TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Hello Adam,

Thank you for writing to Xbox regarding your inquiry on the high definition AV pack.

We do still sell those AV packs, you could ask your local retailer to place an order for you with regards to this.

In case you have other Xbox concerns, feel free to write back. We take feedback on Xbox and our Customer Service very seriously and review customer comments daily.

Sincerely,

Anton

Xbox customer Care Team

Doesn't make sense to me, unless there was surge of HDTV buying recently.

Famitu RAGES AGAINST THE MACHINE by giving Dirge of Cerberus...an above-average score.

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3147827

Most import reviews indicates that the gameplay is a pretty lousy, but the game is purty.

There is no possible way to interpret a weeks-late 4x7 score as anything but Famitsu giving Square the finger in the only way their pathetic Japanese press selves can. This is the Japanese equivalent of the World Exclusive (and contractually obligated) 8.5 Game Informer gave Enter the Matrix pre-release.

Oh, next Famitsu is supposed to have info on a PSP Tekken.

Oh, next Famitsu is supposed to have info on a PSP Tekken.

Good.

Now Namco needs to stop slacking and get Dark Resurrection over here.

It's in some American arcades already, isn't it?

I probably won't see it until like July, though. Being in the middle of nowhere sucks sometimes.

I am pretty sure all the US DRs are just imports. I really want to try Lili.....

My arcade just lost Soul II and replaced it with a broken TTT. So stupid.

Do you still play 5? I was burnt out on it for part of last year, only briefly getting back into it for the 5.1 tournament. I got really into 3rd Strike instead. The hype for DR and dropping my weak Mishimas for learning new characters got me interested again. New characters like...JULIA.

So like months later how is SC III? Did the glitches kill the scene yet? If we get the arcade version I'll play it more.

I love T5 and try to play it whenever I can, but the local community is incredibly scrubby and most of them won't play me. Ugh. Stupid city. I still play it whenever I get a chance at tournies, but that's been about it recently.

Yay Julia! You know if she's getting any better in DR? Something to contain step would be nice.

The glitches in SC3 really didn't end up being as bad as I thought they would. After that first week when Tragic discovered everything, not much new has come out, and the glitches all ended up being pretty situational and non-gamebreaking. Unfortunately, they made the game look terrible, so all the T5 players that were thinking of learning it didn't bother. The scene is small now, but it's fairly active, at least on the east coast. The player run regionals are helping keep things alive, but after nationals and Evo it'll probably be done. An arcade version would really, really help.

You're playing Cass in SC3? She's solid. Especially 1K, best low ever.

Actually from what I've read Julia is worse or about the same. Everyone on the internet is bitching, but it's hard to tell what's melodrama or not. I know she got a new d/b+1 low that is unsafe and a new f+212 string that is not a natural combo. Yay! Another weak low. Thank you spirits! I do know on the plus side 111/1134 has been reanimated and is apparently much harder to react to.

But still, Julia's fun just based on how satisfying it is when you get a CH or low parry.

I love Cassie. Ringing yourself out with 4K after the match is over is probably the single best thing in all of SC.

I've still barely played SC III. I was playing SC II every day and really getting into it. The arcade getting rid of it killed that, pissing off every regular in the process. Guess we're going to have to meet up for console until they get SC III arcade. Either way it's forcing me to finally move onto SC III. I'll probably learn Sophie.

Blah, Julia never gets any love. 111/1143 being better does sound nice, but I'm guessing they're still both totally unsafe?

You might just want to stick with Cassie in SC3; she seems more fun than Sophie. Trying to condition people to do moves that you can counter with Sophie's A+B is nice, but other than that she's still the same seven move whore she was in SC2. The seven moves are just all better now, heh.

Wow. Is the video games industry in a down turn at the moment? I haven't bought or seen anything that I wanted to buy sice SvR2006. This is also probably the lowest I've ever seen the traffic for this section of the forums...

It's early in Q1, near the end of a console gen.

The biggies that will send out this era with a bang (KH2, FFXII, LoZTP, TRL, etc) aren't coming out until Marchish-Aprilish.

The only major console release due out soon is Black.

Blah, Julia never gets any love. 111/1143 being better does sound nice, but I'm guessing they're still both totally unsafe?

I read it's even worse. I think I saw someone say they were being punished by Anna's d/f+2 so that's pretty awful.

