TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

It's probably just touched up concept screens. Until it appears in a playable vid form, don't give it much thought.

However, Rev and PS3 are both getting Rayman 4.

In other Ubi news, Project Assassins from the Prince of Persia Sands of Time info is here:

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3148998&did=1

Freakin' aces.

Here's a list of allegedly leaked Ubi 2007 releases (Gamepro claims).

Tom Clancy's Firehawk (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC, Xbox, PS2)

Assassin (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PSP)

Lumines 2 (PS2, PSP)

Game 5 (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Alive (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)

Naruto (Xbox 360)

Rayman 4 (PS3, Xbox 360, Rev, PC, PS2, handheld)

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

bunch of info on Red Steel

bunch of info:

-Game development started shortly after E3 2005. Ubisoft saw and demoed the controller before E3 2005.

-Ubisoft Paris took their idea directly to Iwata and Miyamoto, and were given the go ahead. After that meeting they were given prototype controllers. The article states that Ubisoft worked "closely" with Nintendo's engineers in Japan on the title

-Game Informer mentions that while conducting the interviews with Ubisoft, they were handed the "latest version" of the controllervel consisted of shooting ranges that popped out from behind cover

"A

-During the beginning of the game, you are encouraged to use your weapons ruthlessly, but as the game progresses you become more proficient and strategic. This gameplay idea led Ubisoft to decide to give the game a martial arts setting. "Enter the Yakuza"

-The first third of the game will be all about being "brutal by necessity"

-You will be less precise and favor more devastating weapons (machine guns)

-As you progress and become more precise, smaller guns will be used

-"The goal...is to use five bullets to kill five enemies"

-"When fighting with this level of skill, the music and sound effects will reflect it, remaining calm and peaceful"

-"When you fight brutally, the sounds around you grow increasingly more intense"

-"Audio feedback"

-Freeze shot: by fighting effciently you fill the Freeze Shot gauge...fighting chaotically causes to decreases

-When the gauge is filled you can hit a button to momentarily stop time, and then target specific locations on enemy bodies

-Headshots thus are tempting, but non lethal shots, such as shooting guns out of enemy hand, can be more beneficial

-By defeating high ranking leaders who command others and sparing their lives, you will be rewarded. He will offer you respect and help (guns, help, new weapons, alternate paths, etc)

-Respect plays a MAJOR part in the game

-Flailing your sword isn't a smart idea

-Specific motions with the controller will trigger combos (in the final game)

-Tracing an X in the air, for instance, will unleash a devastating attack

-You can stop these combos at any time by simply pausing your own movement. So if you do something that leaves you open to attack, you won't be screwed

-New moves will be taught to you by two mentors in the game

-One will teach you gun tactics, and another will teach sword tactics

-If you don't show the proper respect to them, they won't help you

-Friendly/respectful interaction is tied to the controller

-You signal "yes/no" answers by nodding the controller up or down or shaking it from side to side

-You show extra respect by bowing to the masters

-Ubisoft is still coming up with other interactions

-"You can act disrespectively as well: there are no cut scenes in the game - all conversations take place in game, as in Half Life 2. However unlike that game, characters wont keep prattling on if you walk away from them. They will react angrily to your imputent behavior"

-Staying in the master's good graces is key: they give you missions that can be tackled in any order

-You track down the gang leaders and try to turn them to your side. If you don't, they will join Tokai's (the main villian) gang

-You have to prove you are worthy to them by battling them and sparing their lives.

-You will need as many of them with you as possible to face Tokai. Without their help, you'll have a rough time when you finally face him

-You turn gang leaders to your side by besting them in battle and stopping a deadly blow miliseconds before it strikes

-Training sessions are offered by the two masters so you can hone your skills

Game Informer's hands on:

-The two triggers on the front of the analog unit activate ducking and jumping. The analog stick controls movement, and the revmote controls aiming. No rails.

