TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
alfdogg

NBA Finals

It would of made more sense if they used the Stone Cold shattered glass music since he lives in the area......Undertaker is from Houston.

Guest Vitamin X
These finals look like Detroit vs. LA last year, except this year, Detroit is playing the role of LA.

Except that Detroit has no offense whatsoever. At least LA had SOME offense going between Kobe and Shaq.

But yeah, the same comparison popped into my mind. I thought at the beginning of this series that Detroit had no chance, but I thought that they played with a lot of heart and never gave up and would at least be able to take a game or two away. But the Spurs are just too damn good.

The Pistons lost the "eye of the tiger" and need to get aggressive on every rebound in the game if that means throwing some elbows then so be it. Game 3 looks like it will be a close game, if all of the bitching Larry Brown did worked, so I can see a Pistons win at the final second from Rasheed.

If the Spurs can continue with the inside outside game to near perfection then there is no way they can lose unless GINOBILI gets a broken nose.

^ funny you say that...

ginobli steps outta the game after a knee to knee collision with Prince.

hmm i guess the pistons used their magical undertaker voodoo gooning powers again to take him out, by somehow pulling ginobli into a collision!

(i'm being facetitious of course, the replay clearly showed it was an accidental collision, but if ginoblie goes out for a game or two and the pistons win, clearly the basketball gods are watching over the pistons)

edit: err never mind, he's back and he looks alright.

pistons at least are showing some early hustle that was so lacking in earlier games.

The Pistons are playing a physical game but the Spurs are using their secret weapon, Rasho at center now. The man who played 4 total minutes combined in the series is now dunking on Wallace.....nice block but no follow-thru by Ben.

Guest Brian

These are the type of games I was expecting. Still thought San Antonio would win, but alot of intensity, hustle, and physical play.

after the pistons made their late-3rd early 4th run to go up by like 7 or 8 or whatever, S.A. kinda collapsed. bricking shots, missing FTs, like twice i saw ginobli start to drive then run back, when ginobli doesn't push, you can tell their spirit for this particular game was out. wonder if all the knockdowns on parker/ginobli in the lane are having a effect (in this game) on them.

GREAT game so far. also, hubie brown is clearly the best annoucner there is for NBA. the guy knows so much, has logical explanations for EVERYTHING, no matter how small. awesome.

I totally agree with that, Hubie Brown is superb. I also love his natural "WOW!" or "OHHH!" reactions to incredible plays, showing that he not only is a play-by-play analyst, but also a real fan too.

Anyways, Detroit won the same way San Antonio did in games 1 and 2, pretty much. The key for them was shutting down Ginobili I think. Manu got 7 points and 6 TOs. If he has his usual 26-27, Spurs would have won. Good game from Hamilton and Wallace who finally shows up defensively.

what's with the SPurs acting like they've never seen a full court trap before. The timing on springing the trap was excellent, i dont think we'd seen it at all before and bam outta nowhere, 2 straight turnovers (tho only 1 basket off it). then they didnt even adjust.

Guest news_gimmick

They looked devoid of any momentum from the opening tip until the end of the game. The Spurs I guess weren't ready for the rabid Detroit crowd, which fueled the Pistons all night long. But now that they experienced this, I've gotta believe they will regroup and make it close in game 4.

i dont know what yer all talking about, we've had two AWESOME GAMES!!!

(:-P keeping in mind i'm a pistons fan so a pistons blowout is more fun than an overtime buzzer beater loss)

edit: and they hit100!

Guest Vitamin X
i dont know what yer all talking about, we've had two AWESOME GAMES!!!

(:-P keeping in mind i'm a pistons fan so a pistons blowout is more fun than an overtime buzzer beater loss)

edit: and they hit100!

Sucks that there's no way Detroit's going to win the Title in Auburn Hills though, huh?

At least y'all had that pleasure last year.

Let's see San Antonio lose Game 5 on a last second shot again... I'll laugh my ass off if it happens.