TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewTS

OAO Raw Thread (6-20-05): Angle v. Some Big Guy

Here's an idea: how about NOT having HHH in the main event for a decent interval. I mean the guy is a joke right now. He jobs a main event, then acts like it never happened and demands a rematch. Then jobs again, and demands another rematch with a gimmick stip. Problem is Raw right now is so short on notable heels who else is Cena going to wrestle? Angle?

Anyway, this Raw tonight was just total ass. It's odd but since the ECW PPV it's harder and harder to stomach these bland, boring Raws. I assume since there was no mention of ECW tonight that the ECW angle is over as far as Raw goes?

The wedding was silly, crowd was brilliant in chanting "BORING" during the vows. That Matt tease was one of the biggest bullshit moments in quite some time. I got legit excited when his music hit...and of course it was merely Edge playing a joke. And I dunno if anyone has mentioned this, but how in the fuck could Lita get a divorce from Kane in less than a month? I mean even in Reno and places like that it is a 6 week wait, isn't it? Further, why marry Edge anyway? The whole point of this storyline is that Lita is white trash, the Slut of the Century....she outta just shack up with Edge for a good long while, it fits the storyline better and adds to the sleazy nature of the angle. Also, why does Kane really give a shit if his whore (ex?) wife runs off with someone else? Dude, she literally called herself the Slut of the Century...be glad you're rid of her.

The one amusing thing tonight is that they finally just jobbed the shit out of Muhammed Hassan. Thank the lord. It made me wonder if he's going to Smackdown now though, he isn't on the PPV as far as I know and he did a mega clean job to Cena.

This Raw was really bad tonight, I had a hard time getting through it. Certainly didn't make me want to see this PPV real bad. Hell, I even kinda missed Chris Masters.

It just occured to me that Smackdown has largely turned into WCW circa 98. Booker, Eddie, Benoit, Mysterio, Chavo, Big Show, Kidman, Juventud, Psicosis, all on the roste, with Jericho likely to follow.

Did anyone notice how Batista didn't get hit with one move in almost BOTH matches he was in, but once he gets hit with the pedigree (complete with Batista's non-head hitting the mat action) he's DONE. Boy, one move and the champ is toast huh? And what a creative finish with Flair interfering and Tips hitting the Pedigree for the win. Did Angle and HBK vanish while brawling in the crowd?

I look foward to Batista shaking the ropes and pointing his thumbs down this Sunday.

The other awful thing was the very unfunny, very uninteresting, somewhat homosexual interaction between Angle and Bischoff. Angle must be REAL horny lately, with the whole Sharmell thing and him coming on so strong to Bischoff.

"I like your poetry"

"And I like what you do to babies"

Gayest interaction ever.

Did you forget about the Angle/Brock kiss and ass slap?

Did anyone notice how Batista didn't get hit with one move in almost BOTH matches he was in, but once he gets hit with the pedigree (complete with Batista's non-head hitting the mat action) he's DONE. Boy, one move and the champ is toast huh? And what a creative finish with Flair interfering and Tips hitting the Pedigree for the win.

The ending (with devestating pedigree) wasn't good at Wrestlemania XIX and wasn't that effective here either.

The other awful thing was the very unfunny, very uninteresting, somewhat homosexual interaction between Angle and Bischoff. Angle must be REAL horny lately, with the whole Sharmell thing and him coming on so strong to Bischoff.

"I like your poetry"

"And I like what you do to babies"

Gayest interaction ever.

Did you forget about the Angle/Brock kiss and ass slap?

I was trying to.

Guest Fook

Raw - The Good:

- Cena's promo up until Hassan came out

- Snitsky's sleeveless tux (although it would have been better if he was just wearing one of those tuxedo t-shirts)

- No Masterlock challenge

It literally took me about 10 minutes to come up with those three points. Everything else on the show was somewhere in the realm of completely fucking awful.

One of the worst Raws of all time.

Raw - The Good:

- Snitsky's sleeveless tux (although it would have been better if he was just wearing one of those tuxedo t-shirts)

-Victoria almost killing the even more annoying than usual Christy Hemme during her psycho face promo?

Guest Fook

What exactly did she do?

I changed the channel when Christy started talking and when I changed it back she was lying on the ground and had amnesia or something.

Guest fanofcoils

Will Raw draft the Bashams or two more SD important people?

Also since Raw is the superior brand, is anyone surprised Orton was drafted to SD since he is the "future"? Also is anyone surprised that Angle was drafted to Raw over the more important guy, the Undertaker?

One problem with Raw is that they are trying to get over some really unappealing guys as faces. Viscera has been a sexual predator, he's huge and fat, he basically stalked Lillian...and the guy's a face? He practically buttfucks his opponents.

