TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Guest T®ITEC

Anyone familiar with using ePSXe and the PSX Emulation Cheater? Because they really suck at working together and it's driving me nuts. Look, I'm a bad gamer, I need to cheat. I admit it.

Guest Smues

I saw the GH edition of Budokai 3 and almost bought it but I'm glad I didn't because when I got home I got online and started reading tons of people bitching that some copies don't have the Japanese voices because Atari hosed up and didn't print the right discs or something like that. Bah humbug.

I saw the GH edition of Budokai 3 and almost bought it but I'm glad I didn't because when I got home I got online and started reading tons of people bitching that some copies don't have the Japanese voices because Atari hosed up and didn't print the right discs or something like that. Bah humbug.

Can you imagine trying to talk to a salesperson if they ask why you took the game back?

http://www.exitmovie.net/

Watch that. It's for the PSP game Exit, out in Japan right now, coming out here in the next month or two, and it looks awesome.

http://www.taito.co.jp/d3/cp/exit/popup/pop1-wm.html

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/exit/media.html

http://www.famitsu.com/sp/051024_exit_movie/exit_taito.wmv

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/exit/preview_6133797.html

http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-.../section-games/

The Japanese version is English friendly from what I hear, with only the tutorial being in Japanese and the rest of the game in English.

I'm loving the music, I love the art style, and I want the game right now.

Yet another new Dreamcast game is being released according to gamefront.de:

poster.jpg

snap00.jpg

snap03.jpg

character.jpg

screen4.jpg

snap02.jpg

snap04.jpg

Official site of the arcade game: http://www.grev.co.jp/ud_ac/index.html

I got all of this from the Gaming-Age forums. Here is a list of Dreamcast games that have been released, or will be released, since the system "died":

-Ikaruga

-Border Down

-Chaos Field

-TriZeal

-Senko no Ronde (?)

-Radilgy / Rajirugi

-Last Hope (?) (homebrew, NeoGeo port)

-Under Defeat

Guest Tuxedo Mask

Can you imagine trying to talk to a salesperson if they ask why you took the game back?

First off, I must say that is was quite odd to see that you're actually someone named Christine, not Andrew.

Second, while I would think that at least some people working at game shops would understand the situation, I could really see that being a hilarious problem if you're trying to return it to Wal-Mart or what have you.

First off, I must say that is was quite odd to see that you're actually someone named Christine, not Andrew.

¿Qué?

Anyone familiar with using ePSXe and the PSX Emulation Cheater? Because they really suck at working together and it's driving me nuts. Look, I'm a bad gamer, I need to cheat. I admit it.

I have no help for you, but I just wanted to ask where you get your games from?

Guest T®ITEC

I only have one game, actually, which I grabbed off of a bittorrent website. I have no idea where to get other games for ePSXe.

Going through my Castlevania binge, finished DoS and SCVIV this week. Next stop SotN (again).

What, not CoD? :P

Second, while I would think that at least some people working at game shops would understand the situation, I could really see that being a hilarious problem if you're trying to return it to Wal-Mart or what have you.

1. Am not.

2. Which is why it would be funny, Cap'n.

I got all of this from the Gaming-Age forums. Here is a list of Dreamcast games that have been released, or will be released, since the system "died":

-Ikaruga

-Border Down

-Chaos Field

-TriZeal

-Senko no Ronde (?)

-Radilgy / Rajirugi

-Last Hope (?) (homebrew, NeoGeo port)

-Under Defeat

Any chance of more games from this list to be released to USA from the 0~3 company?

Guest Tuxedo Mask

Actually TS, I was agreeing with you on the returning DBZB3GH thing, just trying to point out it might go over smoothly at a game store though. I probably could have worded that much better though. And yeah, the Christine thing was a reference to the donations page where it says there is a donation from "Christine (AndrewTS)"

Figured. The PayPal/Half.com/Ebay accounts I use are in my mother's name, because they were created that way years ago. Removing them and changing them to mine is less trouble than leaving it as-is.

At least purchasing Dragon Ball games now aren't deserving of a public flogging. Just derision from, oh, anime fans who still find Eva worthy of discussion and anime snobs in general.

These PSP commercials are arguably the worst video game commercials I've seen since the Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Cosplay Nerds Hotline commercials.

(The one with the squirrels and the hairballs.

The one where a PSP is being played for 5 seconds, then flung a mile where another person catches it, etc is bad too and defies belief, but....ugh.)

Edited by AndrewTS

Finally picked up Mercenaries the other day (last used copy EB had). It's REALLY fun and catharic to, after making sure your game is saved first, just start ordering air strikes on everything you see. I've already put some good time into it and am not even through the first deck yet.

Is Dr. Robotnik and Dr. Eggman the same person, if so then why was the name changed?

Yes, it's the same.

Reason they changed it is that's what he's ALWAYS been called in Japan, and when they started putting more text about Eggman in the Adventure games (Adventure 2 comes to mind), they just decided to go with it.

Though he is still Robotnik...as his grandfather was Gerald Robotnik.

Prince of Persia: Warrior Within may have the worst map system ever. If not, close to it.

It's just a big poster of the island. Objectives are marked on there, but you don't get a compass, it doesn't show layout of traveled areas, and it doesn't show your little picture of the Prince as having moved at all until you've traveled quite a distance.

Take a wrong turn and you may end up saving in an area where you shouldn't have gone...and probably have to take a looooong detour to get back where you need to be.