I also read b+2 is worse, they can just hold back to turn around before you can do anything. So 111, u/f4, all the old mixups are useless. That is such a nonsensical change.

Wow. Is the video games industry in a down turn at the moment? I haven't bought or seen anything that I wanted to buy sice SvR2006. This is also probably the lowest I've ever seen the traffic for this section of the forums...

Games that didn't do big business are also dropping like flies, the newest Tony Hawk for $30, Gun and Genji for $20 and of course the X Box got killed dead by the 360 release

Games that didn't do big business are also dropping like flies, the newest Tony Hawk for $30, Gun and Genji for $20 and of course the X Box got killed dead by the 360 release

I think once March comes around, more games will start coming out. At the moment there's like 2 or 3 titles coming out a week, and there normally titles no one cares about (Curious George). By the end of Feb. we'll see more titles being delivered. Yeah and Gun/Tony Hawk has been price dropping since Dec. .

Guest Evolution

Anyone played the demo of this yet? It was a timed demo, but what I played was pretty fun. Looks like there's going to be framerate issues on the PS2 version, but hopefully the XBox version will be able to handle it better with so much happening at once. Not completely sold on the demo, but I definitely think it'll be worth a cautious rental to make sure that it's worth the money. Fun.

I don't own the game, nor do I believe there will be enough people buying it to warrant a thread, but does anyone (Andrew?) have Tales of Legendia? Tales of Symphonia was one of my favorite games, so I will be picking this up ASAP.

Anyone played the demo of this yet? It was a timed demo, but what I played was pretty fun. Looks like there's going to be framerate issues on the PS2 version, but hopefully the XBox version will be able to handle it better with so much happening at once. Not completely sold on the demo, but I definitely think it'll be worth a cautious rental to make sure that it's worth the money. Fun.

I played the PS2 demo and I found the controls to be kinda clunky. I'm hoping the xbox controls are a more smoother.

Disgaea 2 Hands-On (Gamespot)

Due stateside sometime this summer apparently. New storyline and new lead characters, but Etna & the Prinnies return.

And my already scarce free cash was already being allocated towards beatmania (finally!), Fight Night Round 3, and the DS version of Harvest Moon. Sigh.

I had kinda hoped that 2 would start around where the original left off. Imagine how cool it would be to control Overlord Laharl and his new ally, the Seraph, as they take on an overwhelming evil from another world.

Oh well. The Disgaea anime's debuting in a few months, so I'll be able to get more from the original characters with that, at least. :)

I don't own the game, nor do I believe there will be enough people buying it to warrant a thread, but does anyone (Andrew?) have Tales of Legendia? Tales of Symphonia was one of my favorite games, so I will be picking this up ASAP.

I'm not the most timely source for info on new RPGs. The consensus I've heard so far on it is that it is good, but it's no Symphonia. Your mileage may vary.

However, I just bought Disgaea from my local EB (likely one of the re-printings).

I had kinda hoped that 2 would start around where the original left off. Imagine how cool it would be to control Overlord Laharl and his new ally, the Seraph, as they take on an overwhelming evil from another world.

Oh well. The Disgaea anime's debuting in a few months, so I'll be able to get more from the original characters with that, at least. :)

I downloaded the Disgaea anime teasers off the Gamespot site. Just the fact that they're making it guarantees I'm getting it at least twice (bootleg, fansub, and/or legit release). I'm going to be disappointed if that Disgaea 2 OP video doesn't make it to the US release.

And I can't be the only one that looked at Adell's character design and thought "Hey, did he steal Vanessa's (King of Fighters) wardrobe?"

After going to Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, Gamestop, CompUSA, Gamestop, EB Games, Wal-mart, and finally EB Games, I got my component cables.

I love my Xbox. Most of my games support progressive scan and they look beautiful and crisp. I know the PS2 and Gamecube have component cables too but I don't have that many with the progressive scan feature.

I got a new Xbox DVD drive from Microsoft about 6-9 months ago and Shenmue II is the only game that crashes on it.

Guest Smues

Going through some old tapes I came upon a commercial for Game.com. Boy how did I forget about those horrible commercials? DUKE DON'T PLAY GAMEBOY! That thing tanked so hard people don't even remember it enough to joke about it.

On a side note now I'm tempted to go hunt one down off of ebay. Damn commercials.