One and Only "ECW: One Night Stand" Thread

Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Rate "ECW: One Night Stand"

• Good
    • Mediocre
    • Bad

Guest *KNK*
Did they ever show the entire Roadkill/DD segment, or did they just totally fuck it up and never go back to it? If they went back to it, I totally missed it.

I thought it was done on purpose as a tounge in cheek reference to their past.

Guest JMA

Question: I ordered the webcast and was wondering if I can watch the show again.

I've gotta say that I haven't enjoyed a PPV this much in YEARS. The main event was hot as hell, and I'll be damned if I didn't *MARK THE FUCK OUT* for Beulah's return.

I also loved Styles ripping Bischoff *to his face* during the Crusaders/ECW brawl at the end. That was some great shit...almost surreal watching it live.

On an unrelated note this thread's a good sign the new TSM server is doing it's job, a thread this size with so many people viewing would have broken the board for hours last year.

Guest *KNK*
The match wasn't really "acceptable" or "passable" or even "decent." It wasn't "good". What does that leave us with?

Bad.

It was acceptable, passable, and/or decent. It was also weak and not very good at all but it was still aight.

dude, stop trying to defend them just because they are who they are. They went through the motions, put on a bleh match that was worst then the vengence match and I didnt think that was possible, Heyman promised a Japanese style match and we got a shittier then usual wwe style match

I need to watch this PPV. Like again, and again, and again.

This was amazing. So much fucking stuff happened I lost track watching.

I don't know the last time I marked out to a show this bad watching live on PPV.

THAT was ALOT of fun! So much heat on this show. It really had some sense of danger like the crowd might take some cheap shots at Bis and co.

Tanaka and Awesome... holy fucking shit. They made all the WWE guys look like such pussies by showing everyone what its like to be a real man.

Jericho and Storm was great while Eddy v benoit was kind of a downer for me. But nothing that was wrong with this show hurt it in any way for me to not enjoy it. Even the presence of WWE promo spots with that movie trailer couldn't take away that this really did FEEL like ECW. I haven't had that much fun watching wrestling PPV in a long time. Bravo.

Loved Mania, but damn--this was off the charts. The matches may not have been 4 star affairs (and just like every other Eddy-Benoit WWE match, this one was a total "meh." These guys just have no chemistry together anymore I guess), but the styles were replicated just like they should be. The "sports entertainment" crap all worked and was a blast.

WWE guys using WWE themes using their WWE movesets was a little weak (I wanted a real Liontamer, damnit) kinda of pulled me out of it, but at least they mostly dressed the part.

Falls Count Anywhere in Awesome-Tanaka? I didn't hear any announcement about it. *shrug* Oh well, "THIS MATCH RULES!" indeed. Even JBL seemed to genuinely like it.

BWO Mofos!!!

"Enter Sandman?" I was shocked, I expected an instrumental version, but they went the full route.

The aforementioned continuity was great. Rhyno attacking RVD and the Sabu save (followed by an IMPROMPTU MATCH), Beulah/Francine catfight and attempted 3D on Beulah!

Shame they censored the f word though. But, seeing Sandman/Tommy drink beer off bimbos' breasts makes up for it.

Bischoff's complete and utter shitkicking was fantastic.

Most enjoyable show I've seen in forever.

This felt like ECW. Period. They totally toned it down for ECW.

The long pauses, silence on commentary...this felt like watching ECW, except with nicer equipment. It was as perfect as you can get

Edit: I originally thought the movie trailer was for The Marine.

The Bischoff stuff is one of the things I really didn't like on the PPV. Um, hi? Steve Austin was the guy who basically put you out of business, sure have a drink with him! The WWE owns you, and when Vince bought ECW it ended ECW. Then he said Steph owned it. EC DUB! Every time they insulted Bischoff, I was like "Vince did the same thing!" and groaned.

For me, the total negatives outweighed the total positives of this show. But the positives were so fucking huge that I ended up really enjoying it.

