TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest nokia

CM Punk Vs Samoa Joe at Slammiversary PPV?

Guest nokia

Source: Wrestling Observer, PWInsider

-- The TV show "Blind Date" is in negotiations to have a "TNA week", like it has done in the past with WWE.

-- TNA’s new booking team has been described as “solid” by those close to the situation. Which is certainly a breath of relief for those who were frustrated by Dusty Rhodes’ booking.

-- TNA is expected to announce an Impact taping on Tuesday 6/21. It’s likely that the show will be used on their international outlets, and possible some sort of online show.

-- TNA’s TV situation is still in the negotiation phase with several entities, and no decisions have been made.

-- TNA is attempting to hold a CM Punk vs. Samoa Joe match at their 6/18 Slammiversary PPV, however nothing is confirmed.

Guest BrokenWings

I doubt it, I think at least one of them will go to the E. But that'd solidify a buy from me.

Not that it makes much sense, especially to those who haven't seen ROH, as to why these two non-TNA guys (Punk's Gathering stint not withstanding) made it on the PPV when regulars have gotten the shaft.

That match on PPV will get enough hype from those already familiar with them that people will tune into the replay. They've gotten rave reviews for ROH work, and I'm sure TNA would give them the chance to let loose for 15-20 minutes to "prove themselves" to a new audience.

Guest *KNK*

Punk's not going to blow a contract with WWE for a unstable company like TNA.

Joe i can see heading to TNA so he can work ROH, TNA and Japan(as he has expressed a burning desire and his connections are opening up)

Guest *KNK*
AJ Styles was never seen in ROH and his first match was a 15 minute one with Low Ki. So, what.

What does that have to do with CM Punk and Samoa Joe here?

i don't think that match will happen.

Not that it makes much sense, especially to those who haven't seen ROH, as to why these two non-TNA guys (Punk's Gathering stint not withstanding) made it on the PPV when regulars have gotten the shaft.

==========

Thats what Styles in ROH has to do with it.

Guest *KNK*

==========

Thats what Styles in ROH has to do with it.

Makes sense now, I thought it was in response to my post.

What is the full card for Slammiversary?

The card for the PPV, as announced on TNAWrestling.com so far, is...

KING OF THE MOUNTAIN MATCH FOR THE NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. Jeff Jarrett vs. The Alpha Male Monty Brown vs. Abyss vs. A Wildcard Opponent

X DIVISION CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH

The Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels vs. Michael Shane w/ Traci vs. Chris Sabin w/ Trinity

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

The Naturals vs. Team Canada (Young/Williams)

America's Most Wanted vs. BG James and Konnan (3LK)

Ron "The Truth" Killings (3LK) vs. The Outlaw

Lance Hoyt vs. Team Canada's Bobby Roode

Guest BrokenWings
AJ Styles was never seen in ROH and his first match was a 15 minute one with Low Ki. So, what.

But, his first appearance wasn't on the biggest show of the year, with another unknown.

I'm not saying I wouldn't love it, because I would. I'm just saying it's not going to make sense to marks.

Guest bort

By having this match on the card TNA is trying to draw in some of the smart Internet audience, which is smart considering that they dont have there TV show right now to promote to the casual fan.

Any bets on the wildcard opponent? I'd guess X-Pac, but being that it's the anniversary show Sting would make a lot more sense. However, it would be beyond stupid not to hype a Sting appearance, so I doubt it will be him

Sting is my favorite wrestler and all, but he calls his performances in now and has for the past 7 or 8 years. If he ever decides to put the working boots on and work for tna or wwe for a year that'd be very cool and I'd enjoy seeing him in one last run.

However, I'd like to see Raven as the wildcard entrant. I just think he should win the belt when AJ drops it eventually, then again I haven't watched TNA in two months, So I don't know where Raven stands at the moment in regards to the title.

I just think he should win the belt when AJ drops it eventually, then again I haven't watched TNA in two months, So I don't know where Raven stands at the moment in regards to the title.

On the second-to-last Impact show on FSN, Raven demanded to Larry Zbysko to be the wildcard entrant for Slammiversary's King of the Mountain match. When Zbysko denied, he and Raven brawled into the ring, with Raven giving Zbysko the Raven Effect DDT. Raven also attacked the security guys that were running into the ring to stop him.

After that happened, Dusty Rhodes told Raven that he was "suspended" from TNA for his actions. Raven said:"You can't suspend me. I quit!"

Later, on the last Impact show, Raven almost "ran over" a cameraman outside of the arena in an SUV (I think). Raven said that since he "quit", he'll do whatever he wants to finally get another title shot.

That's almost the best I could do to update you on Raven's current title situation.

TNA is really hurting without tv to build the pppromote the shows. The least TNA could do is do is write up storylines and the current goings on each week that would've happened on tv on the website, to help build to the ppvs.

Guest Desperate Housewife

Joe comes out to make an appearance at Slamiversary, Jarrett comes out with the gee-tar, El Kabong, thus proving TNA rules all and ROH sucks

That's what I'd do anyway

I'd simply have Jarrett squash Joe in 2 mins cleanly. Then pin everyone in the KOTM match at the same time, thus sending them all the penalty box. Then jarrett climbs the ladder and hangs the belt.

They should put Raven in the match, no question about it. However, Styles should retain because he needs to be the guy that starts off the next TV show (if it ever happens) as the champion to put over the "Well our champ is different than theirs" effect (without actually mentioning Batista or Cena or whoever and without mentioning WWE).