-Aiming with the controller is as simple as using a laser pointer. You point your hand at a target and hit the trigger on the underside of the controller to fire

-"Unlike other FPS games, which tie the camera and aiming together, Red Steel's camera follows your aim with a slight delay. If, for example, you point to the edge of the screen, the camera will turn to re-center on your view after a second. With the sensitivity of the controller, a standard FPS control would move too much, potentially making the player feel ill

-"Thanks to the improved reaction that the controller offers, the team can create gunfight scenerios that would be extraordinarily diffilcult with a standard controller"

-Most console FPS games limit their enemies to horizontal planes to prevent player frustration, but targets on a verticle plane are just as easy to hit with the Revolution controller

-You can aim at a target as quickly as you can move your hand

-In the demo targets popped up on rooftops and in second story windows, as well as behind cover points on the ground, and all were equally easy to hit

-While you can quickly shoot enemies anywhere on screen, Red Steel never feels in a light-gun game - this is a true FPS, one that feels like it has drawn from the best of both the PC and console shooter worlds

-Straffing is extremely easy and effortless

-"Aiming felt similar to using a PC mouse, and it's possible to quickly explore every direction in a three-dimensional space with quick gestures"

-"In the finished game, you will be able to push forward with the controller to knock over an object to use for cover, pull it backwards to reload, and twist it to lead behind walls"

-Lob grenades with the controller, or roll them on the ground like a bowling ball

-"gangsta style" shooting is cool

-Total immersion. Feels like you are living the game

-According to lead game designer Oriola, it takes roughly three seconds to turn completely around around in most console shooters, while it takes about one-quarter second in a PC game. In Red Stel, it takes one second

-AI characters will care for themselves. They will go for cover, attack you while you're reloading. They focus on risk management

-"They won't walk around a table to get to you. They will simply jump over the table"

-"The benchmark for their intelligence and aggressiveness, says Oriola, is the PC title F.E.A.R., which has widely been praised for it's AI"

An FPS I might actually be interested in; awesome.

I honestly forgot about the triggers under the revmote. The analog they refer to for movement is obviously the nunchuku add-on, which was how I expected it would be handled.

I really hope (Project) Assassin does come out on Revolution as well.

I was looking over the preorder list at GameCrazy and noticed it listed Victorious Boxers 2 for the PS2. I'm pretty surprised to see it coming stateside and I already have some money down for it.

Anyone try MLB 2K6 yet?

Hmm, some VF5 vids up... Crazy impressive detail in the graphics and I really like the stage design and music. The gameplay still looks as rigid as ever, though. Low jab, throw and that terrible oki game are still in full effect. Can't wait to hear all the magazines talk about how 'deep' it is. Still, looking forward to it.

Lau Vs Akira

http://web.utk.edu/~dzau/VF/pics/VF5_Lau_akira.wmv

Jacky VS Goh

http://web.utk.edu/~dzau/VF/pics/SuperGold...O-NAME(Goh).wmv

Brad VS Sarah

http://axts10.web.infoseek.co.jp/vf5sarah/new.wmv

El Blaze VS Akira

http://www.kakomubi.2y.net/sn/src/up0001.wmv

Lion Vs Vanessa

http://www.kakomubi.2y.net/sn/src/up0004.wmv

Jeff VS Kage

http://www.doupe.cz/vaulty/virtuafighter/m.../VF5/up2669.wmv

Namflow (Shun) vs TenshilLabu (Brad)

http://www.doupe.cz/vaulty/virtuafighter/m...F5/shunbrad.wmv

Namflow (Shun) vs Vanessa

http://www.doupe.cz/vaulty/virtuafighter/m...shunvanessa.wmv

El Blaze VS Wolf

http://www.doupe.cz/vaulty/virtuafighter/m...BlazevsWolf.wmv

IN GENERAL FOR VF5 VIDS GO HERE

http://hosted.filefront.com/vfdc

The animation is impressive. Old, sickly Lau looks cool. The new feature for VF.Net that allows you to download matches to your PC is brilliant. T6 needs to do that. It's a lot nicer than watching match vids recorded by a shakey camera.

T5 DR for PSP comes out in June. I haven't played a PSP but I hope the Dpad is not as bad as it's made out to be. I've seen people that act like it's difficult to do a fireball motion. I don't want to play DR if I can't even backdash properly.

Oh so that's why the videos look so clean. Yeah, that's a great feature. Sega certainly knows how to make arcade cabinets.

