TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
{''({o..o})''}

Comments that don't warrant a thread

Morgan Webb is growing on me. I've been seeing a lot of her on TV for E3 and she looks better than I originally thought. I think it was those awful, over-produced glamour photos that turned me off.

I've watched some of the E3 coverage on G4, first time I watched that channel in over a year (since last years E3).

Adam Sessler has gotten better. He's way better when he's not forced to regurgitate horrible lines written by reject Hollywood/sitcom/WWE writers.

And Morgan Webb looks like Stephanie McMahon now O_O. She still sucks though.

i have a serious crush on Olivia Munn, Morgan Webb and Kristin Holt my three reasons of watching G4 :wub:

I've watched some of the E3 coverage on G4, first time I watched that channel in over a year (since last years E3).

Adam Sessler has gotten better. He's way better when he's not forced to regurgitate horrible lines written by reject Hollywood/sitcom/WWE writers.

And Morgan Webb looks like Stephanie McMahon now O_O. She still sucks though.

she got fat?

So I get to work this morning and the most exciting release date for me and my work friend came in... Madden 08 -17th August... what the hell, that crept up out of no where!

Any news or vids lying around?

So I get to work this morning and the most exciting release date for me and my work friend came in... Madden 08 -17th August... what the hell, that crept up out of no where!

Any news or vids lying around?

360 version runs at 60 fps.

PS3 version runs at 30 fps.

Wii version features a one-handed, simplified "family" mode using just the wiimote (no nunchuck), where the player doesn't control all the movement, just passes and stuff. There are some some other features detailed here.

Can someone please explain to me Rockband. It sounds like you get to sing, play the guitar, or play the drums but is all this stuff going to be bundled with it, do you have to buy everything seperately and is there a price yet? It seems the game will be really expensive.

You can sing or you can "sing" (hum).

A bundle hasn't been announced but you can buy all accessories separately (and you can use an already-purchased guitar if you already got one for your platform of choice).

Prices have not been finalized.

It's a "holiday 2007" release.

I played a mobile game (hold the jokes) the other day, that was actually worth my time. I don't normally play them, but when I saw a God of War game was available, I had to give it a shot. Definitely worthy of a pickup...actually makes you get the same feellings you get when you play the console version (somewhat).

I reckon I'd end up getting the drum Rockband set, if I was interested at all, since I've already got guitar hero. The only thing putting me off, is that I got bored of Guitar Hero very quickly.

I'm torn between getting a Wii or a 360 but since I can't find the Wii anywhere, I'm probably just going to get the Box soon. I really don't know much about gadgetry and I just want to play some good games. Is the cheap Core package worth it? Can I play Xbox Live with it? I've heard so many different things and I don't really know what to believe. Also it does not help that people explain the differences in a tech language I don't understand. I just want to know if I should get the 250 or 350 model (if the price cut is true). Basically, I want to be able to play with some friends of mine and some uncles that I don't get to see anymore but I don't really wanna rush out and buy the system yet because I don't know shit. I want to be able to go online, but my router is in the basement and my room is in the second floor and I'm not sure how that's going to work. Can someone offer some advice? I know there's an Xbox 360 thread but I couldnt really find a clear answer there. Also, I want to know if I should just wait until I find a Wii.

I'm torn between getting a Wii or a 360 but since I can't find the Wii anywhere, I'm probably just going to get the Box soon. I really don't know much about gadgetry and I just want to play some good games. Is the cheap Core package worth it? Can I play Xbox Live with it? I've heard so many different things and I don't really know what to believe. Also it does not help that people explain the differences in a tech language I don't understand. I just want to know if I should get the 250 or 350 model. Basically, I want to be able to play with some friends of mine and some uncles that I don't get to see anymore but I don't really wanna rush out and buy the system yet because I don't know shit. I want to be able to go online, but my router is in the basement and my room is in the second floor and I'm not sure how that's going to work. Can someone offer some advice? I know there's an Xbox 360 thread but I couldnt really find a clear answer there. Also, I want to know if I should just wait until I find a Wii.

if you want the 360 get the one with the hardrive, if you get the core package you just get the system and the hook ups and what not, with the Pro package you get the Hardrive and a wireless controller

Get the Xbox. It has better games than the Wii right now, and considering what's announced, it looks like it has a better future too. The premium Xbox is the one you want, as the Core is terribly lacking and you'd need to buy most of the premium components anyway. Just know that you have to pay to play games online via Xbox Live. If getting an ethernet line to the Xbox is a no-go, you'll have to get a wireless router and pay the extortion price for an Xbox 360 wireless adapter. Although apparently there are 3rd party wireless adapters that plug in to the ethernet port, but I don't know how much those go for nor have I been able to find out where they're sold.

If you don't give a crap about wireless controllers like me, you can get the core for a little less than the 299 online and buy a harddrive for like 60 bucks from ebay. Sure that only saves you like 40 bucks, but 40 bucks is 40 bucks.

Get the Xbox. It has better games than the Wii right now, and considering what's announced, it looks like it has a better future too. The premium Xbox is the one you want, as the Core is terribly lacking and you'd need to buy most of the premium components anyway. Just know that you have to pay to play games online via Xbox Live. If getting an ethernet line to the Xbox is a no-go, you'll have to get a wireless router and pay the extortion price for an Xbox 360 wireless adapter. Although apparently there are 3rd party wireless adapters that plug in to the ethernet port, but I don't know how much those go for nor have I been able to find out where they're sold.

