mixed AWA/NWA cards in the mid-80's (the big one at Comiskey & a time-limit draw with Flair when they were both world champs both come to mind) but I don't think he was ever officially in the AWA.

You mean you think he was never in the NWA right?

Well:

"In 1980, Martel came to the NWA Pacific-Northwest, and immediately became one of their main stars. On March 22nd, 1980, he beat Buddy Rose to become the Heavyweight Champion. A few days later, Martel, teamed with "Rowdy" Roddy Piper, won the Tag Team Titles as well, beating the Kiwi Sheepherders. He held the two titles together until May, when they lost the tag team titles back to the Kiwi Sheepherders. In August 1980, when the Sheepherders left the NWA P.NW, Martel and Piper again were the Tag-Team champs. But, on August 16th, 1980, Martel lost a "Loser Leaves Town" match with Buddy Rose, forcing him to lose both the Tag-Team title (which Piper found a new partner for) and the Championship title. Martel then went to the WWF. "

Guest MikeSC

Morton appeared at that huge "Supercard" that had the Von Erich/Lawler bloodbath main event, but I don't think he was officially in the AWA.

Martel wrestled in some of the mixed AWA/NWA cards in the mid-80's (the big one at Comiskey & a time-limit draw with Flair when they were both world champs both come to mind) but I don't think he was ever officially in the AWA.

I believe the Rock 'n' Roll Express and Midnight Rockers had a brief program for the AWA World Tag Titles when the Rockers ran as heels briefly in 1988.

Oh, and HHH was in WCW.

-=Mike

Easy one for one promotion only:

Triple H.

Came to WWE...and now WON'T...GO...AWAY.

Sorry, venting there.

Um, you do know that HHH was in WCW before right...

so he isnt WWF/E only...

** "Flyboy" Rocco Rock

- NWA Starrcade 1990, NWA Clash of the Champions in 1990 (one before Starrcade '90) as "Colonel DeKlerk"

- ECW w/ Grunge as Public Enemy

- WCW w/ Grunge as Public Enemy

- WWF w/ Grunge as Public Enemy

** Brian Pillman

- NWA, WCW, ECW, WWF

** Johnny Gunn aka Tom Brandi

WCW, ECW, WWF

Terry Funk - NWA, WWF, ECW, WCW

Cactus Jack (Manson) - NWA, WCW, ECW, WWF

Tracy Smothers - NWA (Southern Boys), WCW (Young Pistols), ECW (FBI), WWF (Freddie Joe Floyd)

Guest Salacious Crumb

I think it's safe to say anyone who's career started in the 70s or early 80s spent time in the NWA.

Road Warriors are also the only team to hold the AWA/WCW/WWF Tag Titles.

Curt Hennig appeared in AWA/NWA TNA/WCW/WWF