TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Prophet of Mike Zagurski

The OAO RAW Thread for June 13th, 2005

Guest *KNK*

You think stacking the Vengence card is a desperate attempt to draw a good buyrate compared to ECW?

anyone else seeing this as a way to get all ther big stars on Raw and eventually open up ECW for the Friday time slot. Only thing that doesn't make me think this i that one can't expect ECW buyrate to stay this high (if there were to be more ECW PPVs) and while the crowd is crazy, filling places like last night is ~4000 people compared to a regular house show which is about $10,000 people; thus ECW coming back probably won't occur because WWE would lose money doing this even though the product is superior

:huh: Did you just wake up from a coma you've been in since 1999? Because that's the last time a regular WWE house show drew 10,000 people, and 4000 is about twice as much as what WWE's house shows draw regulary these days.

Guest *KNK*

What will they do next?

Bring Bret Hart back and have a dog collar match with Vince?

Book a Christy Vs Stacy First woman nude loses match?

Does anyone think we'll see the resurrection of ECW on Smackdown? You've already got Benoit/Eddie/Rey/RVD/Taz over there and a bunch of mid-carders that could fit in, just move over 'Taker, Booker T and Big Show to RAW and bring a few more ECW guys to Smackdown.

I'm 95% certain the only reason HBK/Angle II is on a nothing PPV just two weeks after the 2nd biggest PPV of the year is to get the match out of the way and send HBK to Smackdown.

"I now realise what they're doing. They're going to build Vengeance as the biggest PPV outside of Mania so it overshadows ECW. "

EXACTLY....DON"T BUY VENGEANCE ! I REPEAT, DON"T BUY VENGEANCE!!! Really, this is just a way to make HHH"s control even bigger and make ECW product look weak selling wise if people buy this PPV. Remember the party line that we want WWE to change after what we saw last night. ..or did people already jump off the band wagon?

Guest *KNK*

You send Tajiri over along with Dean & Jericho and you got Raw's ECW alums fulfilled.

*Note Im sure I forgot someone.

Does anyone think we'll see the resurrection of ECW on Smackdown? You've already got Benoit/Eddie/Rey/RVD/Taz over there and a bunch of mid-carders that could fit in, just move over 'Taker, Booker T and Big Show to RAW and bring a few more ECW guys to Smackdown.

That's what I think, but I won't believe it until I see it.

Guest *KNK*
"I now realise what they're doing. They're going to build Vengeance as the biggest PPV outside of Mania so it overshadows ECW. "

EXACTLY....DON"T BUY VENGEANCE ! I REPEAT, DON"T BUY VENGEANCE!!! Really, this is just a way to make HHH"s control even bigger and make ECW product look weak selling wise if people buy this PPV. Remember the party line that we want WWE to change after what we saw last night. ..or did people already jump off the band wagon?

What's sad is that, so far this is a summer slam quality card (for raw) and that means Summer Slam will prolly be pretty weak.

You send Tajiri over along with Dean & Jericho and you got Raw's ECW alums fulfilled.

If any of those guys get drafted this coming SD, then we know where this is heading.

Below mediocre RAW. The last segment was the best. Even Austin was boring tonight. I thought Vengeance was going to be a weak card but so far, as usual on paper, it looks to be really good. Albeit, it is coming from Vegas which is a huge venue, should be great.

How many other people thought HHH spoiled the draft pick by saying 'Mr. Monday Night'? I thought it would be RVD but the whole angle wasn't right for it to be him. So far the draft has been really good.

And how come all of a sudden, Jericho goes from being, 'well I dont care about losing a match' to 'I have to be in the WWE Championship match' when he has lost the past month and a half.

Guest *KNK*

I'm kinda confused by Jericho's sudden character change...I wonder if they will have him attribute it to ONS reviving his passion or something...

That's a stupid reason not to buy the PPV. Regardless of the reasons for them stacking the card, it actually looks like it may turn out to be a good show...And last I checked, a show being a good show...well great, is reason enough to buy it.

And how come all of a sudden, Jericho goes from being, 'well I dont care about losing a match' to 'I have to be in the WWE Championship match' when he has lost the past month and a half.

The same reason Heidenreich goes from hating everyone one week, and then wanting everyone to be his friend the next week, Or Shelton goes on a defend his title every week streak to prove how good a champ he is, and then barely defending it in the coming months...

Seems they're still in the process of working out just what exactly Jericho's character will be.

Guest *KNK*

That's a stupid reason not to buy the PPV. Regardless of the reasons for them stacking the card, it actually looks like it may turn out to be a good show...And last I checked, a show being a good show...well great, is reason enough to buy it.

