TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

New Fall Network Shows/Lineups thread

So, is Arrested only getting half a season? I don't see it after Jan. Will they still get 22 episodes?

I think they'll film a full season, run half the episodes (or even less with the playoffs), and save the rest for another time.

FOX likely looks at it like this. For one, they're not going to cancel AD before 24 comes on. That timeslot is just locked for them for half the season. And two, if the ratings go up and the episodes warrant being reaired, they have the episodes. And if it fails, well, if it fails then they have the DVD sales featuring "10 unaired episodes" or what not to plug.

Guest El Satanico

Fox may also be planning on airing some of the episodes during their Summer season.

Joan got replaced by a show that's a direct rip-off of Medium.

That has Jennifer Love Hewitt in the lead role.

:huh:

I mean, I like the girl and all.....but :huh:

I'll give it.........four episodes.

Guest Ronixis

Whoa.

Somebody get Moonves some meds. Hes starting to foam at the mouth.

And when Tom Fresnan (owner of MTV) is afraid of 4Kids ENT's CEO because, and I quote ("you are a god damn virus") because his babies (networks) make money like crazy, but dont keep audences... (Outside of Spike)

AND when you get the guy that ruined Trek his own show...ON CBS?

Then say Ghosts are more popluar than God?

YOUR WHOLE ORGNISATION SUCKS MONKEY BALLS, and LEAD by SISSY BOI's, who got nothing better to do then to Call Miss Lohan fat, forcing her to lose pounds, and make her look ugly!

UGH. At least Fox has started to finally grow up. Licori is a man. Moonves is a pussy.

Les Moonves is one cocky motherfucker. I really hope Not Medium blows up in CBS' face.

I was hoping they'd shop Joan around, but Amber wants to move on

WASHINGTON - Amber Tamblyn is philosophical about the cancellation of her CBS series "Joan of Arcadia." "I loved it for what it was and it's gone and that's sad, but that's the way it goes," said the 22-year-old actress, who portrayed a teen who performed godly chores for those revealing themselves as God.

Tamblyn said she was happy to do two seasons of "a really incredible show than like eight years on a mediocre, not-so-good show."

Of her co-stars Joe Mantegna, Mary Steenburgen and Jason Ritter, the actress said: "I'm really going to miss everybody. It's like a family there. I love them, but that's life, I guess."

Tamblyn got the news before an interview with AP Radio for her new movie, "The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants," due in theaters on June 1.

"People had kind of known it was on the bubble, I think, so it was kind of there, kind of like an iffy thing," she said.

CBS is filling the Friday time slot with "Ghost Whisperer," starring Jennifer Love Hewitt as a woman who talks to dead people.

"I think talking to ghosts may skew younger than talking to God," CBS Chairman Leslie Moonves said Wednesday.

Well at least someone's over it

Why didn't they just move Joan of Arcadia to UPN? Doesn't Viacom realize they have another TV network that they don't do anything with? Who are the people in charge of UPN and why haven't they actually made a smart programming decision since contracting with WWF 6 years ago?

I thought about that too, why not move it to UPN and the loyal fans would flock there.

I think Amber and Barbara Hall probably didn't want to be sent off to UPN, plus the show is kind of $$ to produce for UPN, I'd assume

One of these days they have got to come up with a real plan for UPN. They have a hodgepodge of shows in many different genres, but they have no identity. Following the WB's formula of teen dramas would be a good idea (of course, it would have been a better idea seven years ago when the whole teen drama thing was really hot) and Veronica Mars is a good start, even though the ratings haven't exactly been good. If they actually want to make a change in their image instead of just "throwing crap at the wall and seeing what works", then as much as I love wrestling, I would have to say losing Smackdown (assuming they get rid of it at the end of the season, which they probably will) would be a good move for them, because wrestling just isn't cool and it really scares off advertisers.

Why didn't they just move Joan of Arcadia to UPN?  Doesn't Viacom realize they have another TV network that they don't do anything with?  Who are the people in charge of UPN and why haven't they actually made a smart programming decision since contracting with WWF 6 years ago?

They did with Veronica Mars. The second best show on TV behind LOST. And it is too damn bad the show had some crappy ass ratings. It seemed like I was the only person that watched it.

There are two flaws with Moonves' plan re: Joan of Arcadia's cancellation.

1. Young people don't watch as much TV on Friday nights because young people are more likely to be out than at home watching some dumb TV show.

2. Even if they were home on a Friday night, they're not going to watch a show with Jennifer Love Hewitt. Talking to dead people.

1. And Joan had a built in loyal audience that watched every week. He doesn't have that with Not Medium.

2. People already watch Medium, why would they watch the same fucking show?

People already watch CSI, but they also watch CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. Same thing with the 3 Law and Order shows. Face it, in TV, just like many other forms of entertainment, you have to copy what works. That's just the way they do things, and quite often it pays off.

With the CSIs and Law and Order, they have a brand name. CSI: Miami does look different from CSI though, even though I've never seen Miami.

And the Law and Orders aren't really the same show.

I'm hoping a DVD (or a full season download) comes out soon of Veronica Mars.

Yep, a DVD should be coming out before the second season starts.

Also, Mole--don't worry, I think the post-ANTM slot will be good for VM. Here's a good post explaining why. It's probably the best slot on UPN's schedule for that type of show.

People already watch CSI, but they also watch CSI: Miami and CSI: NY. Same thing with the 3 Law and Order shows. Face it, in TV, just like many other forms of entertainment, you have to copy what works. That's just the way they do things, and quite often it pays off.

I actually prefer CSI Miami a bit more to the other two, just because of David Caruso's badass-ness. Each CSI show has a different feel to it, as far as atmosphere.