BBQ  

31 members have voted

1. 1. BBQ

• Brisket
    • Sausage
    • Ribs
    • Pork
    • other

I have been watching the Travel Channel special about BBQ from around the USA and was wondering what do you consider real BBQ? Of course in Texas the only BBQ you can find in a real restuarant with an open pit is brisket, sausage and maybe ribs usually sold by the pound. Apperently in KC its all about the ribs with alot of sauce and the Carolinas or the Deep South prefer chopped pork sandwiches. So what do you enjoy?

Nothing is better than brisket a few slices of bread and some beans. :cheers:

Guest DonVito

I love Ribs. They're a mess but when made right are the best.

I hate it when they get over done though. They have to be just right.

I put everything on the charcoal down here. Hamburgers, hot dogs, ribs, brisket, pork loin, chicken, and pork chops. You marinade it(if it is that kind of food) slap it on there, grill it, take it off and put whatever on it. Good stuff.

I don't think it's really about the type of meat (though I personally would not consider sausage as a BBQ) it's more about the style it's done in. Like wet or dry Texas, KC, NC, Memphis, etc. But it all boils down to personal tastes.

Well, there's more than that to it. For example, Carolina BBQ has a vinegary taste, while places like Memphis (Which, by the way, is the best barbeque. Anywhere. Ever.) have a bit of a smoky taste about their barbeque.

That being said, I enjoy a good rack of ribs. I prefer sandwiches, however.

Guest Undertow

Although BBQ is delicious, I'm all about steak.

Grilling steak is the most masterful procedure ever devised.

Barbecue is a technique, not a specific type of food. 3 hours or more over a low indirect heat (around 225 degrees) in a covered environment is considered barbecue.

Do not confuse barbecue with grilling.

Also, if there is any type of wood involved that produces smoke for flavor, you are smoking, not barbecuing and Smoking is a whole different ballgame entirely.

All of the above items with the exception of sausage can be barbecued.

I've been craving for a good BBQ brisket with just the right amount of sauce for weeks now.

I answered the question as if it were: When you go to a BBQ restaurant, what do you KNOW you're going to get? And answered pork ... pulled pork is teh shit.

I answered the question as if it were: When you go to a BBQ restaurant, what do you KNOW you're going to get?  And answered pork ... pulled pork is teh shit.

Try going to a place like Bill Millers in San Antonio and try to order pork. You have 2 options Brisket or Sauage.