It won't have historic value which ONS did, if the match quality turns out good, you can get that same quality on DVD for 1/2 the price.

Or the old standbys of Bars.

There's many alternatives to seeing this event withouth assisting HHH in his quest to put down ecw.

Am I foolish to give thought to the possibility of Jericho leaving Vengeance with the WWE Title and being one of the two draft picks later that week (with Michaels) that ends up on SmackDown?

Jericho vs Benoit for the WWE Title at the GAB!

Guest jumpingbombangel

EXACTLY....DON"T BUY VENGEANCE ! I REPEAT, DON"T BUY VENGEANCE!!!

You really don't have to tell people not to at this point.

By the way, the dress code definitely needs to go, because seeing HBK, Angle, HHH, and Batista fighting each other in suits was fucking weird.

I thought the same thing when I saw those stupid fags all sweating under the TV lights in the dead heat of summer. Quit this BS dress code; it's just another attempt to glamourize the WWE for Hollywood when it's been evident to everyone in the entertainment industry that wrestling is completely devoid of glamour.

Big Stevie Cool.

Vince:"Stevie Who?"

As for Raw, the last segment was really the only good part about it. Cena's suddenly become a mid-carder, Jericho suddenly cares about "winning the Championship" when he hasn't won too many matches this year and did the "I don't give a shit anymore" character not too long ago that could have had potential. Yet now, they stick him in the Cena/Christian WWE Championship match for some odd reason, making it a pointless triple threat match.

By the way, the dress code definitely needs to go, because seeing HBK, Angle, HHH, and Batista fighting each other in suits was fucking weird.

But people can't seem to grasp the fact the ONS was supposed to be (as I don't know what they're doing now..) just a one night thing. Even if it did turn out great, just a one night thing pretty much. But because people enjoyed it..they now expect it to be an every day thing?

Even if the PPV, and DVD sales do EXTREMELY well, I just don't see them following up on it, and why would they "in kayfabe perspective" when they clearly billed it as a one time doing.

If the ECW ppv hadn't happened, and the Vengeance card was still stacked, then would it be ok to get the ppv? Because the reasoning of 'DONT GET THE PPV' just really doesn't make sense to me. (because I think the outcome will be the same either way, they won't follow up on ONS)

Guest JMA

I wasn't really planning on buying Vengeance anyway. Besides, we all know what's going to happen; Cena will retain his title, Michaels will get his job back from Angle, and who really cares who wins HIAC?

Are you people dumb?

"OMG ANGLE VS HBK THEY ARE TRYING TO KILL THE ECW SHOW"

Yeah, because Vengeance, just two weeks after 800,000 people shelled out $35, is now going to outshadow not only One Night Stand but Wrestle freakin Mania because WWE went ahead and added HBK and Angle to the show.

Riiiiight.

Just to continue the futile SD ---------> ECW talk, even if all of the ECW stars aren't drafted, keep in mind that we could still see trades.

I don't buy into this whole logic of them stacking Vengeance just to beat the ECW pay per view.

- To exactly whom would they be proving their point? Do WWE representatives come into The SmartMarks forums and say, "Look, Vengeance outdrew ECW, so clearly the public wants more of what we do normally." The only people they justify their buyrates to are investors, which leads to...

- Even if Vengeance DOES outdraw ECW, so what? It's not like Vengeance will magically lower the ECW buyrate. Any investor looking at the numbers will see a high buyrate for the ECW one-time event, then see a normal WWE pay per view with an abnormally high buyrate and say, "Why can't you do this every month?"

Honestly, they've got an excuse within the storylines to stack a show with a ton of talent to pop a big pay per view buyrate before making a couple quick switches through the draft and trades the next night to balance things out. A ton of main eventers on one show will get more people interested in buying. More people interested in buying means more money.

They'd be stupid not to load this show and grab a quick buck.

Exactly, it is so blatant that they are building Vengeance up for some goofy reason which is stupid because Vengeance is by definition a nothing PPV and there is no way in hell 800,000 people will buy the fucking thing. Are they really expecting WM type numbers for a jobber PPV? It'll do a bit higher than the avg. single show PPV but not that much.

And this Raw was dreary crap tonight. After that emotional, brilliant PPV last night I just couldn't give two shits about seeing the likes of Muhammed Hassan and Chris Masters on my TV.

Am I foolish to give thought to Matt Hardy being rehired and interupting the Kane/Edge wedding next week?

Of course if they did that they'd have to make it into a triple threat match and putting Matt Hardy and Edge in the same match would be an obvious ploy to sabotage the success of the ECW PPV because WWE honestly thinks 900,000 people are going to order Vengeance making June have 1,700,000 PPV buys and become the highest grossing month in wrestling history.

You people can be so funny.