Apparently, according to the Observer, those who had problem with the webcast was because there weren't enough bandwith, the demand was too high.

Numerous people attempting to order the ECW PPV tonight on the WWE web site were shut down due to not enough bandwith being available.

Part of the reason may have been Canadian orders, because many of the usual Famous Players closed circuit locations were not running this show. WWE has arranged for refunds for those who ordered and were unable to see the show.

Does anybody know if it happened before or it's the first time ?

I was marking out just by reading the thread. Let's hope that the DVD won't get edited, it seemed like the greatest PPV in a long time.

I think it was the closest facsimile to ECW that the WWE could have done. But in the end, it was a WWE show. It felt like "WWE presents ECW". Hmm, maybe it was the constant shots of the WWE wrestlers that did that? Again, I blame that on the production guys. The constant crowd shots, the WWE themes, and Austin finishing it off didn't help much either.

Think about it this way, if Joey Styles weren't announcing, I think the sentiment would have been much, much different. I lot of this shows appeal rested on him announcing, rather than Cole or JR.

I taped the show; best show to watch since at least Wresltemania XX& from WWE (personally, because of crowd and my ECW biases, I think this was better, but whatever). Anyways, I think everyone should buy the dvd (which I'm going to do) to send a statement to Vince and all (and hopefully a resurrection?!), but I'd be willing to send copies to people for free (except for the shipping and handling) in the ecw fan tradition of giving tapes of shows to each other except for free). Of course, since I'm paying for the blank tape itself, I'd only make 10-20 tapes ultimately.

Question: I ordered the webcast and was wondering if I can watch the show again.

I'd like to know the very same thing.

Does anyone know?

Did the feed cut off for ya during the Spike Dudley run in? Did for me and kinda went in and out the rest of the night which was only like 15 minutes.

Guest Ransome

Fantastic stuff, more enjoyable than any WWE pay per view in years.

The group of fans I watched it with, most who had never seen ECW before, were going crazy during the Awesome-Tanaka match and the main event.

Guest *KNK*

Im in the middle of the ECW replay and Its still great.

The only "Negatives"

-The 2 non ECW commercials(The Vengeance One was logical, as Vince admited to be bankrolling this-Not sure about the movie trailer)

-Steve Austin being the "leader". It should have been foley in that spot.

-The really horrible Benoit/Guerrero match

-lifeless Luchador match and Rey using the 619. He could have at least won with a dragon rana.

Guest JMA

I'd like to know the very same thing.

Does anyone know?

Did the feed cut off for ya during the Spike Dudley run in? Did for me and kinda went in and out the rest of the night which was only like 15 minutes.

Yep. The same thing happened to me.

This felt like ECW. Period. They totally toned it down for ECW.

The long pauses, silence on commentary...this felt like watching ECW, except with nicer equipment. It was as perfect as you can get

Edit: I originally thought the movie trailer was for The Marine.

Funny, on the way back from the theatre I turned to Rudo and said "The ending did not feel like ECW." This felt like I was watching WWE trying to recreate the magic of ECW (which it was).

"Nicer equipment" = WWE-ized editing and cuts.

Oh, the trailer I didn't mind, but the only other major gripe...plug for HHH/Batista on whatever the fuck Raw PPV is next.

I honestly don't give .001% of a damn, especially after that.

Fun show. Benoit and Eddy have NEVER has chemistry together, even back when Black Tiger/Wild Pegusus faced off, so I didn't expect anything out of them. Mike Awesome GLADLY proved me wrong; he can still go. As for Tanaka....SIGN HIM RIGHT FUCKING NOW!!! The guy can just work a match.

The first three matches were "alright" but this show wasn't really about the matches. Heyman's shoot was great. WAY too much WWE stuff for my taste. What was with showing BRADSHAW'S reaction to every move in the Tanaka/Awesome match? The production and camera work were way too WWE like too, but it was expected. Lots of mark out moments make this a thumbs up PPV for now, but a few weeks down the line I think we'll look back on this show and say it was only decent.