Kane...forces a woman to have sex with him, forces her to marry him, is a complete psycho, and of course we're supposed to see his side and cheer him. Great.

That's why I jokingly said I missed Masters tonight. Hell he might suck but at least he's booked somewhat sanely.

I dunno if it was one of the worst Raws of all time, but it was pretty ugh. I'm telling you, these shows are seeming worse after the ECW PPV. It's made me not want to tolerate shitty wrestling.

Guest fanofcoils

At least Raw's midcarders mean something these days, unlike the past few years.

Jericho's "I don't care about matches" character was so much more interesting than the stale weak heel going after title shots and whatever character, its too bad WWE dropped it.

Raw - The Good:

-Victoria almost killing the even more annoying than usual Christy Hemme during her psycho face promo?

Carlito blowing his load....er...spitting apple on Maria's breasts.

Guest You'veGotNOCHANCE

Did anyone notice the little Flair tribute HHH put in towards the end of the match? I thought that sort of uncharacteristic, but entertaining.

Guest hhheld_down

i didnt think RAW was too bad. I didnt like the fact they ended two streaks the way they did, especially Hassan.My way of thinkin is they just want to start with a clean slate after Vengence. I think your all overreacting about the wedding. I thought it was somewhat entertaining even with the mean yet predictable copout. Carlito should be interesting on RAW. There are FAR worse RAWs, this just had too much going on for one night. Not good but not too bad either and i watched it again this morning cause i was half awake last night.

It feels like they're just pressing the reset button right now, but Jesus, could they have made any worse choices?

The IC title situation was just horribly mishandled. Carlito won, what a huge rub he gets. Now if Shelton loses at the PPV he's assed out twice to a guy with a set of 3 moves, one of which is the illegal heel pin, which is HUGELY unbelievable given what Shelton is capable of in the ring. If Shelton wins the title back you wasted an 8 month reign for nothing, because Carlito hasn't done shit and doesn't get any fucking rub other than being a guy who cheated and got lucky once, oddly, just like what happened with him and Cena when he debuted.

Then they spend almost a fucking year building up an undefeated streak for Hassan, putting him in the ring with Hogan, HBK, Foley, Austin etc. etc. and you pay this off by jobbing him in three minutes to the most over guy in the company, in a match with ZERO build no less. What the fuck?!? And don't get me wrong, I fucking HATE Hassan as a character and think he sucks in the ring, I'll be GLAD if they're pulling the plug on his push, but fuck, you wasted HOURS of TV and PPV time building this guy up and you ain't getting shit for a return on that investment. Job him to someone who NEEDS the rub, job him to fucking EUGENE for fuck's sake, that would have made more sense than what they did last night.

And then the Matt Hardy tease, I'll reserve judgement, but to suffice to say if Matt isn't showing up at the PPV then they are fucking morons for doing that.

Just put Jericho and Shelton on SD so I can be done with RAW. Please.

Guest Tjhe CyNick
No offense to the people who don't like him...I don't see Cena losing the belt anytime soon.

Especially with the CD and such out, and them trying to make him the next coming of Hogan.

Maybe that's just me.

NOt only that, but why would they make that spinner belt ony to have Cena lose in two months?

They haven't even released the thing on shopzone yet for people to buy. You'd think they at least wait until that happens before even considering having him drop the strap.

I believe this match is just set up so Cena can get another PPV win.

My guess is that we're in for a long run with Cena as champ. Depending how things go, I could even see it going past Mania next year.

The IC title situation was just horribly mishandled. Carlito won, what a huge rub he gets. Now if Shelton loses at the PPV he's assed out twice to a guy with a set of 3 moves, one of which is the illegal heel pin, which is HUGELY unbelievable given what Shelton is capable of in the ring. If Shelton wins the title back you wasted an 8 month reign for nothing, because Carlito hasn't done shit and doesn't get any fucking rub other than being a guy who cheated and got lucky once, oddly, just like what happened with him and Cena when he debuted.

I don't get that at all. Why did they give the Shelton/Carlito match on RAW if they are going to do the same match on Sunday? Did they think the first match would be so excellent that people would be demanding a rematch and order the PPV? Really stupid booking.

I also hated the ending to RAW. Why they ever have the heel look dominant before a PPV puzzles me. After RAW, Triple H looks to be the favorite to win the Cell match Sunday. So why would I want to pay to see the guy I don't like win? One of the worst RAW's since the dark days of Summer 2002.

