TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

And the next villain for the Batman series will be

Guest El Satanico

I agree that Shirley Walker's theme is better, but Elfman's is also great.

I have no problem with people thinking Elfman's is the best. However, I do have a problem with people who refuse to accept something other than Elfman, including the Begins score.

Even if they're saying the previous four never happened, we've seen them. Batman has plenty of villains without using the same old over and over again. Plus, I really hate the stupid idea of using two villains a movie. They should take a clue from Spiderman and develope one good villain.

Guest Essa_Angelico

That's funny because the next spider-man will have more than one villain.

The two-villains work when one villain make up for the shortcomings of another which is why Scarecrow/Ra's will work.

So is of half the second movie gona be normal Dent working with Batman and then getting turned into two-face or will that happen at the end and maybe set-up the vilain for the third movie?

Guest El Satanico

Two Face deserves a new portrayal and Joker is too major to not do again. Begins has 4 or 5 villians involved, with Ras/Scarecrow being the main two.

The article says Harvey won't become Two-Face until the third movie at the earliest. The article says he helps catch Joker in the second film.

Guest JMA

I'm wondering how they'll do the Joker's origin. Or perhaps they'll just have him "appear" and keep his past a secret.

Two Face deserves a new portrayal and Joker is too major to not do again. Begins has 4 or 5 villians involved, with Ras/Scarecrow being the main two.

The article says Harvey won't become Two-Face until the third movie at the earliest. The article says he helps catch Joker in the second film.

who are the other ones?

Guest SpiderFan

who are the other ones?

Carmine Falcone, Henri Ducard, Commisioner Loeb (who is corrupt) and Joe Chill, although I'm not sure Chill appears in any other scenes except the origin one

Guest TheLastBoyscout
Fuck Jack, I don't want him doing it again. Jack's performance was good and entertaining, but I want a darker more serious psychopathic Joker. Jack's portrayal was too comical

Doing The Joker as a complete raving lunatic defeats the purpose of doing The Joker. Everything the Joker does HAS to laced with an extremely evil sense of humor. The first Batman film, for the most part, got that aspect right as far as The Joker goes.

Guest TheLastBoyscout
But they already used Joker and Two Face and killed them both. What are they doing, saying the first four films never happened?

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? That's exactly what they're doing. Although I enjoyed certain parts of all four Batman movies, they were all pretty awful depictions of Batman. I can't believe people praise Elfman's score for the first two movies either. Are people mixing up the theme from the animated series with Elfman's? They are two completely different themes.

Elfman's stuff is (for the most part) better than what the show had. With TAS every episode had a different theme in addition to recurring villain themes and such. But they all evolved stylistically from Elfman's approach to the matierial. Walker was doing Elfman-lite.

But they already used Joker and Two Face and killed them both. What are they doing, saying the first four films never happened?

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? That's exactly what they're doing. Although I enjoyed certain parts of all four Batman movies, they were all pretty awful depictions of Batman. I can't believe people praise Elfman's score for the first two movies either. Are people mixing up the theme from the animated series with Elfman's? They are two completely different themes.

Elfman's stuff is (for the most part) better than what the show had. With TAS every episode had a different theme in addition to recurring villain themes and such. But they all evolved stylistically from Elfman's approach to the matierial. Walker was doing Elfman-lite.

Each show had a different theme? Maybe the instruments changed for different episodes but there was only one Batman theme. I also don't see how it was similar to Elfman's. Just listen to them. I asked one of my friends to whistle "the Batman theme" from the movies and he started whistling the fucking theme from the animated series. He was a big fan of both as a kid and hearing him whistle that theme really pissed me off because if one person can make that mistake and claim to be a huge fan of the Batman movies and the animated series, then there are possibly others making the same huge mistake.

Also, I'm sure most of you know this but when I talk about the theme from the animated series, I'm not talking about the theme from the opening because that one is clearly based off of Elfman's score.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

Each show had a different theme? Maybe the instruments changed for different episodes but there was only one Batman theme. I also don't see how it was similar to Elfman's. Just listen to them. I asked one of my friends to whistle "the Batman theme" from the movies and he started whistling the fucking theme from the animated series. He was a big fan of both as a kid and hearing him whistle that theme really pissed me off because if one person can make that mistake and claim to be a huge fan of the Batman movies and the animated series, then there are possibly others making the same huge mistake.

Also, I'm sure most of you know this but when I talk about the theme from the animated series, I'm not talking about the theme from the opening because that one is clearly based off of Elfman's score.

I was talking about the scores themselves. There's more to a show's music than just the opening titles.

Speaking of opening themes, Walker did a subpar one when the show shifted to The Batman and Robin Adventures.

Guest TheLastBoyscout

I want to make it clear that every episode DID have it's own theme. They were almost always played over the title card and the big action scenes. Go back and watch a few of the shows and hear for yourself.

Ok, now I know what you were referencing before, but there is one "Batman" theme that is played throughout the series. It's the theme used in the opening of Mask of the Phantasm. I don't remember much from the others except that I liked the themes for Two-Face and Clayface.

Guest El Satanico
laced with an extremely evil sense of humor.

The stuff he does is only funny in his own demented mind, but it should be seen as sick and twisted to people that don't share his warped mindset.

I'm not saying get rid of his evil sense of humor, just that I'd like to see a portrayal that's not as comical as Jack's.

Guest El Satanico
Begins has 4 or 5 villians involved

who are the other ones?

Carmine Falcone, Henri Ducard, Commisioner Loeb and Joe Chill, although I'm not sure Chill appears in any other scenes except the origin one

there's also Richard Earle, who's the board member trying to take Wayne Industries out from under the absentee Bruce. Victor Zsasz also appears in the movie, but he's in the background and not part of the story.

For Joker, I definetly agree with Crispin Glover. He definetly has the dementedness down, plus even a bit of humanity.

As for Two-Face, I'll throw this one out: Christopher Walken. Thoughts?

Guest El Satanico

I love Walken, but he's a bit old for this Two-Face.

I believe Nolan has Guy Pearce as his #1 choice.

Guest Essa_Angelico

RobotJerk: Yeah I've heard that there will be two villians. A confirmed main villain is the Sandman, so I hope to jebus there's another villain with brains to counter the simple brawn of the Sandman. (Goblin 2? Mysterio?)

I would like it if the the joker played it dark, but still kept his brand of humour.