TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Don't you hate when you find a game and think "Why am I not playing this more often?", only to pop it in, get ~20 minutes in and have it give you a "Disc may be dirty or damaged" freeze error?

Gamecube DRE?

My first gamecube had those errors. I returned it and the one I have now works perfectly.

I have a GameCube that works great. It's called the Nintendo Wii.

(disclaimer: that is a comment about the joys of backwards compatibility, not a "Wii is a GameCube with motion controls" joke).

I currently use my Wii as my GameCube as well, only because I gave my real GameCube to my sister after buying the Wii. I miss having a purple box sitting on my shelf.

That is fucking brilliant.

"This shit is worse than Panic at the Disco!"

the street figher sound effects made it funny for me. I think if that wasn't added, I would have never watched it.

This is a spin off from the Sega thread.

But I seriously would have bought a Chao game if they had made one, then again at the time I was playing Pokémon like a mad man with my mate. We played it before it was cool, and people said we were losers. LOSERS AHEAD OF THE CURVE I think you'll find. How 7 years pass so quickly

This is a spin off from the Sega thread.

But I seriously would have bought a Chao game if they had made one, then again at the time I was playing Pokémon like a mad man with my mate. We played it before it was cool, and people said we were losers. LOSERS AHEAD OF THE CURVE I think you'll find. How 7 years pass so quickly

I want a Servbot game. :D

Has anyone played the new Pirates of the Carib game? I downloaded the 360 demo, and holy crap it's awful.

Most of it feels like a really lousy, retarded Prince of Persia. Despite the fact that *every system you play it on* has analog joysticks you have to HOLD A BUTTON to run. Jack has two speeds: Fat Wario speed and Sorta-ok speed. The combat is pathetic for the most part (attack, attack to defeat most enemies, at least in the demo level), except for the ones that you need to use a special attack to defeat (hooray for context-sensitive commands!).

The platforming is total rip on the Prince, but reaaaally slow and stupid. I love how you have to push a crate (YES CRATE PUSHING MADE IT IN) to get to ledge where the ledge already has a stack of crates that are arranged like two big steps and would be easier to climb. But you can't climb it because it's part of the scenery.

It's also one of the games where you can't do *anything* until the game tells you how to do it. For example, the attack button, she does nothing, until the games tells you "oh, you can attack with A."

To break up the boredom, there is a sword duel minigame. If you've ever played Great Swordsman, think of it like that. It's fairly simple, 3 attack levels, being quick or lucky, but it gets boring quick.

It looks ok, but as if the graphics are where all the programmers efforts went.

I want a Servbot game. :D

lmao, now that would be awesome. What kind of game would it be? Some sort of construction puzzle game, maybes like Lemmings?

Has anyone played the new Pirates of the Carib game? I downloaded the 360 demo, and holy crap it's awful.

Deleated it after 5minutes, it was so sluggish and boring.

Talking of sluggish and boring, Forza 2 has crazy long loading times, at least on the promo copy we got at work today. It could be that the demo pod is on its last legs and is taking a while to spin up to speed now. But it still seemed to take ages to load up the start of a race. Looks good though.

Forza does have terrible load times when loading up a race. It really sucks when you finish a race, and want to re-run it, but are forced to go back to the main menu and select the race again, rather than just having a retry option. Even GT4 has better load times, which is kind of sad, because the load times in GT4 were rather annoying too.

That's a shame, cos it instantly put me off buying the game when I saw how long it was taking to load up a race. That maybe fickle, but I would really have thought we were past the days of 1 minute loading times. Well, now I think about it PS3 has horrible loading times too, guess its just the current batch of next gen games.