I'm not gonna bother with DR for PSP. I don't have a PSP, no one I know has a PSP and it's not worth $300 to play the computer. I really hope DR comes to a real console at some point, even if it's awhile later.

I have a PSP and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max (which I also recommend you pick up if you are going for the fighting game experience on the system). The D-Pad is no where near as bad as the uncoordinated masses make out. It does, however, feel a little different and takes getting used to. It's a learning curve, just like everything else really.

I've only had the game a week or so and I can pretty much rip it up consistently with most characters. Diagonals are tougher, however it is just a matter of experimenting and finding what motion works best with you. Once you're over that, it's all natural.

You shouldn't have to experiment to be able to hit diagonals. I put too much time and energy into the arcade version to be messing around with that. Nobody is going to be playing two player either. I've never heard of people meeting up to play...a handheld game.

The better I get at T5 and 3S the less tolerance I have for other fighting games, playing one player or weak ports/handheld versions. I'm sure Alpha 3 is a good port but it's still a handheld.

And DR really is awesome. I have not played anything but that(and console T5) since it came out almost 2 months ago. DR is the only thing I spend my gaming time/money on.

MK Armageddon comes out in a few months. It looks.....bad.

It looks like Diehard Gamefan magazine is back...in spirit.

I found an odd mag called Hardcore Gamer Magazine. One of the editors, Alicia Ashby, is a friend of a friend, and Jeremy Peeples (often-time GameFAQs contributor) also takes part.

The cover art looked darn familiar. Terry Wolfinger is the art director. I'm not sure if any of the old staff is back (definitely no E. Storm or Nick Rox), but real names plus wacky avatars are featured, including a Monitaur on steroids.

The layouts are very GF-ish, and it covers some weird-ass imports...and has a cosplay section.

I started playing Dragonov recently, and I like him too. Great spacing/poking game. Kinda feels like a Soul Calibur character, heh. d/f+4 and u/f+3 are great. u/f+3 also gets mad bonus points for looking totally ridiculous.

Namco's had a quite a good run of new characters in T5 and DR. Except for Asuka they've all been different and fun. Pretty impressive.

Yeah, it looks like Marduk's goofy looking hopkick. u/f+4 is a good launcher too.

I play Asuka. I think she's different enough from Jun. Jun was weak.

Guest Askewniverse

Some info for NCAA Football '07 has popped up.

Description from EBgames.com and GameStop.com:

Turn the tide in your favor and control momentum like never before with NCAA Football 07. Storm ahead early or come from behind late with drive-stopping sacks, key turnovers, and clutch first down conversions on your path to the first-ever BCS Championship Game in Dynasty Mode. In the all-new Student Athlete mode, you must remain disciplined to maintain a high GPA and improve your character and intelligence on and off the field. Grab your text books, strap on your helmet, and experience the true year-round passion of college football with NCAA Football 07.

Features

* All-New Momentum System—Capitalize on your window of opportunity as big plays, defensive stops, trick plays, and special teams keep you in a constant struggle for momentum.

* Back to School—Excel in the classroom to improve your overall character, and then balance your time wisely between studies, practice, and social events as you live the life of a Student Athlete.

* All-New Spring Game—Determine your depth chart in Dynasty Mode and decide whether to red-shirt incoming blue chip freshmen by evaluating their performances in the annual spring game.

* New Spring Drills—Hone your skills with 11 new and challenging mini-games focusing on all aspects of the game, including Rush the Quarterback, Passing Distance, and more.

* New Ways to Play—Utilize new gameplay mechanics like Jump the Snap, Slide Protection, Smart Routes, Defensive Hot Routes, and Precision Passing to gain every advantage over your rivals.

* All-New ESPN Integration—Get the latest sports news with real-time updates from ESPN Radio, and track all your latest Dynasty information via ESPN the Magazine and ESPN.com.

I'm not too crazy about the new classroom stuff. I don't want a football game to turn into The Sims.

I found an odd mag called Hardcore Gamer Magazine. One of the editors, Alicia Ashby, is a friend of a friend, and Jeremy Peeples (often-time GameFAQs contributor) also takes part.

The cover art looked darn familiar. Terry Wolfinger is the art director. I'm not sure if any of the old staff is back (definitely no E. Storm or Nick Rox), but real names plus wacky avatars are featured, including a Monitaur on steroids.

