TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Youth N Asia

CM Punk signs with the WWE

I know very little about CM Punk, although I am very interested in seeing him work.  Just out of curiousity, though.... what is the deal with the Pepsi tattoo(s), exactly?

It's his way of saying he doesn't drink alcohol, that Pepsi is all he needs. Something like that. It's ridiculous really.

I know very little about CM Punk, although I am very interested in seeing him work.  Just out of curiousity, though.... what is the deal with the Pepsi tattoo(s), exactly?

It's his way of saying he doesn't drink alcohol, that Pepsi is all he needs. Something like that. It's ridiculous really.

yeah, ridiculous because everyone knows Coke owns Pepsi :bonk:

On the subject of Punk, what of a potential finisher? Since the Pepsi-Plunge (his turnbuckle-assisted Pedigree) is probably going to be out of the question as a finisher, what else could he go with? I've heard of him using a submission called a Devil Lock (could someone describe this?) a time or two, maybe he could go with that?

He uses the Anaconda Vice (A weird arm submission) as his finisher more than The Pepsi Plunge nowadays, so maybe that can be his finisher.

We got the VIP package which includes a backstage meet and greet and photo session. I'm tempted to ask Joe about the rumours but I'm scared about the result of what could happen if I piss him off.

Everything I have heard about Joe and know about Joe would make this worry completly unreasonable. I am sure it is something he is asked about constantly. He may not give you a straight answer but I doubt he will Ole kick you or something. If you want to ask just do it. Joe is one dude I think would be awesome to kick it with.

We got the VIP package which includes a backstage meet and greet and photo session. I'm tempted to ask Joe about the rumours but I'm scared about the result of what could happen if I piss him off.

Everything I have heard about Joe and know about Joe would make this worry completly unreasonable. I am sure it is something he is asked about constantly. He may not give you a straight answer but I doubt he will Ole kick you or something. If you want to ask just do it. Joe is one dude I think would be awesome to kick it with.

*Anticipates the backlash when LotC comes back with pictures from the hospital from when Joe mauls him.*

In all seriousness, everyone here who echoed the sentiment that Joe's cool, I'll echo it further. He is COOL. I met him once back in the parking lot of a PWG show. He doesn't really hide behind kayfabe or anything. Hell he has a livejournal or something, so that should show right off from the start that he is pretty much accessible.... based on his mood, as everyone else, I guess.

Guest *KNK*

The story behind the Pepsi logo extends beyond just a metaphor for being drug free but because it's connection to the lead singer of Minor Threat (the pioneer straight edge band of the early 80's) who had a coca-cola tattoo. This was Punk's way of paying homage to that, along with the fact he would drink a case of pepsi while watching wrestling over the weekends as a young punker.

His TV debut should have him taking a shot of liquor and going "holy crap, I didn't black out and forget everything and beat women and all that other stuff!" Then him and Austin could drink beers for 20 minutes.

Guest nokia

A cool debut for CM Punk would be him showing up on Raw one day and "Break the masterlock" THEN appear at Smackdown the same week and WIN Kurt Angles gold medals.....

Instant face heat on either show he lands in.....

Guest *KNK*
I thought the tattoo was because Punk was a big fan of the Barenaked Ladies' "Gordon" album and its cover.

Im sure that was just sarcasm but it came straight from the (pardon the expression) horse's mouth himself via his LJ

"I am Straight Edge. Straight Edge is a sub culture started by a hard core band named Minor Threat in the early eighties. To make a long story short straight edge means I’m drug free and alcohol free. The band Minor Threat, I can remember sitting in detention reading a magazine interview with their guitarist Brian Baker who is now in the band Bad Religion and it was a simple question, the interviewer asked him why he had a Coca-Cola tattoo and his reply was, “I like Coca-Cola”. So normally when people ask me why I have a Pepsi tattoo I stymie them with “I like Pepsi.”, because then it confuses them. It actually represents me not smoking or drinking, mainly drinking. I used to polish off a case of Pepsi in less than a week watching wrestling. Where I grew up in Chicago a lot of the frat guys would get beer tattoos so this was my way of throwing them the middle finger in their face. That along with most of my other tattoos have several meanings…

So bottom line, I like Pepsi, I don’t drink, and I hate frat boys."

Guest Brian
Finishers are for people who win matches.

Punk won't have to worry about that for about a calender year.

After the incredible amount of optimish in the ECW thread, it's nice to see someone still grounded in reality.

What tribe does he belong to? The Tribe Of Suck?

LOL! To me, they always look like he wanted to get th Goldberg tattoo but didn't want to completely rip it off, but it's the same "look," sort of.

The story behind the Pepsi logo extends beyond just a metaphor for being drug free but because it's connection to the lead singer of Minor Threat (the pioneer straight edge band of the early 80's) who had a coca-cola tattoo.

The funny thing is that he's completely disassociated himself from having anything to do with the whole thing, which has spiraled out of control. It would seem he wasn't trying to start a movement so much as he simply had a song and a bunch of people hijacked it to start this whole fad.