Yeah, I hated that about WW. I am glad TT is back to being linear where you just go from new place to new place. The fun of POP is making one crazy jump after another, not backtracking or trying to figure out where to go.

It isn't necessarily that--it could be incredible if done right. However, a non-linear game with one huge, interlocking environment really could use a good map to make it fun to navigate.

Imagine if Super Metroid and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night had no maps.

Now imagine if they were in 3D.

"The sequel of Afterlife [3rd Resident Evil movie] is currently known as Resident Evil 4 but will be changed to avoid confusion with the game Resident Evil 4. It is rumored to be titled Resident Evil: Annihilation"

I find that title choice pretty funny.

Here is a first look at Splinter Cell for the PSP:

imag00116ex.jpg

imag00136pv.jpg

imag00148fk.jpg

imag00164sl.jpg

http://www.jeux-france.com/news13852_splin...en-details.html

Online translation:

Ubisoft reveals the first information concerning Tom Clancy' S: Splinter Cell Essentials planned for this year on PSP. It would act thus of a new episode of the series, and not of a simple remake, which will propose to us to include/understand the origins of the Fisher agent, and will make by the same occasion light on certain hidden aspects of next Tom Clancy' S Splinter Cell: Double Agent envisaged on consoles of living room. Dimensioned gameplay, one will find the indicators of visibility and noise relative to Sam Fisher, but also a new optimized gauge indicating to the hero the noises that make the enemies in the neighbourhoods, a very interesting functionality which was added to make it possible to the player to play under good conditions with its portable console even if sound quality is degraded. The player will have to also know to manage the physical state of Sam Fisher, it will be necessary for him indeed well to proportion his movements and to superimpose two sights to obtain a precise shooting, thing which appears more difficult when our hero is wounded. The only black spot of the play would be the system of camera which is announced for the moment like completely manual. Tom Clancy' S: Splinter Cell Essentials should propose several multijoueurs modes of which a mode 'One vs one' in Wi-Fi. To follow.

I feel so dirty right now, so very dirty.

I bought an Xbox 360 (premium) today, with Madden 2006 and Call of Duty 2. Here is my personal quick story:

I was doing research on DS games, and noticed that Lost In Blue is really hard to find now, so I decided to go out on the hunt for it since I actually wanted to try it out. I printed off two of the $10/off Best Buy coupons, and went on my way. On my way, I called Blockbuster and they told me they had a copy, so I went there and used some credit I had on backup and bought Lost In Blue. As a side note, while in Blockbuster, I noticed a guy acting strange, asking the manager where this game and that game were located, then he'd go to the back of the store, then ask again, etc... Eventually, I heard the manager just go insane, telling the guy to get out of the store right that second or he was going to call the cops. The guy was taking games, WRAPPING THEM IN TIN FOIL, and putting them away in his jacket. I thought for sure I was going to see something bad happen because when the manager caught him, the guy got very pissed and vocal, but he eventually left. When I finally left, I saw the guy just walking down the highway, more than likely to another one of the stores. Then before I left town for good today, I saw him again just walking through the Target parking lot. Ugh.

Anyway...

Since I had two of those coupons on me, I decided to go to Best Buy anyway to check out the DS games.

I go in there, and they of course didn't have Lost In Blue (Blockbuster only had that one that I bought), and AS I WAS LEAVING, I noticed out of the corner of my eye, I noticed six 360 systems on the shelf (two core, four premium). My first instinct was to walk away, but something was pulling me back, back...back. As I started to walk away, I noticed someone playing the Call of Duty 2 demo, and I backtracked. I watched for a second, then, without even thinking about it, I grabbed a premium 360 and held it in my arms. I stared at it for a while, wondering just what in the hell I was doing holding it in the first place. I didn't really need one, however much I wanted one, but I recently had good luck on eBay selling a few things on eBay, and that did me in.

I grabbed Madden 2006 and Call of Duty 2, and power-walked to the front of the store with the two games and the system. I knew that if I just strolled along, I would change my mind for sure.

I used both of the coupons I had to save me $20 (they didn't even question it at all). As I was paying, I said to the cashier "I don't know why I have my coat on, it's way hot in here right now", and they glared at me in an unusual way, surely thinking I was a bit odd.

So yeah, I bought one totally blind today, unplanned, spur of the moment. Why do I feel dirty you ask? Simple - I never thought I'd ever pay that much for a video game system, ever. Wow.

So here I am now, setting up Xbox Live and downloading the Condemned demo to try out. I am now one of you guys, Gooble Gobble!

When I had an Xbox, I never got into the Xbox Live thing, so this is totally new for me. I've never actually done any online gaming other than on the DS, and I just started that. I take it I'm in for something of a shock, because this looks so expansive right now. I'm also shocked at how easy it was to set this thing up, especially online. All I had to do was connect one end of the cable into port 2 of my router, and the other end into the 360, and BAM, I was online.

They probably thought you were going to whip your coat off and start flashing people or something.

I never used XBox Live, so I didn't know what I was getting into. So far so good. Just waiting for more of the free content really. I hate the thought of spending $55 to reup my Live subscription after paying all that money for the system and games then paying even more money for gamer pics, demos, and other stuff. The Franz Ferdinand video is pretty good (the riff after the song intro is catchy), and the Red vs. Blue short is entertaining enough, with a couple of decent laughs.

Look for gunslinger57 if'n ya want.

And now the wait for the PS3 begins :D .