TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vern Gagne

This week in Baseball

Gather around y'all it's time for this week in Baseball!

Twins at Orioles Mon-Wed. Twins have their three 3 best starters going, and we'll see if Mauer and Morneau can continue to swing hot bats.

Roger Clemens vs. AJ Burnett tomorrow (tonight?) in Florida.

Tommy Hutton and Rich Waltz have been creaming themselves about it on the air for nearly a week now.

The Yanks have had 18 scoreless innings in a row, getting a CG SO from Mussina Saturday, and today, err, May 8, Kevin Brown finally comes to life and the Yanks win a series for the first time in forever.

Monday, it's Randy Johnson vs. ex-mates Seattle in the Bronx.

Guest SpiderFan

Jays go against KC and Cleveland this week, and hopefully we can pick up some wins to make up for getting swept by the White Sox.

I hope Zaun's ok, too. I haven't heard any updates on him :(

edited for accuracy.

And for the record, since Abreu is no longer engaged, my girlfriend has given me permission to sleep with him.

Guest StylesMark

Johnson vs Meche tonight for the Yanks.

We can't have a problem beating Seattle, right?

Guest StylesMark

Tonight is the night that Cano starts producing...

Or is tht tomorrow night?

I'm sure the radar gun is a little juiced, but if it isn't then AJ Burnett has thrown 8 pitches at 100 mph in the first inning.

Guest Brian
As soon as the ESPN announcers get done blowing Jeter's defensive abilities, he boots a grounder up the middle from the slow Adrian Beltre.

It was really funny watching the M's announcing try to convince themselves it should have been a hit. How desperate can these boneheads get.

Guest StylesMark

Jaret Wright may begin rehabbing tomorrow. He's got to be better than Henn/Wang.

Jaret Wright may begin rehabbing tomorrow. He's got to be better than Henn/Wang.

I'll take Wang. Atleast he can get through six innings.

Guest StylesMark

I think Wright could be decent, but he sure hasn't show it yet. Matsui is doing a little better.

Edit: And as I type that, Johnson reinjures his groin, possibly, and the extent is not known.

Guest OSIcon

Cabrera is reaching the upper 90's consitently tonight on his fastball and is throwing a ton of strikes. With Sidney having a couple of good stars recently, the O's rotation is really on a roll right now. Which is a good thing since they've had a little trouble scoring a lot of runs after the ultra-hot start.