The layouts are very GF-ish, and it covers some weird-ass imports...and has a cosplay section.

Link: http://www.defunctgames.com/freezeframe/freezeframe-56.php4

Link: http://www.defunctgames.com/freezeframe/freezeframe-56.php4

My store has been getting the Hardcore gamer magazines since last year. They're ok to be honest. A lot of game previews get two spread pages. The reviews could be better and are short, but overall its an ok magazine.

A couple years late, but I've gotten God of War.

Hoooly shit is this game amazing. I can't remember the last time I yelled out "HOLYSHIT" like I did for the Hydra level.

I seriously doubt it can maintain the same level of greatness the entire run, but it should be a fun ride.

Some info for NCAA Football '07 has popped up.

Description from EBgames.com and GameStop.com:

Turn the tide in your favor and control momentum like never before with NCAA Football 07. Storm ahead early or come from behind late with drive-stopping sacks, key turnovers, and clutch first down conversions on your path to the first-ever BCS Championship Game in Dynasty Mode. In the all-new Student Athlete mode, you must remain disciplined to maintain a high GPA and improve your character and intelligence on and off the field. Grab your text books, strap on your helmet, and experience the true year-round passion of college football with NCAA Football 07.

Features

* All-New Momentum System—Capitalize on your window of opportunity as big plays, defensive stops, trick plays, and special teams keep you in a constant struggle for momentum.

* Back to School—Excel in the classroom to improve your overall character, and then balance your time wisely between studies, practice, and social events as you live the life of a Student Athlete.

* All-New Spring Game—Determine your depth chart in Dynasty Mode and decide whether to red-shirt incoming blue chip freshmen by evaluating their performances in the annual spring game.

* New Spring Drills—Hone your skills with 11 new and challenging mini-games focusing on all aspects of the game, including Rush the Quarterback, Passing Distance, and more.

* New Ways to Play—Utilize new gameplay mechanics like Jump the Snap, Slide Protection, Smart Routes, Defensive Hot Routes, and Precision Passing to gain every advantage over your rivals.

* All-New ESPN Integration—Get the latest sports news with real-time updates from ESPN Radio, and track all your latest Dynasty information via ESPN the Magazine and ESPN.com.

I'm not too crazy about the new classroom stuff. I don't want a football game to turn into The Sims.

I'm guessing the NCAA asked them to put that in as a good PR move.

Hoooly shit is this game amazing. I can't remember the last time I yelled out "HOLYSHIT" like I did for the Hydra level.

I seriously doubt it can maintain the same level of greatness the entire run, but it should be a fun ride.

Renegade and I would say that's a resounding "no." However, there's plenty of people who would disagree with us.

You're going to be hack hack hack hacking away with the chain/blades for a hell of a long time, though.

Guest Askewniverse

Didn't the game come out last year?

I got GoW a few weeks ago. Maybe it's a recent change, but the Greatest Hits label was only on the shrinkwrap, instead of the actual cover and disc art. Same thing with Gran Turismo 4. Why didn't they do this earlier? It makes more sense than printing new cover art for every single game that becomes a GH, unless the game has added content (like DMC 3, Midnight Club 3, etc).

I still wish EA didn't have exclusive rights to the NFL license. I played Madden '06 at a friend's house a few days ago, but I didn't like it as much as 2K5.

I STILL play 2k5. I just update the rosters myself. A bit of a pain, but better than the shitty gameplay of Madden.

I made Cadillac Williams and I'm just running wild with the Bucs. Ended up signing Lavar Arrington....him and Derrick Brooks are an insane pair of OLBs, I terrorize every backfield.

Here's an old-school question: Are Ghouls n' Ghosts and Super Ghouls n' Ghosts completely different games? I always thought Super was just a remake of the original but now I think I may be wrong.

They're completely different games. And the "original" was Ghosts n' Goblins, sequel was Ghouls n' Ghosts, and Super was an SNES exclusive 3rd entry in the series.

http://gngseries.retrogames.com/ <-- gives you a look at the series' different levels.

It's arguable whether or not to count the Maximo games, but the PSP version is supposed to be a totally original entry, but returns to the series' roots with the gameplay.