TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

CM Punk signs with the WWE

It's nice his final match (EDIT: before joining the E, at least) was for IWA:MS, seeing as they 'broke him in' more or less. EDIT: Pity he won't be wrestling D'Lo on the 17th, that would have been an interesting match.

As a fan, I wish him all the best of luck, because he's probably gonna need it.

Edited by King Cucaracha

I'm all for him signing. I'm all for wrestlers I like getting financial security. He desevres a fat payday. I know he probably won't be used well, but if they just let him run with the mic he'll get over big as a heel.

Off topic, they should sign Cabana while they're at it. He's got a decent enough physique to fit in in the midcard, he's got a WWE suited style...and besides that, Punk would be best off as a tag team wrestler if he wants time and exposure on-screen. SCS vs. MNM would be good stuff.

It's nice his final match (EDIT: before joining the E, at least) was for IWA:MS, seeing as they 'broke him in' more or less.

I thought the "Saturday" in question was NEXT Saturday in RoH, where he's facing Austin Aries for the RoH title (which, humorously enough, is their annual Death Before Dishonor show, where Paul London did the exact same thing two years ago).

Guest *KNK*

I'm happy for CM Punk to have gotten the deal he completely deserves and I hope that he gets used correctly.

It's somewhat fitting for Punk to leave ROH and enter WWE at the same event that Paul Londond did "Death Before Dishonor" in a title match.

I thought Ring of Honor's show was tomorrow night... on the 12th?

Congrats to CM Punk, he deserves a fat paycheck. But my hopes aren't up as London has never gotten a good push really.. As well as anyone else they've signed that I like.

Guest *KNK*
It's nice his final match (EDIT: before joining the E, at least) was for IWA:MS, seeing as they 'broke him in' more or less.

I thought the "Saturday" in question was NEXT Saturday in RoH, where he's facing Austin Aries for the RoH title (which, humorously enough, is their annual Death Before Dishonor show, where Paul London did the exact same thing two years ago).

It is. Ian Rotten clearly stated next saturday at ROH(though he didnt directly plug roh) it would be Punk's final indy show.

Guest *KNK*
I thought Ring of Honor had a show tomorrow night... on the 12th?

He does and he's working with Roderick Strong, next saturday is the final Indy show for CM Punk.

Guest *KNK*

The original reports of the contract he was offered was a developmential contract.

However, Punk already knows how to dumb himself down for WWE and has a image that Vince is said to be high on, he wont be there too long.

Guest BrokenWings

Congrats to him. I hope they let him run with the straight edge gimmick.

Next week's going to be a barn burner, since you know Punk's going to want to leave ROH with his best match possible.

Any chance they'd let Punker win for all his years of service? Then have a Tournament for the Title or something? ROH could have a great tournament right now with their roster... and it'd be a good sending away present although it might hurt Aries.

Guest *KNK*

Punk objects to those type of things, he consistantly points out he refuses to devalue the meaning of a championship.

Gabe hates that as well, he didnt do it with London and he won't with Punk.

Guest nokia

I'm glad for Punk....now get him the hell away from HHH and things could be sweet !!

Guest *KNK*

It's funny to think that a guy who has been a top level trainer for the last 2 years would need "development".

He's just in OVW because the WWE doesn't know what to do with him. He's just too good to let him go free in the indy's but he doesn't have the WWE look yet though and that tattoo...I wonder if it's allowed. He'll probably be in OVW until the writers call him up to be Simon Dean's sidekick.

Guest *KNK*

The reports previously stated they liked his look, which means his tattoos shouldn't be a factor.

Punks got a good enough build and height that he shouldn't be pushed with all the cruisers and get squashed. I think he'd make a great opponent for Christian if they both end up on Smackdown.

Guest BrokenWings

I hope he doesn't end up on Raw, now that Austin's back, come to think about it.

I wonder if this will influence Joe and Dragon's decisions?

Me and Rudo are checking out a 1Warrior Wrestling show in Oshawa, ON on the 26th and the ME is Joe vs Raven w/ Foley (~!) as guest ref.

We got the VIP package which includes a backstage meet and greet and photo session. I'm tempted to ask Joe about the rumours but I'm scared about the result of what could happen if I piss him off.

Card looks halfway decent too. American Dragon, Kid Kash, Gail Kim, The New Church, Chris Sabin and Team Canada are all working it.

Should be a farkin blast.

Me and Rudo are checking out a 1Warrior Wrestling show in Oshawa, ON on the 26th and the ME is Joe vs Raven w/ Foley (~!) as guest ref.

We got the VIP package which includes a backstage meet and greet and photo session. I'm tempted to ask Joe about the rumours but I'm scared about the result of what could happen if I piss him off.

Card looks halfway decent too. American Dragon, Kid Kash, Gail Kim, The New Church, Chris Sabin and Team Canada are all working it.

Should be a farkin blast.

I can't imagine Samoa Joe doing anything stupid simply because a fan asked him if he was going to WWE since it's rumoured Johnny Ace has been told to sign him. He's a regular guy outside of the ring. Maybe if you smashed his rental car, but a simple question?

--It was just announced at the afternoon IWA Mid South show in Philadelphia that C.M. Punk is probably headed to WWE. Ian Rotten cut a promo after Punk's match with Homicide saying Punk's final match before joining the WWE would be Saturday. The last word is he hasn't officially signed, but most were expecting it to happen this week. (thanks to Ian Hamilton)

He hasn't signed just yet. He probably will, but it's still premature to say he's signed.

Is it certain that the WWE's interest of these guys is purely to fuck TNA over, or are there other reasons? Because if it's just to fuck TNA over, then there is no hope at all for anyone signed for that reason - as opposed to the 1% bit of hope they'd get otherwise if they didn't meet the WWE's criteria-for-success.