TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

And the next villain for the Batman series will be

Well, that makes sense. Hopefully Dent will be more like TAS Dent as opposed to (almost) nonexistent first movie Dent (poor Billy Dee)...

Funny (odd) thing about that: Richard Moll (voice of Two-Face in TAS) joked about how it'd be funny if he replaced Billy Dee as the movie Dent.

Guest El Satanico

So who does everyone want cast as Mista J?

A popular pick lately has been Adrian Brody

Guest El Satanico

The fans that want Hamill are clearly focused in on his voice work and nothing else.

I just hope this Joker is different than Jack's portrayal. I want a more psychotic joker.

Adrien Brody has sucked in pretty much everything I've ever seen him in, though I didn't see his oscar performance in The Pianist. No way in hell do I want that ugly fuck stinking up a Batman movie.

I'd like to see Mark Hamill too but it won't happen. He's too firmly viewed as Luke to be seen onscreen as the Joker, though I think his vocal performance as Mr. J on the cartoon is the definitive version of the character. That said, they have to be careful here since Nicholson is so firmly etched in people's minds as the big screen Joker that whoever it is needs to be REALLY good. I will second the Tim Roth notion, it would team him in a movie with Oldman again.

The fans that want Hamill are clearly focused in on his voice work and nothing else.

Probably. But if you've seen his work as The Prankster in The Flash, you'd know he can pull off the real Joker. Still, he's a bit old to play the part, so go the Lucas route and hire a faceless stuntman to be the physical person, and have Hamill provide the voice.

Guest El Satanico

Fuck Jack, I don't want him doing it again. Jack's performance was good and entertaining, but I want a darker more serious psychopathic Joker. Jack's portrayal was too comical

Guest SpiderFan

After seeing him in Sin City, I think Benecio Del Toro could pull off Joker. Or get Andrew Koenig from Batman: Dead End to do it. He had the look and the pyschotic attidude down.

I loved how the first Batman series had one of the biggest continuity errors of all time with Harvey Dent going from black to white.

That's not a continuity error unless it was in the same movie.

Cedric the Entertainer should play the Joker.

Two things:

Goyer says he and Nolan think killing The Joker in Batman ('89) was a mistake, making them infinately more brilliant than Burton and Sam Hamm, et al.

I want to see Crispin Glover as The Joker.

I don't know about Harley. On one end, she could bring some lightness to the plot, which I don't want. On another end, the lightness she brings could be outweighed by The Joker constantly throwing her out of moving cars, only to have her come crawling back.

After seeing him in Sin City, I think Benecio Del Toro could pull off Joker. Or get Andrew Koenig from Batman: Dead End to do it. He had the look and the pyschotic attidude down.

Reading that made me think, what about Nick Stahl? Too young, maybe, but that might not be that much of a problem.

Guest pinnacleofallthingsmanly

Am I mistaken or did somebody recommend that TERRIBLE actor from that CORNY fan movie that had Batman fighting the Joker, Predators and Aliens?

But they already used Joker and Two Face and killed them both. What are they doing, saying the first four films never happened?

Is that supposed to be sarcastic? That's exactly what they're doing. Although I enjoyed certain parts of all four Batman movies, they were all pretty awful depictions of Batman. I can't believe people praise Elfman's score for the first two movies either. Are people mixing up the theme from the animated series with Elfman's? They are two completely different themes.

edit: I'll even post links to the soundtracks on amazon where you can listen to thirty second samples.

Batman 1989

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...6429795-7751120

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm (same theme from the animated series except with a choir)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...=glance&s=music

Which one do you like better?

In the script, Bruce opens up the secret entrance to the batcave by playing four notes on the piano. It would have been awesome if those four notes were the first four notes of the animated series theme.