There are plenty of adapters online and even walmart carries them. Look for the Belkin one as it is usually around $40-50.

I'd wait a month or so for the 360; when it's CONFIRMED the smaller chipsets are being shipped, and to increase the likelyhood you'll end up getting one.

What that amounts to, is basically getting a 360 that isn't already broke when you take it out of the box.

Capcom is making a new 2D fighter, Sengoku Basara X. The previous game came out here as Devil Kings and was a pretty good Dynasty Warriors/Musou clone.

Arc System Works is making a new 3D Guilty Gear. Not a one-on-one fighter, but a real time strategy game.

Capcom is making a new 2D fighter, Sengoku Basara X. The previous game came out here as Devil Kings and was a pretty good Dynasty Warriors/Musou clone.

Arc System Works is making a new 3D Guilty Gear. Not a one-on-one fighter, but a real time strategy game.

Wait....what?!

They're really milking Guilty Gear for all that it's worth, what with this and all of the versions of the original game.

That being said, I love Strategy RPGs (I think that's what they're going for) and am anxious to see how this turns out.

It might be similar to Grim Grimoire, which was an RTS, just not a RTS in the same vein as your WarCrafts and StarCrafts of the world. But the article also says there is going to be 3d fighting in the game as well, so maybe it'll be like Soul Calibur where you're playing on a strategy map, and the battles are fought between characters in the typical fighting genre way.

They're really milking Guilty Gear for all that it's worth, what with this and all of the versions of the original game.

That being said, I love Strategy RPGs (I think that's what they're going for) and am anxious to see how this turns out.

The most info I've seen about the gameplay:

Action sequences feature what's referred to as "melee action," with players facing off against multiple enemies on the battle field. However, even though the game is no longer jsut one on one fights, you can look forward to all the aerial combos and super moves that you've come to expect from the series.

In addition to the combat, the game includes a strategy component. During battle, you can open up a briefing window. From here, you can plan your strategy for the battle field as a whole, placing orders for new units and sending orders to your current set of units.

Sounds like the strat game in SC3...which I didn't ever bother with, but everyone MEHed it.

Jostens Bringing Championship Rings to Madden NFL 08

Andy Chalk posted on 17 Jul 2007 8:14 am

ea, jostens, madden, nfl 08, ring

Jostens, creator of high-school and Super Bowl Championship rings, will be offering real-world rings to players of Electronic Arts' Madden NFL 2008.

In conjunction with Electronic Arts, the company will be offering a custom-designed "Ring of a Champion" for sale to gamers who have progressed to certain levels in the game. Ring designs will be based on the player's Madden Gamer Level, and according to the press release, "can be customized to recognize the player advancements throughout the game."

"We wanted our gamers to have something tangible to recognize their achievements within Madden NFL 08 and we kept coming back to Super Bowl Rings," said Madden NFL 08 Lead Producer David Ortiz. "We wanted to remain authentic to the real Super Bowl ring, therefore we forged a great partnership with Jostens to allow our gamers to proudly display their NFL 08 skills."

The rings will become available for purchase once a player reaches level three in the game, via a code given by the game that must be entered at the Jostens website. 32 NFL logos can be incorporated into the ring, the tops and sides are customizable, and players who "execute an extraordinary achievement" can obtain Epic ring status, allowing for enhanced design and uniqueness.

The Madden NFL 08 rings will range in price from $149 for non-precious metal to $495 for a 10K gold ring. Simulated stones will be included in the ring designs along with cubic zirconium, and an option to include genuine diamonds will also be available. The rings will go on sale beginning August 14.

I wish this was fake

Jostens Bringing Championship Rings to Madden NFL 08

Andy Chalk posted on 17 Jul 2007 8:14 am

ea, jostens, madden, nfl 08, ring

Jostens, creator of high-school and Super Bowl Championship rings, will be offering real-world rings to players of Electronic Arts' Madden NFL 2008.

In conjunction with Electronic Arts, the company will be offering a custom-designed "Ring of a Champion" for sale to gamers who have progressed to certain levels in the game. Ring designs will be based on the player's Madden Gamer Level, and according to the press release, "can be customized to recognize the player advancements throughout the game."

"We wanted our gamers to have something tangible to recognize their achievements within Madden NFL 08 and we kept coming back to Super Bowl Rings," said Madden NFL 08 Lead Producer David Ortiz. "We wanted to remain authentic to the real Super Bowl ring, therefore we forged a great partnership with Jostens to allow our gamers to proudly display their NFL 08 skills."

The rings will become available for purchase once a player reaches level three in the game, via a code given by the game that must be entered at the Jostens website. 32 NFL logos can be incorporated into the ring, the tops and sides are customizable, and players who "execute an extraordinary achievement" can obtain Epic ring status, allowing for enhanced design and uniqueness.

The Madden NFL 08 rings will range in price from $149 for non-precious metal to $495 for a 10K gold ring. Simulated stones will be included in the ring designs along with cubic zirconium, and an option to include genuine diamonds will also be available. The rings will go on sale beginning August 14.

I wish this was fake

you gotta be kidding me... it's sad that some people probably would waste their money on this too

They're probably just being offered so people can buy a cheap one and offer it as a tournament prize, instead of giving away a console or something.

Hell, if I had the money to throw around I'd probably get one.