People say Smackdown! is ass-raped by RAW right now. But Cena puts on bad matches anyways, he was pretty bland on SD!. Angle was HORRIBLE, the whole Sharmell storyline was his worst story ever in the E so he needed to go, shame about Carlito though but he sucks in the ring anyway. SD! has Orton (somewhat part of the E's future), Booker T (has been build up by Angle), JBL (still great), Undertaker (good for a feud with Orton, always a fine WWE Title contender), Chris Benoit (pulls out a good match with anybody, could hold the WWE Title), Rey Mysterio (is main event level in my eyes), Eddie Guerrero (main event level as well) and you have Big Show, who you can use for anything and Matt Morgan is going to get pushed as a big monster. SD!'s future looks bright, even more if Jericho or Christian gets drafted to SD! after one of them beats Cena at Vengeance. Because SD! NEEDS a title.

I say Eugene gets drafted to Smackdown! this week. He then starts to tag with Heidenreich against MNM. The week after Shelton Benjamin comes to SD! while RAW gets a guy like Mark Jindrak, so SD! gets the better pick that week. Jericho is the new champion after Vengeance, so he appears two times on RAW. The last week (insert name here) goes to RAW, probably Big Show or something, and Chris Jericho gets drafted to SD! and SD! has the WWE Title back and you can have a Jericho/Benoit feud, Jericho/Benjamin (nice, they already have a good background), Jericho/Booker T etc....

AND, this way Jericho stays with the WWE because he said if the WWE doesn't do anything to make him stay he will stop with wrestling at the end of the year. A WWE Title run will do the trick for sure.

28.jpg

Guest fanofcoils

Cena has been looking like a chump, feuding with Christian and Jericho, it made sense for him to go over Hassan, he needs it.

Guest panthermatt7

Carlito and Benjamin would have BOTH looked much stronger in this scenario had they booked it properly. That being, Carlito loses a close match to Shelton on last night's RAW, but shill just how close Carlito came to winning. Come Sunday, have the rematch at the PPV, and THEN have Carlito use the ropes for the win. It would've made more sense from every standpoint - it still sells Shelton's athleticism, Carlito's sneaky heelness and knowing he needs to cheat to beat Benjamin after losing the first time, etc.

Now, however, they've booked themselves in a no-win hole. Watch them have Benjamin win the title back Sunday and totally kill his character, Carlito's character AND the belt.

Cena has been looking like a chump, feuding with Christian and Jericho, it made sense for him to go over Hassan, he needs it.

Since he's been such a chump in the feud, what he needs is to win the match at the PPV, not get a nonsensical win over Hassan.

I don't get that at all. Why did they give the Shelton/Carlito match on RAW if they are going to do the same match on Sunday? Did they think the first match would be so excellent that people would be demanding a rematch and order the PPV? Really stupid booking.

I also hated the ending to RAW. Why they ever have the heel look dominant before a PPV puzzles me. After RAW, Triple H looks to be the favorite to win the Cell match Sunday. So why would I want to pay to see the guy I don't like win? One of the worst RAW's since the dark days of Summer 2002.

They're building it up the right way. HHH has lost two matches already with Batista. He needs to look strong to build to a third match. HHH getting squashed every week isn't going to shit but give a few dumb smarks an erection. It's not going to get a buyrate.

Not too bad of a raw from what I've seen. The Matt Hardy tease was hilarious. Snitsky's poem was hilarious. I liked it in a trainwreck way.

Cena went over Hassan to make Cena look good because he ended Hassan's streak. At Vengeance he loses the title to Jericho or Christian, which will make him look bad. See, this is WWE Logical, because Cena went over Hassan he can lose the belt, it won't make him "weak". Get it?

They're building it up the right way. HHH has lost two matches already with Batista. He needs to look strong to build to a third match. HHH getting squashed every week isn't going to shit but give a few dumb smarks an erection. It's not going to get a buyrate.

Since Backlash, all they've done is have Hunter kill Batista with a Sledgehammer, constantly remind us that Hunter is undefeated in Hell in the Cell, constantly remind us how great Hunter is at Hell in The Cell matches, and have Hunter pin Batista after a Pedigree. Meanwhile, Batista looks like a fool for falling for the Flair turn. I'd say that the fans look at Batista and Hunter at about even (Hunter was screwed in the rematch and the Gold Rush Tournament) and that the Cell gimmick put Hunter as the favorite to win the match.

The only way anybody will be interested in HIAC is if Batista gets drafted THIS week, and they run the storyline at the PPV of whether he will win and take the belt to Smackdown or not. Sort of like what they did with Jericho & Benoit at KOTR 2001. It does make the match outcome insanely predictable, but it is the outcome that I think most fans want and the storyline would be much better than whatever crap they are running with now. I don't care about Vengeance at all right now (Shawn gets his job back, Shelton jobs, Cena wins easily against two nothing challengers, boring HIAC) so it would at least be something different, and the fact that it would air Thursday with the PPV Sunday might create some last minute interest in the show and certainly in the HIAC match which has nothing going for it right now at all.