TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
CBright7831

Leslie Nielsen...

I wasn't watching WWF in 1994 when this happened. I know the backstory. The Undertaker had disappeared at the Royal Rumble, promised a rebirth, flew out of his casket, and then disappeared. Over the next few months people were saying they had seen The Undertaker, so Det. Frank Drebin (POLICE SQUAD!) was brought in to find The Undertaker.

What kind of skits did they run? Where they funny? Someone explain the skits to me.

I wasn't watching WWF in 1994 when this happened. I know the backstory. The Undertaker had disappeared at the Royal Rumble, promised a rebirth, flew out of his casket, and then disappeared. Over the next few months people were saying they had seen The Undertaker, so Det. Frank Drebin (POLICE SQUAD!) was brought in to find The Undertaker.

What kind of skits did they run? Where they funny? Someone explain the skits to me.

Didn't see em, or at least don't recall em.

However, if Leslie Nielsen was in them, they were funny. Nuff said.

At Summerslam, he came out with Ed Hocken and waived to everyone while an outline of the Undertaker was behind them.

Then after the Undertaker vs Undertaker match, he says 'the case is closed' while holding a case which is closed.

That's all I remember.

Guest *KNK*

They had a few skits. Nothing funny. Only one i really remember is Nielson at a diner talking to someone who claimed to seen him.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool

Leslie is on the phone telling someone he's looking for Taker.... he spins around to dig out a file.... and then "PIZZA!" is delivered by a pair of gloves that look like Takers.

Leslie spins around 2 seconds too late...

"Is there a chill in here?"

Leslie is on the phone telling someone he's looking for Taker.... he spins around to dig out a file.... and then "PIZZA!" is delivered by a pair of gloves that look like Takers.

Leslie spins around 2 seconds too late...

"Is there a chill in here?"

I remember that one, must have been a plug for Dominos as they were the official sponsor of Summerslam that year. Well at least that's better than 95's Summerslam, which had Stridex Ance Remover pads as the sponsor.

Guest DVD Spree

They were horrible. Not Katie Vick horrible, but even as a young mark I was thinking "What the hell is this crap?" Probably on par with the other pseudo-celebrity stuff they were doing with the likes of William Shatner – not hideously offensive, just really awkward, out of place, and generally a waste of good wrestling time.

They were horrible. Not Katie Vick horrible, but even as a young mark I was thinking "What the hell is this crap?" Probably on par with the other pseudo-celebrity stuff they were doing with the likes of William Shatner – not hideously offensive, just really awkward, out of place, and generally a waste of good wrestling time.

How dare you sir! Any use of William Shatner, or The Shat, if you will, is never a waste of time, wrestling or otherwise! ;)

Guest news_gimmick

Looking back on Shatner, it would have been 100% worthwhile if he began to sing in one form or another.

Shatner singing = gold

Looking back on Shatner, it would have been 100% worthwhile if he began to sing in one form or another.

Shatner singing = gold

I say that Bret Hart should have had a new theme made and had Shatner singing it.

Guest Ransome

I'm suprised you've never seen Summerslam 1994, where there are at least three Leslie Nielsen backstage segments. I wouldn't say it's worth seeing for the comedy skits alone, but it's also an excellent pay-per-view.

Even with the awful Undertaker-Underfaker match?

Sell me on it, please.

It has a classic steel cage match between Bret and Owen Hart, Alundra Blayze and Bull Nakano had a good match and Razor Ramon and Diesel had an entertaining match. The rest of the card is passible except for the Undertaker/Underfaker match.

Even with the awful Undertaker-Underfaker match?

Sell me on it, please.

It has a classic steel cage match between Bret and Owen Hart, Alundra Blayze and Bull Nakano had a good match and Razor Ramon and Diesel had an entertaining match. The rest of the card is passible except for the Undertaker/Underfaker match.

Can't believe I forgot the Hart cage match.

Some mark I am.

I'm suprised you've never seen Summerslam 1994, where there are at least three Leslie Nielsen backstage segments. I wouldn't say it's worth seeing for the comedy skits alone, but it's also an excellent pay-per-view.

Sadly, I've never seen Summerslam 94. II've seen Bret/Owen and Taker/Taker (meh) and I was thinking about buying it online one time, but I thought against it. I wish WWE would release of their older ppvs on dvd every now and then.

Guest Arnold_OldSchool
Why was Taker out from Rumble to Summerslam, again?

Back surgery IIRC

Undertaker wrestled during WWF's tour of Japan in May, and did a shot in HoUndertaker wrestled during WWF's tour of Japan in May, and did a couple of shots in Guam and Honolulu shortly after as well. As for why he was out, it was nothing specific as much was it was just to give his body a rest. I also think he was going through some personal issues at home as well.